# 41 (permalink)  

Old 04-26-2009, 04:30 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Mornin peeps
Looks like rain is on its way......
Old 04-26-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My neighbor is taking me up to ck's college to get dk and bring her home. I don't relish the thought of sitting in a car for three hours but am very grateful to him that he's doing the driving. (I have such wonderful neighbors!)
Old 04-26-2009, 06:48 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Resident

Good morning whiners.
My wife works for the Hydro and last night there was a big storm in TO and she was called to go in to work at 9PM to deal with the power outage calls.
Before this would have been great news as I would hit the bar about 1 minute after she left but now it was just a weekend night alone and lonely. I am going to be a nice guy and let her spend the overtime money on herself this time.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
let it grow!

rain.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I am tired of having to do everything in this house for everyone while everyone just b**ches and moans. Which is what I am doing right now!!! Just feeling like no one appreciates anything I do for them. Would be nice just for once to have them say Hey Mom thanks, could I help you? Guess I'm sitting on the good ole PityPot and will be here a while.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
the good ole PityPot
don't forget to stir!

:ghug3
Old 04-26-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
let it grow!

double post
Old 04-26-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

my whine..................MY FLIPPIN SURGER HAS GONE NUTS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I made the mistake of eatting one small piece of carrot cake, even took off my favorite part, the frosting it was cream cheese.........
started with me blacking out at the table, edward came out of the bathroom I came to with him screaming my name......guess I freaked him out really bad, sorry love!
he said lets start with your sugar......436 took 26 units of insulin......429 @ 953p..with that call dr back again take my regular 50 units before bed [email protected] to sleep
wake up it is 337@10am with nothing to eat or drink because he told me not too to see what it is.....take my normal 20 units plus the 12 more units cuse of the sliding scale dont you flippin know it @ 1118am this morning it is up to 433!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All I had was 2 cups of coffee and a darn banana!!!!!!! Dr says take more insulin EAT something solid with no sugars seeing as the bananas have natural sugars in it.......It is now 417...........ugh...........so tired of this up and down crap sticking myself 14 plus times a day and no one getting my meds right!!!!!! And I wonder why they have to remove a kidney and part of my liver!!!!!!

I am shaking so damn hard I cant see straight my family has called off my dads b day party so that we can all sit here and worry........WTH?!?!?!?!?!?

I just want to feel better......I am 38 and feel 97 and slippin on a banana peel!!!!!

Love
Pamm
Old 04-26-2009, 10:44 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
cmc

Katzy...take a look at this for some help with the diet...Ask the Dietitian
This page is good, but I recommend you check out the other links on the site too.
Whoever told you Splenda is bad for diabetics is wrong. There are quite a few artificial sweeteners that DO raise blood sugar and can tear up the insides of the tummy if eaten in large quantity. Those 'bad' ones usually end in 'ol' or 'al.'
The American Diabetes Association recommends Splendra as a first choice ...it has 0 calories and does not raise blood glucose. My kids and mr cmc use it. All of our endocrinologists like the blue packets or the Splendra- but our neurologist (one of the top 10 in the US) does NOT recommend the blue packets- he prefers to use only Splendra or the wise limited use of natural sugars instead.

I hope you can get the numbers evened out soon.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

your lips to Gods ears.......ate 2 turkey brats with nothing but a bun and a bunch of mustard glass of water dropped down to 304 so I just took another 12 units.....just shaking like hell but Dr has already reserved a bed for me at the hospital if we cant control it here at home......3 days to surgery and this AINT good!!!!!!!!!

I was even really good at mommas she made me german chocolate cake.....didnt eat it she made my favorite chocolate chip muffins didnt eat it.....LOL honestly took momma and dad out to every meal claimed it was because it was dads b day.....its because she fries everything or makes really fatty meals.......got sent home with 7 loaves of homemade bread and over 24 muffins......STRAIGHT to the freezer............lol

I love her to death but thats mommas way of showing she cares and loves us.......like today she has been cooking since about 11 last night, she is worrying about my sugar she went out and spent like over 200 bucks for food for edward and I ( shes afraid if I come home he cant take care of me the house and the dogs as well as get his homework done and gone to classes too so shes going to cook "Meals" and freeze them, dad said she has about a months worth of meals already...........lol

I am starting to get scared again....................ugh first court......and that was fine.......I mean not often do you hear a judge tell you that he is so impressed by you that he is esponging your record and that *** Looking at the jury box that was filled with ppl going to prison*** they should take a page from my book.....WOW.....still suprised as well as humbled by that, was told to finish my Masters degree because we needed more ppl like me in the world.......sort of confused by that but again as I said humbled and decidedly over joyed by it!!!!! I actually sat down and wrote a thank you letter to him!!!!! Dont see ppl do that often eaither..................LOL

Love and Hugs,
Pamm
Old 04-26-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

CMC,
Sorry I forgot, you asked where I had heard about the Splenda....The u of m Hospital.....I have cancer in the pancreas among other things......any ways SOME sugars and yes even sugar alcohols cause my sugars to rise.....Splenda is made with sugar alcohols.......some drs have the opinion that it is better to use splenda than real sugar truth be told it isnt it is just a weaker type of sugar and they use the worst part of it the alcohol.......better to use none at all.... me personally I stick with sweet and low or any other type of sub like equal......the only time I eat real sugar is when someone puts it in their foods and I eat their cooking, even Edward has learned not to use it and we are fi ne with it.........the other thing is your starch intake and breads even your fruit.........I dont eat red meat hardly ever and have an awsome diet.......the drs are in awe of how we eat naturally only to find out my sugars go nuts all of the time......they say it is my lack of activity that makes it so bad........if only I could take up running again.........I miss that!!!!! Talk about a natural high!!!!!!

But thanks for the info I will definaltely check out the site, I am always looking for good sites like those that will help with a diabetic diet........

Love and hugs,
Pamm
Old 04-26-2009, 11:23 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
cmc

I've been dealing with diabetes for over thirty years, I raised two little kids with it and watched my MIL suffer from it too. It's a tough thing to live with- even if the BG is kept stable- and it was/is in good control with my family members. We worked with dieticians, nutritionists and specially trained pediatric endocrine nurses too. These days the 'kids' are adults take care of it themselves but I still stay on top of the latest research and recommendations.
I hope you feel better soon.

edit...I guess this could be my whine for today???
Old 04-26-2009, 11:28 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

well...just haven't been here in a while, thought i'd stop by and say

love sucks

but i'm happy anyway (grin)
Old 04-26-2009, 11:37 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
IO Storm

LOL NANDS! I've missed you saying that on here...

Hope you feel better soon Pamy Katz

My mama is diabetic..I know how hard it is.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:55 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Sorry to hear about your sugar being high Pamm. Hope you get better too.

Ananda yes love does suck.

Oh by the way, thanks Parent I am a crypiggy today and loving every minute of it for a change.
Old 04-26-2009, 12:44 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
cmc

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
well...just haven't been here in a while, thought i'd stop by and say

love sucks

but i'm happy anyway (grin)
I miss ya too, nandsie...and the hedgie is cuter than ever.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Thanks and I am sorry cmc it couldnt of been easy, sometimes I wish I had gotten it when I was younger.......then at times not at all.....I am down to 239..........gotta take more insulin........................God this sucks!!!!!!!!
We just BBQ'ed and I wanted more of the goodies we made but couldnt.........Life sucks sometimes........BUT on the up side I was able to side outside in the sun and spend time with Edward and the dogs as well as my neighbors enjoying the sun........that and my sugar steadly dropping!

Love and Hugs,
Pamm
Old 04-26-2009, 06:21 PM
  # 59 (permalink)  

hiya nands!

its time for the zip to whine one out!

up at 2 am, did my daily posts, went to the flea market early, had to wait almost a hour to get in!

looks like everybody and their uncle decided to go today!

it was freak'n hot, at 8 in the morn'n...

packed up at 9, hightailed it back to town to play at the curch...

asked the pastor, hey, did you call ? to play bass..

reply, was busy!

WHAT!!!, to make one 20 second call! Harruummpphh!

went home, unloaded the junk i didnt sell...

then had to track down some ebay buyer stiffs!

went to take a nap, get up, and get up to some insanity in the house, a repeating the same thing bit, and expecting different result!

told ya nan! lol

after meeting, went to the store for the 8 o'clock bakery bargains!

the lady at the check out, put the cake in the bag again horizontal, i said, scuse me miss, that last time you did that, i had Chocolate Crean Pie all over my jalopy!

and the Coupe de Grassy!, on the way out of the store, Mr, Mrs and the Kids and the Carraige, decided to lally gag on the way out the door, reading the sale items, hey, you just left the store you nit wits, read it on the way in next time!!!

dontcha know, i wana go home!

ah, feel much better, who's got it better then me!

i did all of this clean and sob'a!

Old 04-26-2009, 06:40 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

The DVD player in my computer's not working all of a sudden... hope it's just a temporary glitch...

Yes, and diabetes really sucks. It took my beloved dog's sight last year.