Notices

Codependency and Beyond Part 4

Old 05-27-2009, 04:52 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks live! Hmmmm, no hints from me....I have a brown thumb and have managed to kill every plant I've ever tried to own! I guess that does not bode well for the lovely yard I'm getting with the new house.......

Hugs, HG
Old 05-27-2009, 05:57 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Live, I am reading "Six Wives" The Queens of Henry The Vlll by David Starkey...I spent quite some time reading everything I could on the Dark Ages....I love history...

So glad for you that you are seeing your counsellor and Doc today!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:19 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  
Administrator

All About Me,

My Dad is in the process of selling his house and moving into a Senior's residence. It has been a constant roller-coaster ride with him. He has changed his mind back and forth so many times, my head is spinning.

And, I trying to fend off the guilty feelings. He lives thousands of miles away from me and I am not going out there to help him. The problem is that he is having to get rid of my mother's (the saint) things. He sees her only in a saintly role, even though he cheated on her for a decade and the two said the most vile, horrible things to each other as I was growing up. My brother and nephew live 5 minutes away from Dad. Both are able-bodied men, but my Dad will not ask them to help him move?? My Dad, nephew and brother are caught up in the dance of my nephew's addiction, including incredible manipulation. I have had to put up firm boundaries between my brother, nephew and me, and to some extent my Dad, because the situation breaks my heart.

When I hang up from a phone call with my Dad, my head is spinning. He is either very depressed or flying high (bipolar likely). I never know what to expect. He is actually doing fine with the move and has somewhat enjoyed getting things organized and planned, but the guilt keeps trying to make its way into my mind.

I am rambling here and not really going anywhere, but it helps to write the thoughts.

Live, I hope the herb planting goes well. I have no advice at all!

Hugs to everyone!
Old 05-27-2009, 06:31 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Administrator

Continue:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-5-a.html