Notices

One Year and Under Club Part 2

Old 03-03-2011, 07:10 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

HFA...how's it going???
Old 03-03-2011, 08:34 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
HFA

Good for the most part, thanks for asking. There is a bill being proposed in my state now that would cut my pay by 15% and remove seniority protection from my X and cut her pay by 5%... but hey whatever. But still sober.
Going to a wedding this Sat with the GF and her kids. Should be fun. Kinda nervous about the beer, oh and the dancing lessons I have been taking. I think she is expecting a lot of dancing..UGGG
Old 03-03-2011, 08:45 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Is the politician who proposed the bill going to take a 15% cut in pay as well?

Didn't think so!

Murray
Old 03-04-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Boo...politicians suck

Have fun dancing up a storm at the wedding!

Thought for the day...beer tastes like dirty sneakers!
Old 03-04-2011, 07:12 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

YIKES!!!!

Eight months.

That first week seemed so impossible and now the months are flying by. Thank you to everybody in this whacky little group of ours who helped in so many ways.

Murray
Old 03-04-2011, 11:07 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
HFA

more like YEA!!! eight months. Congrats!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:12 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Murray4x5 View Post
YIKES!!!!

Eight months.

That first week seemed so impossible and now the months are flying by. Thank you to everybody in this whacky little group of ours who helped in so many ways.

Murray
OMG Murray - I completely forgot that I passed the 8 month mark a couple of days ago. Too much work, I guess. Congratulations to you and to me!
Old 03-04-2011, 05:16 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to see you guys still doing it

D
Old 03-05-2011, 08:17 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

we are so cool
Old 03-06-2011, 07:50 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
OMG Murray - I completely forgot that I passed the 8 month mark a couple of days ago. Too much work, I guess. Congratulations to you and to me!
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sooooooooooooooooo glad to hear that. I hadn't heard from you for in a while, and sometimes around this joint people disappear for all the wrong reasons. You just made my day

Murray
Old 03-06-2011, 09:30 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

(( HUGS )) Murray - you made my day too. Had a huge work project - major software upgrade which went into production last week. I got through it without drinking although I did really really wish I could have had a drink or two to soothe my frazzled mind at one or two points in the whole ordeal.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:29 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Is anyone else still having drinking dreams? I had one last night and it was so realistic. In the dream, someone gave me a glass of white wine and I was going to tell her that I don't drink, but I could smell it and taste it, so I just hovered in that moment, frozen.

I always dream about wine or champagne when I have drinking dreams. I was much more of a liquor person, so I don't know why it's always wine or champagne. The dreams also involve social situations, and I did most of my drinking alone.
Old 03-06-2011, 09:37 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

I recently had a first...a dream where I told people I didn't drink

But I still have an occasional. Drinking dream and like you its not the way I used to drink...wonder why that is?
Old 03-07-2011, 04:59 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WatchTheSky View Post
Is anyone else still having drinking dreams? I had one last night and it was so realistic. In the dream, someone gave me a glass of white wine and I was going to tell her that I don't drink, but I could smell it and taste it, so I just hovered in that moment, frozen.

I always dream about wine or champagne when I have drinking dreams. I was much more of a liquor person, so I don't know why it's always wine or champagne. The dreams also involve social situations, and I did most of my drinking alone.
I have had a couple of intense drinking dreams just in the past two weeks. Very real and very scary. In one of the dreams I drank a beer. Beer wasn't my usual drink. And another I am not sure what I was drinking but I knew it was alcohol and that I am not supposed to drink.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:35 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lyddie View Post
I have had a couple of intense drinking dreams just in the past two weeks. Very real and very scary. In one of the dreams I drank a beer. Beer wasn't my usual drink. And another I am not sure what I was drinking but I knew it was alcohol and that I am not supposed to drink.
That knowledge is very intense for me too. I clearly identify it as alcohol and feel strongly about it. It's not hazy and ambiguous like most dreams are.
Old 03-08-2011, 07:53 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by Murray4x5 View Post
Just found out tonight that my grievance is going before an Arbitrator in about a month. If it goes in my favour my job will be reduced, and they'll have to pay me back wages for the amount my job is found to be "over assessed". By my estimation it should be about an hour a day in overtime pay for a year and a half...cha-ching cha-ching cha-ching. Wish me luck
The BIG corporation I work for didn't want to go before the arbitrator this coming Thursday, and have agreed to determine how overassessed my job is. Basically this means they knew they had it wrong the whole time, and they were going to get seriously whacked by the arbitrator.

It might take a couple months to get some Route Measurement Officers up here to restructure my route (I'm a letter carrier who also delivers parcels from a van), but it should be worth all the effort.

(Being "overassessed" means that even on those days when I finished on time, or 15 minutes early, they still owe an hour of overtime pay).

Hee Hee Heeeeeee

Murray
Old 03-09-2011, 08:49 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Murray - if I understand the bureaucratese, that's good news!
Old 03-09-2011, 08:27 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  
HFA

Sooo, its been a little over 8 months. My best friend still drinks a lot. We do have a lot in common (type of job, interests and so on) besides drinking. He wants me to be his Designated Driver at a concert in a couple of weeks. He is paying the whole bill. The bands ok, but not someone I would pay to see.
I would like to go, cuz we dont do anything any more. He sits in his basement and drinks. I am not sure how I feel about being around all the booze and him drinking. I am afraid it would make a perfect excuse. I have gone to weddings and parties with booze and been fine.
Not sure what to do here.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:29 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Congrats Murray! The sooner you get your money. The sooner you get your darkroom

Ok...just want y'alls opinion on something....I use fb a lot for marketing purposes...so I have a lot of "friends" who I don't know...some of whom I have gotten to know IRL and am happy about it. One of my H.S. classmates (we weren't friends) I am friends with...I am also friends with her husband. They live in TX with two young kids. Husband is in NYC on business and asked if I wanted to meet...I was a little surprises (we don't really interact on fb) but thought maybe he was interested in my children's portraits. I sort of hedges and he said "how about dinner...my treat"....how would you all read this?

Thanks!

Tina
Old 03-09-2011, 08:37 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Proud Neonephalist

Originally Posted by HFA View Post
Not sure what to do here.
Listen to your instincts.

I'd decline, but if I wanted to spend some time with him, I'd invite him out for some non-booze activity. If he declines because there's no booze, well, it's a tie.

Murray