Notices

Codependency and Beyond Part 3

Old 03-11-2009, 04:06 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

I have not been posting much apart from Language because things are moving very quickly with my mom and we are trying at this point to get her into a Palliative care facility... and it is taking most of my focus right now..

((Amy)) good for you!..distraction is 9/10 of the Law .......sometimes its all we can do...

aww, (( Dev))..... hard balls are a stinker...!
Old 03-11-2009, 04:08 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

(((Grateful))) - big hugs and prayers, sweetie. Remember...taking care of YOU is priority one.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Administrator

Grateful,

It really does seem like this situation with your mother is moving at a great speed. I'm sure it must be difficult to process it all and to keep up. I continue to pray that your mother is feeling peace and also for you and your family.

DeVon, don't let the 20 year old get you down. We're here for you.

And, Amy, I was so much in denial, I didn't even know I was in Codie land, never mind beginning to look for the exit.

How great it is, that we are all here on this journey and sharing our bits of knowledge and our struggles.
Old 03-11-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

thanks Amy...I am doing really good taking care of me, no worries...
I know how to delegate
but my siblings are being amazing...
and everyone is working together to ensure mom's best care...
I have a medical background and because I went through this with Dad.. they(siblings) are doing all the legwork and consulting with me on how to move through this and advocate on mom's behalf with the Doctors....
so I am really being supported around my health issues..
Old 03-11-2009, 04:32 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

((Grateful)) thinking about you, like Amy said remember to take care of yourself....

It has taken me many years to finally realize what my problem has been, that is being a codie...my life would have been alot different if I understood this years ago. But I believe it has all worked out the way it was suppose to. I am grateful I am learning to take care of myself now.....
Old 03-11-2009, 04:34 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Grateful, I am so glad your siblings are part of a team in this effort! :ghug :ghug

I'll vent here shortly I'm sure. I'm in the midst of creating call lists for my AA group as we ran out last meeting with several newcomers present, and I need to have them done for tonight!
Old 03-11-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Thanks, everyone, your words are a comfort to me..!
yes, Dev..it is wonderful to see my family pulling together in this way....(vent away, eh!!)
Old 03-11-2009, 05:31 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by grateful2b View Post
I have not been posting much apart from Language because things are moving very quickly with my mom and we are trying at this point to get her into a Palliative care facility... and it is taking most of my focus right now..

((Amy)) good for you!..distraction is 9/10 of the Law .......sometimes its all we can do...

aww, (( Dev))..... hard balls are a stinker...!
ohmygosh...lol...! meant to say...... curve balls!
Old 03-11-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Administrator

Grateful, I think it's wonderful that your family is working together to help your Mom. So, often, at these times of crisis, families end up bickering.
Old 03-11-2009, 06:35 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
mergirl

Hard Balls don't sound like they would be pleasant either

I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but hospice was a life saver for me g2b. I lived with my grand dad the last year of his life, he had end stage alzheimers and when we called them in, I had a charge nurse, a hygiene aid, a pastor, a shrink, and a case manager on call 24/7 for free. They brought us equipment, meds, and counseled the whole family on what to expect at the end. Good luck to you honey

Devon hang in there, I hear it gets better=)

I too never heard of codie really, I thought trying to save the world made me worthwhile. . .haha
Old 03-11-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

yes, Anna, it is...and the truth is when my Dad was fighting his battle with cancer, the family dynamic was very different...
and I think people have learned some things from that possibly, and of course it is twenty years later...

Lisa, I was my Dad's palliative care...and hospice was an incredible support for me...I cannot do this for mom this time round, and no one else in the family is able to, so she will go into a palliative care facility near me that I am familiar with...and they are simply amazing, and wonderful with the families!
Old 03-12-2009, 04:44 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((((((((Grateful))))))), I'm so glad to hear that your sibs are helping out and that everyone is working as a team! Palliative care facilities can be such a support. They were when my former FIL was losing his battle with ALS. Prayers for you and your family!

(((Amy))) I hope that today is good!

(((Anna))) So....certain family crises have become "airing of grievances" and "feats of strength" in your house, too?! Good times, right?

(((DeVon))) Sorry to hear that the young'un is being a codie trigger! Just remember that we are here for the venting!

Hugs to you all! Hope the morning is bright and the coffee is not bitter!!!

HG
Old 03-12-2009, 05:59 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
mergirl

Awesome to hear gtb. Hope you all have a smashing Thursday (or Friday for you kiwis and such living in the future).
Old 03-12-2009, 06:40 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

You are reading from The Language Of Letting Go by Melody Beattie

March 12

Timing

If we could untangle the mysteries of life and unravel the energies which run through the world; if we could evaluate correctly the significance of passing events; if we could measure the struggles, dilemmas, and aspirations of mankind, we could find that nothing is born out of time. Everything comes at its appointed time.
- Joseph R. Sizoo

Timing can be frustrating. We can wait and wait for something to happen, and it seems to be forever until it comes to pass. Or, suddenly, an event or circumstance is thrust upon us, catching us by surprise. Believing that things happen too slowly or too quickly is an illusion. Timing is perfect.

Today, I will trust and work with Divine Order. I will accept the timing in my life today and in my past as being perfect.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:49 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  

I've learned, the hard way, that things really do happen when they're supposed to. Things I've thought I wanted RIGHT NOW, and didn't get...well, further down the road, I could see why it was not meant for me to get it then.

That doesn't mean I still don't want things when I want them It just means that I tell myself "I'm right where I'm supposed to be, and things are happening the way they're supposed to"....a LOT! If I had gotten things MY way, I'd have been in a mess, later on down the road.

I finally got all my paperwork organized, last night. I've been putting this off for over a year...have just had boxes of paperwork, and had to go through everything when I wanted to find something. Finally got frustrated enough and filed it all in the handy-dandy file box I've had for over a month, maybe 2. I can now go pay off my court fines, today (since I found the paperwork), get an updated copy of my criminal background and followup on the feony, and call the GA dept. of revenue and raise he!! about the money they say I owe, that I don't....3 things that have stressed me, all of my own doing!

I'm going out to do more stores, and it's supposed to rain, but that's okay. Got up, fixed myself a bowl of cereal and toast. Elvis and Mots drank most of the milk in my cereal and tried to lick the butter off my toast Spoiled rotten cats!!

Hope everyone has a good day!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-12-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

I truly believe that everything that comes my way has perfect timing..
For me it is an extension of my belief that its all in God's time,... not my time...
and if the purpose is not clear, it will be soon enough..
I have seen enough countless times in my life, when His timing was so much better than mine!
and so perfect...
Old 03-12-2009, 07:00 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Amy, glad you found your papers and you're all straightened away!
that inspires me to take one more dig in the locker in the basement to find the ones I've been looking for(Taxtime). Its gonna be physically challenging , so I have been putting it off...but I am going to do it today!!
Old 03-12-2009, 07:03 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Just sending out hugs to everyone today. My 'vent' is small change compared to your current stuff, Grateful. I'll just say my new eyeglasses are in, and I am hoping my stomach settles enough for a road trip today to get them (youngest daughter was very sick day before last and I am praying I don't have the same thing).

:ghug :ghug :ghug
Old 03-12-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

((DeVon))) - it doesn't matter whether a vent is "small" or "big"...we're here for them all. I, too, hope you don't have the same stuff your daughter had. Everyone had the flu, in my house, except me I threatened their lives if they breathed on me!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-12-2009, 07:20 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
((DeVon))) - it doesn't matter whether a vent is "small" or "big"...we're here for them all. I, too, hope you don't have the same stuff your daughter had. Everyone had the flu, in my house, except me I threatened their lives if they breathed on me!!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
yes, ditto! on the venting...
((Dev)) hope you managed to escape the bug