Notices

Class of December Part 2

Old 02-15-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

HOLY CANOLI!!!! I'm gone for 2 days and come back to find all these great posts:ghug2

Okay, I'm going to catch up and respond to everyone tonight once I get my Babies in bed. Just took Hubby to the airport, he'll be gone all week =( Be back soon!

Loves you guys =)
Old 02-15-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
mergirl

Haha, I don't even own a tv=) I have NO attention span for most movies. My mom says its because im an "intellectual snob" :wtf2
Old 02-15-2009, 05:59 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Okey Dokey, I"m back! lol Kids are in bed and no school tomorrow so no rush to get to bed (not like I go to bed early anyways! lol) Trying to figure out what to eat since I'm not overly hungry but need to have some sort of dinner. Will start to read and answer posts as I try to figure it out! hahaha

SeaHorse~ Hmm...I wonder what poster you mean? j/k I know exactly who you mean Girl. Like you I read it and was just flabbergasted! Yep, I saw it happened to Lisa as well. I began to type a response so many times but deleted it, it's not worth it and I know it will fall on deaf ears. But it is what it is. You can't force someone to see the truth, you know? I"m glad to hear you had such a nice visit with your Son. The idea of keeping your AA chips in the tin is GREAT! Good Boys him and Hubby giving you chocolate =) It's nice to see you and Hubby gt along even though you aren't together right now.

Movie nights ROCK! lol Hubby and I got a new TV last week...did I mention that? Not sure, my mind still forgets alot! lol Anyway, he got me a new Blu-Ray movie yesterday, Nights in Rodanthe, so I might watch that tonight. I also have the book but I know if I read the book first I'll compare it to the movie and since they hardly ever measure up, I'll do it backwards! lol That's why I'm hesitant to watch Secret Life of Bees. I read the book and thought it was fantastic and have the movie rented and sitting here...but haven't watched it yet. Thank goodness I have no due date on that one!

As far as the reading I'm trying to figure out what to start. I haven't read a book since Christmas and that really bugs me because I like to try to get in at least 2 a month. I *LOVE* Vampire books, well vampires in general! lol Silly so don't laugh...I read the entire Twilight Series! I finished the last book that is over 700 pages in a day and a half. I loved that they were easy reads and I really got into the story. I guess it taps into my love of cheesy teen movies! Shhh....don't tell anyone

And BTW...HAPPY 60 DAYS!!!!!:You_Rock_ I'm so proud of you my Friend :ghug3 I was waiting for the 17th, since it's hard to count days I'm just trying to remember everyone's anniversary day =) Oh well, I'll congratulate you again then!
Old 02-15-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

ExNavy~ Nope, didn't tell us your name was Charles but it's nice to know =) I really like all your pics, but my fave is your avatar! You sound like you are having such a great time with your Friends, that's awesome. We don't have White Castle here either and my Hubby loves those little burgers! lol Well, we have them at the grocery store in the freezer section, but it's not the same! Have a great time at the Seether concert

Oh and what you posted is very true. I really have to remember that IRL when people make stupid comments that make me angry or want to smack them! lol
Old 02-15-2009, 06:23 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Jess~ I'm so sorry to hear about your Puppy! I hope she feels better soon Girl. Give her a big hug and kiss from me and please let us know hwo she is doing:ghug3

It sounds like you had a lot of good stuff planned for your Birthday outing! I love stuff like you described, IMAX, the Planetarium =) We have a small telescope we like to take out on clear nights and just star gaze, it's so peaceful~ I hope you had a great time and where able to stay awake! lol

Chocolate...do you know how many times I've heard that word the past 2 days? I had a wonderful Godiva piece yesterday that was to DIE for! It was milk chocolate with a creme brulee filling...yeah, I'm drooling! hahaha
Old 02-15-2009, 06:33 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Lisa~ You know I've never read Stephen King? I did read one by Koontz that I really liked called The Voice of the Night but I read it so long ago I don't remember much of it. I have a few Anne Rice BUT again, have yet to read them. I need to get on it! lol

We should post some of our favorite books! A lot of times it gets me to read stuff I wouldn't otherwise pick up =)
Old 02-15-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Classical~ Hey Warren It's so nice to be able to call you by your name now! I'm glad you had such a nice Valentine's day~ Lucy sounds so sweet =) I want to see a picture of her! You know everytime you mention your project it makes me smile because you sound so happy and proud. All I know is I'll be reading it with my Babies =)

Interview with the Vampire is one of my FAVORITE movies!!! Yeah, anytime I can see Brad Pitt I'm happy! lol I remember telling Hubby when we saw that movie (we were dating at the time) that if Brad Pitt showed up at my door he wouldn't have to chase me to bite me, I'd pull my shirt down for him! Dang he's sexy...OH have you seen him in Troy? *drool*

I used to watch Desperate Housewives but stopped watching in the second season when it got bad. Then I lost interest and when it got good again I just didn't bother. I have a few friends who don't miss it and LOVE it. You know what new show I like? The United States of Tara with Toni Collette. It's really good! I just realized the main shows I like are ALL on Monday: House, 24 and Heroes. I also like Fringe and the new one Lie To Me. We DVR them all and watch them on our time, so we have like 6 episodes waiting! lol Honestly I can give them all up as long as I have 24 and Heroes =)
Old 02-15-2009, 07:16 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I hope I didn't miss anyone!!!!!!

So this weekend went by so fast! Yesterday Hubby and I took the kids to a FanFest event for our local baseball team, which was a lot of fun. Hubby played baseball from childhood through college and I learned so I would understand the game when I saw him play. I fell in love with him AND the game of baseball! lol Plus comeon, hot guys in uniforms that don't hide it all like Football or Hockey? Yeah, I'm all over it! lol After that we just went for a drive and after the Kids went to bed ordered some Valentine's Day Sushi and had it delivered =)

Today was my MIL bday and since Hubby was leaving to go out of town we went over early and had brunch over there. Then we ran some errands, came home and watched the Daytona 500, which I was SO MAD got called because of rain! It sucks that's how the season started but the Drivers safety is the main thing, you know? Told you guys I loves sports!

So my Hubby left only a few hours ago and I already miss him and he won't be back until Friday which sucks! There are times when I actually enjoy the alone time, and he travels often so I'm quite used to it. But I still don't like it =( The Kids keep me busy but honestly my Husband is my best friend and the person I always lean on. I get lonely without him.
Old 02-15-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 89 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

Mariposa I am the same exact way about reading books and then the movie is such a letdown..if I read the book first..I usually won't watch the movie....I think that is a great idea ...to watch the movie first..and then the book would be an enhancement...great minds think alike!!! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend with your family..and you sound so much better..I'm sure you will miss your hubby but alone time even with kids is great...I'm not sure I like living alone...but for now we are going to stay separated til we eventually go to marriage counseling again...we talk on the phone almost every night..and I see him a couple of nights a week..it is my drinking that came 'this close' to destroying my marriage!

ClassicalYou are a riot..about the brad pitt and 'sucking' comment..lmfao..do you like johnny depp? I really go for the dark hair , dark eyed ones..my husband is of east indian descent..jet black long hair...big dark eyes....and he works out..has 20 inch biceps...he's also 20 years younger than me!!!!! grrrrrr i'm such a cougar hahahah!!!! I've always liked younger men...he is 29..I told him when he is 30 I will need to trade him in! j/k! but he looks old for his age...and my mom told me the other day i look like i'm in my thirties...i have no wrinkles..thank you oil of olay!!!!

LisaI have a tv but I just watch it for news and my fave show the bachelor every monday nite...i watch my netflix movies on the computer mostly....

my excitement for the night was once again! getting pulled over by a cop!!! my car is a cop magnet....he couldv'e got me for going through a stopsign...well rolling through...and no insurance card or registration on my person....but the sweetie let me go...400 bux worth of tickets..i was so grateful..i still have to pay a fine next month for driving with no glasses...and i just had to shell out 100 bux for registration.....egads..makes me want to give up the car and bus it everywhere....!!!!!!
btw...my name in real life is Dori.....wouldnt it be cool if once a year in december we could all get together!!!!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow...oh btw...i was too chicken to get my 60 day chip because for some reason there was like twice the number of people at the aa meeting than usual...so i will get it some other meeting this week!!!!

hugs and stuff
Old 02-15-2009, 07:48 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Seahorse~ Nice to meet you Dori:ghug3 I do feel much better. I don't know what was going on with me those days but I'm glad it's over. My kids are a trip, they do keep me entertained! lol Oh and I know you asked Classical but I must tell you, I've loved Johnny Depp since 21 Jump Street! I used to have huge posters of him on my walls and I'd talk to him all the time Your Husband sounds like a Hottie! lol It's funny because the guys I like are polar opposites. I either like the typical blond, light eyes, guy. OR the dark haired, dark eyes, latin guy. Not much of an in between girl. I love my men to be pretty, but very masculine and they have to be TALL. Hubby is 6'2, black hair and big brown eyes with lashes that go on for days! Oh and he has the sexiest dimples. It's sick I tell you! lol

And yeah, oil of olay rocks! lol I use the Garnier products and I love them. They are cheap and my skin looks really good! Hey, you gotta start BEFORE the wrinkles pop up, not after, kwim?

I'm so sorry to hear you got pulled over again! Thank God the cop was nice and let you go =) Be careful Girl!
Old 02-15-2009, 08:29 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
mergirl

Fav koontz: One Door Away From Heaven, the odd thomas series is quite good as well.
king: wow the list is too long, "the cell" is new and was great, "the stand" "Tommyknockers" "misery" omg so creepy hahahah. The green mile was a great mini series as well.

I have a "recovery" type question Id like to ask you all before I try the scary general pop out there. Not sure if any of you heard or remember the story of my "hitting bottom", but there were other people involved in the debauchery that evening. I have some pretty big resentment, even towards the person I wronged. No one was on their best behavior that night. I know somewhere in the "12 steps" there are ways to work on letting go of resentments, and making up to people you wronged, but I am not 12 stepping, soooooo. Have you guys any idea about how long I will be angry towards these other drunks? Is it mandatory that I forgive them you think, or can I just cut them out of my life and move on? They wont be getting sober anytime soon, and they are definitely not "healthy" relationship type people, but I cringe when mutual friends even mention their names right now.
I know you guys are all just as new at this as I am, just some ideas or feedback would be nice
thanks
Old 02-15-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Lisa~ I remember most of the story about what happened. First of all you do not have to have these people in your life. I was told one time when I was struggling with forgiveness that we forgive to heal ourselves more than anyone else. By forgiving it doesn't mean you are forgetting or allowing them back into your life, kwim? I'm not in AA either but I've heard of writing a letter to the person stating exactly how you feel, no holding back. Then burn it, no sending it! It's mainly to get that out and the burning of it is supposed to help release you of the pain. IDK, it sounds hokey doesn't it?

How long will you be angry? Only you can know that Sweetie. But the longer you stay angry the longer it will be before you feel better, does that make sense? I know one of the hardest things to do is let go of anger and resentment specially when you've been hurt. By forgiving you're not saying it's okay, but you allow yourself to move on.
Old 02-15-2009, 09:54 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
mergirl

Im pretty tense about it, and Im not a tense-type person so Im trying to let it go. I figure its all still to fresh and I just need to give myself some time to heal before I worry about other people, although in the end your right, being angry wont make me happier!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by uglyeyes View Post
Im pretty tense about it, and Im not a tense-type person so Im trying to let it go. I figure its all still to fresh and I just need to give myself some time to heal before I worry about other people, although in the end your right, being angry wont make me happier!
It is still early Sweetie~ I know it feels like forever since December, it does to me sometimes! You are absolutely right, now is not the time to worry about them. YOUR healing and recovery are the priority here, not other people's hurt feelings.

I wanted to tell you I truly do understand how you feel about being so hurt and knowing you have to let go but just needing time. A few years ago my inlaws were hell on earth for me. For some reason (they seriously had no reason!) the decided to treat me like sh*t to the point I told Hubby I was about to just leave and make them happy. That treatment of me lasted 2 years (along with the digs they took at me the years before that) and they caused me A LOT of pain! It took me a very long time to get over it and I'm still not 100% over it. I'm just not the type of person who ever fully forgets when she's been hurt.

I understand Girl and you take your time and take care of YOU!! :ghug3
Old 02-16-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 95 (permalink)  
mergirl

Thanks Suz, I'm pretty much better today and by tomorrow I will be back at work and it will be out of my head again for awhile.

Warren, I hope I'm allowed to at least think your a little. . .silly:P I think most people no a days have self image distortions. I lost 55 pounds last year, and finally started liking taking pictures, only to find I have crooked teeth and I'm old hahaha. For me, the pictures are just putting faces to the names, but I am ok with avatars as well=)

for instance, phal is a really cute puppy. Phal, I think right now its just muttled into where I went wrong that night, and where the people I thought I could count on failed me. So for right now, keeping my distance is the best I can do.
Old 02-16-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

I've never gotten my biceps over 17" which are pretty big for a guy my size though.
I'll always be cursed with arms like Olive Oyl!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:40 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Classical~ Good Morning =) Aww, we're not going anywhere! I know I"m pretty attached! lol

I'm sure you are a very handsome guy and are just being too hard on yourself! IMO the majority of men look better as they age. Sean Connery, George Clooney, even Brad Pitt! They all got better the older they got =) Personally I like those small wrinkles around the eyes that guys get, the ones that show they aren't too old but just old enough to be trouble! lmfao You guys all seem to be in such good shape!!!! *I* need to get there. I had a *fantastic* body when I was younger and never appreciated it. That's why my pic is of my face only, no way will I put one that shows my tushy! lol I"m working on it though, have been doing a lot of walking lately and eating better =)

What do you mean *IF* we can help keep you on track? Boy you just TRY and drink while I"m around and see what happens! Although I'd be more worried about Charles beating you up, you know he doesn't put up with bullsh*t! lol You have so many wonderful things happening to you right now, you will NOT drink that away. But I think you know that =) I swear I can't wait to hear the name of the book and what it's about! You know I've never been to New York? I have a friend from childhood that lives there and he does singing on Broadway and travels all over the world. He used to sing in the choir at school and has the voice of an angel =)

Well, I'm home with the Kids. We are watching Star Wars: The Clone Wars right now, we all love Star Wars =) I woke up feeling funky, like my allergies are messing with me. I took a claritin and my vitamins, will be drinking tons of water to make sure I don't get sick. My Mom has the flu so I'm not taking any chances! I'm for sure staying indoors today, the pollen is already kicking butt down here.

I'll be around on/off all day =) Love you guys!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:47 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Charles~ Hey Buddy =) I wanted to ask you a question since you are the workout king! What would be the best way for me to shed fat and kick this weight loss into gear? I know I have to cut out sugar, limit carbs (empty carbs), plenty of water and veggies. But how about time spent exercising? Any suggestions?
Old 02-16-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Drunkaholic

What would be the best way for me to shed fat and kick this weight loss into gear?
I know this may come across strange but it is an honest answer. Burn more than you consume.

OK, having said that here is a great tip. Keep a food log!!!! Log everything that you eat. There are great free programs out there that have all the columns you need and you get the information straight from Nutrition Labels on food products.

Next, BURN calories. First thing you want to do is look up a calorie burning calculator to get an idea of what you burn (these are just generalized calculators but good reference points). For instance with me I burn about 2400 - 2600 calories on days I work out or 1800 - 2000 on sedentary days. That is just the amount of calories required to keep the body going or fuel burned.

Now, once you get an idea of your caloric deficit (meaning you are burning more than consuming) you can get an honest feel for how long it will take to shed pounds. A pound is 3500 calories. So if you are burning 500 calories a day more than you are consuming then in a week you will lose one REAL pound.

Dig around on the internet for these tools.

As far as exercise, you have to do at minimum of 30 minutes of sustained cardio to start seeing real benefits. Your goal needs to be an hour. I know I can not stand to get on a machine alone and just go for an hour. It will not happen, so I use Spinning or Cycle classes as my primary exercise. Then on the weekends I have a young lady who has taken me under her wing to run 3 miles on Sautrdays and sometimes Sundays.

All of this can be done easily. There are no magic pills or fad diets needed (although I do take supplements) or that will work without the cardio.

My weakness is I don't do a lot of weight training. I should and it will come in time.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Charles~ Thanks! Oh trust me I know hard work is very much the recipe for getting in shape. In no way do I expect or think I can take a pill or be lazy and achieve what I want =) I already keep a food log, which is why I know what to cut out because if you saw it you'd FREAK! lol See, I enjoy weight training but HATE cardio! I worked my way up to 45 minutes on the elliptical last year when I was exercising, but got to tired of doing that darn machine. Add to that the ridiculous amounts of alcohol I began to drink and well...

I'm going to sit down and write out a plan and STICK to it. I'll check in every day with my workout when I post, that will help keep me honest and on track =)

I appreciate all the advice!!!!!!!