Notices

Class of November Part 5

Old 01-27-2009, 03:10 AM
  # 481 (permalink)  

hey wonkey (hug) yeah it really will be much easier in the long haul if you just tell...little awkward at first but then just a lot simpler. besides, the deceits we practice on others tend to turn to self deciet if we go on too long with it

(hug)
Old 01-27-2009, 03:57 AM
  # 482 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

I'm in the pub!!!

No i'm not

Yeah I agree Nands, I think there might have to be some honesty with a few choice friends. Hmm I can see that going down like a turd burger, no fries....
Old 01-27-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 483 (permalink)  

OK....my friend helped me sort my head out last night and I'm much more with it today.

She has 35 years sober and lost of skills at how to focus on quality of sobriety.

If the seller responds well to reasonable requests I shall buy the house. It doesn't tie me to anything....I can sell at a loss or even better rent it out via a managemnt company if i choose to find diferent work or relocate. and the payment is less than rent.

now all the emotional baggage that came up with that...it's simply my next step toward growing...the next challange to work on in sobriety.

just wanted to let you know what is going on. She also told me that everyone is different and some people do have periodic face downs with a bottle through out sobriety....periodic meaning not often it isn't a reflection of whether or not i have good sobriety

I feel much more hopeful about things today
Old 01-27-2009, 04:27 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Pixie.....you didn't check in this morning...hope you were just runing late (hug)

CG...yeah our state budget is such that there may be some jobs dissapearing soon...I'm lucky cause my position is probably relatively safe...well if i can start actually doing it again

I am really really ready for a career change, but have no idea what i would do and so it's gonna require some thinking and planning ove the next year to accomplish that. Actually I'm not too intersted in a career at all...but want something less stressful and at the same pay lol don't we all.....

it's amazing how priorities change over the years...I guess i feel like i'm done with the career thing...being the best of the best and all....just not that interesting. I know it is being of service to others, but it doesn't seem that way anymore and hasn't for a long time....best for me, the organization and the people i'm "serving" if i make a change.

I know that doesn't look like it's about not drinking on the surface, but it really is.
Old 01-27-2009, 05:30 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
The Legend returns!

Pixxy is cool don't worry. She checked in with the mule

Good to hear you see to have come to a decision regarding the house. Sounds like a good plan as well. Maybe your friend could sort my head out as well!!!!

Joke...
Old 01-27-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

would someone please get a ladder and climb up and scrape me off the ceiling????:ghug
Old 01-27-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
Administrator

The thread continues:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2081187