Notices

Just a quite trivial question really Part 6

Old 01-03-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i wish i would have invented buffalo wings.

nice pic, jersey - excellent choice!
Old 01-03-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny View Post

"Cluck U".

Thanks, Jersey!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

good question pix....my brother has one in his back yard

If wibbles doesn't come back from his pout we will have to have woodchuck wednesday instead of weeble wednesday!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

this being a maths thread and all....

Old 01-03-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

oh lol I thought it was some sort of machine. How cute!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Woodchucks Chucking Wood
This is difficult to question answer. The amount of wood that woodchucks would chuck on a given day varies greatly with the individual woodchuck. According to a Wall Street Journal article, New York State wildlife expert Richard Thomas found that a woodchuck could chuck around 35 cubic feet of dirt in the course of digging a burrow. Thomas reasoned that if a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would chuck an amount equal to 700 pounds.

Some say it depends on three factors:

The woodchuck's desire to chuck said wood.

The woodchuck's need to chuck the aforementioned wood.

The woodchuck's ability to chuck the wood.
Others say:

He would chuck, he would, as much as he could, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

If he could chuck wood, the woodchuck would chuck as much as he could!

A woodchuck would chuck as much wood as a woodchuck could chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

A woodchuck would chuck all the wood that the woodchuck would chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, he would and should chuck wood. But if woodchucks can't chuck wood, they shouldn't and wouldn't chuck wood. Though were I a woodchuck, and I chucked wood, I would chuck wood with the best woodchucks that chucked wood.

If a woodchuck could chuck wood, then s/he'd chuck all the wood, s/he'd chuck and chuck and chuck and chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood.

It would chuck the amount of wood that she sells seashells on the seashore divided by how many pickles Peter Piper picks.

One quarter of a sycamore if you give him a quarter for every quarter of the sycamore he cut.

It might depend on how many female woodchucks were present. Or, it could depend on whether the woodchuck's mother-in-law was around or not. If she was, he'd be chucking all day. If not, he'd be watching the football game.

Some maintain that woodchucks could not and would not chuck wood at all.

It depends on how good his dentures are!

A woodchuck, would chuck, as much wood, as a woodchuck, could chuck, If a woodchuck could chuck wood. But unfortunately, woodchucks do not chuck wood.

About 5.72 fluid litres of wood

About as many boards as the Mongol hoards would hoard if the Mongol hordes did hoard boards.

Um....... 23????

Tons. More than you can count. Honestly. No one can chuck more would than a woodchuck.

If the woodchucks name was Maurice, then it could chuck all the wood that it wants to. However, if its name is Frank, no chucking would be for it.

Due to the average size of a wood chuck and the general density of wood (not including cork) if a wood chuck could chuck wood it would probably get through about 6.573 pounds per day, assuming the wood chuck is functioning correctly.

Using the formula: (W + I) * C where W = the constant of wood, which is well known to be 61, as agreed in many scientific circles. I = the variable in this equation, and stands for the word "if" from the original problem. As there are three circumstances, with 0 equaling the chance that the woodchuck cannot chuck wood, 1 being the theory that the woodchuck can chuck wood but chooses not to, and 2 standing for the probability that the woodchuck can and will chuck wood, we clearly must choose 2 for use in this equation. C = the constant of Chuck Norris, whose presence in any problem involving the word chuck must there, is well known to equal 1.1 of any known being, therefore the final part of this calculation is 1.1. As is clear, this appears to give the answer of (61 + 2) * 1.1 = (63) * 1.1 = 69.3. However, Chuck Norris' awesome roundhouse kick declares that all decimal points cannot be used in formulas such as this, and so it must be rounded to the final solution of 69 units of wood.
Does this mean there is no simple answer to a trivial question?
Old 01-03-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

It would chuck the amount of wood that she sells seashells on the seashore divided by how many pickles Peter Piper picks.
This seems reasonable enough and a quite logical answer to a quite trivial question.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Jersey Nonny View Post

And, there you have it...take your pick! I actually prefer wings to other parts of the bird. I've often requested extra wings instead of whatever else was in an order at the local take out place called "Cluck U".
Rae is there a Cluck U near you? I have to drive to Trenton!

* and I do .

Global Thermo Nuclear. The best flavor. Second hottest to 911 (they aren't as good, just scorchingly hot and no flavor).
Old 01-03-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

any correct answer to a trivial question always leads to more trivial questions....other wise the original quesiton was NOT trivial enough.....

YouTube - West Side Story-I Feel Pretty

just felt like posting this....no particualr reason

This one too

YouTube - I Can't Say No [from OKLAHOMA]
Old 01-03-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i want a CLUCK U tshirt.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:04 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Rae is there a Cluck U near you? I have to drive to Trenton!

* and I do .

Global Thermo Nuclear. The best flavor. Second hottest to 911 (they aren't as good, just scorchingly hot and no flavor).
Yup! In Brick...closer to where I used to live than here, but close enough. There's a Walgreen's near the Cluck U; and, that was my "big day out"...shop for Walgreen's sales and stop at Cluck U for take-out on the way home. The guy behind the counter used to look at me quizzically when I'd ask to substitute three wings for a breast. But, that's the way I liked it!

i want a CLUCK U tshirt.
PR...I don't know if they exist, but they should make them, if they don't. I'll have to check it out.
Old 01-03-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Lucky You Rae . Now I'm in the mood for wingers tonight!

K... sorry darling:

Not available yet, please visit us again soon, expected to be online around early 2009!!!.

Cluck-U Corp. Policy does not sell its 911 sauce other than from its store and customer must consume it in the store after signing a waiver. (the "911 Wingers Challenge")
Old 01-03-2009, 10:12 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
not a greeter

How about this K?

What the Cluck! T-shirt from Zazzle.com
Old 01-03-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i can't believe we're talking about chickens on two threads.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Old 01-03-2009, 10:24 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Cluck U is a chain of fast food places that specialize in chicken wings and buffalo wings. They always deliver and they only exist near colleges and universities. good, spicy, cheap food, delivered real quick to your dorm room or keg party.

In addition to making wings with different sauces on them (honey hickory, cajun, teriyaki, etc.) they have several levels of spicyness - mild, atomic, thermonuclear and 911.

The 911-flavored wings are so spicy that you actually have to sign a waiver to get them. It's only half-serious - the waiver ends with the sentence "I am an idiot.". Then again, it's only half-kidding; the effect of whatever hell-spawned concoction they put on those wings is very close to the effects of tear gas. Lest you think i'm exaggerating, allow me to point out that the preceding observation was made by a friend of mine who was in the Army for a while. After eating some of the demon-crafted 911s, he explained to me, through watering eyes, a runny nose, and between huge gulps of water, how during basic training, army recruits are actually exposed to tear gas. He went on to say that how he felt right then was remarkably similar. I was too busy cramming my mouth with as much bread and water as i could get and eating handfuls of TUMS to pay attention, but he told me again later, when the gastrointestinal holocaust had ended.

Regardless, the food is first-rate, as far as cheap, spicy buffalo wings go. I heartily recommend it to all you carnivores who may read this. Unfortunately, they are only found on the East Coast, south of New Jersey. The first Cluck U was established in New Brunswick, New Jersey (near Rutgers) and they've migrated south from there. A favorite with students at UMD.
Since this was dated 2000, I wonder if they still deliver. Everytime we see an ad for a restaurant, our big question is, "Do they deliver!?!"

How about this K?

What the Cluck! T-shirt from Zazzle.com
Naaaa...It would have to say Cluck U...although that might be copyrighted. Which reminds me...

Anyone know if it would be illegal for an entertainer to bill himself as The Big Bopper?
Old 01-03-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Alright folks ?
Old 01-03-2009, 03:03 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

How you doing Fizz

I was about to send the dogs out looking for you

Don't mention Fulham

Its a sore point

Old 01-03-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

I'm fine Wibbs

Had a great week in Ireland, saw and done lots and stayed sober, all good.

Went to my first Ice Hockey game, thought of you actually cos Belfast Giants were playing Sheffield Steelers, your mob won 3 - 2, good craic but no a patch on football !!!!!!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:14 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Well, who would ever have thought you could do so much with buffalo's wings? You would have thought them completely redundant.

Do you ride your ponies much in winter, Pixy? Must be hard to get any time, what with the short evenings and all. I struggle just to look after the guinea pigs in the dark.

((fizzy)) our hero returns! Anyone who stays sober in Ireland over New Years gets a medal!!

Just returned from the panto - I had such a laugh, and wasn't willing it to go by quickly becoz I wanted to go home and start drinking. Thoroughly embarassed the teenagers, but that is definitely the best I have felt sober!!!

Off to watch Terminal - one of my all time favourite films. Luv u all, LB xxx