# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of July 2008 Part Six

Here is the last part:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-5-a-20.html
Old 11-10-2008, 05:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Ooh ooh! Part six already! Good morning classmates and friends and family! Lots of love and hugs to you all! Little dog doesn't seem to be having problems climbing up stairs or getting up on the bed today! I know your prayers and positive thoughts helped him! A big THANK YOU to all for helping my little dog!!!

I hope you all have a lovely day!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for all the love and support. It does help. (((((class)))))

Other than waking up with a headache a couple times (hey, I thought that only happened from drinking!) I slept from about 6:30 pm to 6 am

I checked in on her before I went to sleep and she was sleeping then and she is now too. I did see evidence that she was up long enough to let the dog out and back in, but nothing to show much more than that. She went to sleep about 3pm and is now sleeping at 7 am so even if she was awake for hours in there somewhere, you can still say we both got a lot of rest.

Off to work now. I'm working from home which I'm able to do most days. She won't be alone.
Old 11-10-2008, 08:29 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi all! Day 114 here and I am feeling great! I've noticed that I am really kicking butt at work. I guess the fact that I'm not working 5 days out of 7 with a hangover is really helping. Never realized what a fog I was living in, and it seems like it just really started to clear around the 90-day mark. Crazy!

Hope everyone is doing great! I haven't had much time to catch up lately. Hugs!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Way to go on 114 days Rhinogal!!

Old 11-10-2008, 09:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow. Rhino girl - The fog just starting clearing after 90 days?! That makes you a super trooper in my book. Because I had that instant reward: no brain fog, no hangover, a little pink cloud of euphoria in the beginning that motivated me to stay sober! You're amazing girl. And so is Least - staying sober through all this trouble. But you have both been present in your life and better equiped to handle all that life has thrown your way. Big atta girls to both of you.

How's the baby Least? Isn't the appointment today?

JIT - I'm not surprised you slept for so long - your body and emotions needed sleep to heal. Thank God for that. I woke up a couple times last night and thought of you and your wife and just hoped that you got some rest. I truly believe that sleep is the most healing thing that we can do for our bodies. Even more important than eating right and getting fresh air. Where do you and your wife go from here? My un-asked-for-advice is not to prentend it didn't happen. Something is very wrong and she needs medical treatment and support. And you need help with this also. Maybe even more so than her since your in a "caretaker" role. Did you call your therapist? You don't have to answer these prying questions if it feels too overwhlming to discuss at this time.....I am just very concerned for both of you.

Where oh where is DancingGirl?????? I miss her humor and stories.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:42 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow, part 6!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 09:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks BL, I feel if I start talking it will be hard to stop. My mom's partner of over 10 years died very suddenly last Saturday.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:54 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BreakFree

Hey T...I already had that vision of Tony Soprano riding an ATV instead of his big white SUV in my mind, but that emoticon just takes the cake..."Swing, bada, bada, swing, bada, bada swiiiiing..."
LOL That is quite the vision.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bostonluv View Post
JIT - I'm not surprised you slept for so long - your body and emotions needed sleep to heal. Thank God for that. I woke up a couple times last night and thought of you and your wife and just hoped that you got some rest. I truly believe that sleep is the most healing thing that we can do for our bodies. Even more important than eating right and getting fresh air. Where do you and your wife go from here? My un-asked-for-advice is not to prentend it didn't happen. Something is very wrong and she needs medical treatment and support. And you need help with this also. Maybe even more so than her since your in a "caretaker" role. Did you call your therapist? You don't have to answer these prying questions if it feels too overwhlming to discuss at this time.....I am just very concerned for both of you.

Where oh where is DancingGirl?????? I miss her humor and stories.
Thanks BL, advice is welcome from you as well as others.

Agree about not pretending it didn't happen.

She does need med/mental treatment. Trick is getting her to agree. Much like an alcoholic in that regard. We all know admitting that you need help is, while absolutely critical, resisted.

Did I call my therapist? I am working to get an additional appt for early tomorrow as well as the usual Friday appt. As you know, I'm greatly appreciative of this therapy support group too and I'm staying in touch with the 2 friends that were involved.

Yes, where is DG? Hope she is ok.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

scoob...so sorry to hear about this! It's gotta be a tough time for you. Please talk about whatever you need to we are all here!

DG...please check in...i'm getting worried too!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:00 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Black and Yellow

Can't believe this is part 6 already!

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:12 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Class: I'm so sorry for being absent during so many changes for everyone!! I didn't even know where to find this thread today! Thank you all for thinking of me!!! I'm ok! To be honest, I haven't felt as comfortable posting very much last week (yep, I'm over that now! lol) and then this weekend I had to actually "work" and prepare for a huge trade-show which is my once a year advertisment in town. All day today I've been trying to reassemble my store...not pretty....and have just been able to get back online now.

JIT: sweet god...I'm so sorry for everything that's happening!!! Lives can change in a split second, can't they? I'm glad that your wife is physically ok, at least.

Least: kicking butt still on your days!!!

BL: missed you, girl!

Everyone: I'm still trying to figure out what this new forum is, so I'll be bouncing around here for a bit getting my bearings. I hope you're all hanging in there!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:18 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

scoob: I am SO DANG SORRY for your loss!!! Please message me if you ever need to just vent, ok?? Losing someone is incredibly hard! How's your mom doing??

Tony Soprano: missed you!!! Anything new?
Old 11-10-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey Friends! :)

Just getting caught up with a cup of coffee while I enjoy my first break of the day (at 5pm). Now it's off to get dinner on the table! I've missed spending time here with everyone today. I hope you all had a FABULOUS Monday! :) I hope to be back later...sure do we wish could get that "teleporting device"! LOL ;)

(waves and smiles)
Old 11-10-2008, 07:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Scoob said: I feel if I start talking it will be hard to stop.
Scoob, a sudden death is a shock to the system. You may not feel much of anything right now. I had a sudden death in my family about 5 years ago but I won't talk about that. I only mentioned it because a sudden death vs. a long term illness is very different. I remember how annoying it was to hear other people talk about deaths they had experienced. It's an auto-response that people have. When you are grieiving you could care less about anyone else losing a loved one. I wish people wouldn't do that. Anyway, you do whatever you feel like right now. If you want to write a novel to us, we are listening. If you want to talk about fluff while you are processing all this, do that. As with DG, please feel free to PM me also. I bet you could even get away with calling us attention-seekers with a death in the family. (Just trying to make you smile or laugh a little).....Big Hug.

Class you are all now officially in my prayers every night. I'm not religious but I do pray. I think of prayer as a way to stop thinking about myself for a few moments and think of others. And that can only be a good thing.:ghug2

JIT - Thank you for being so graceful about my prying. I hope you get that appointment tomorrow and I will pray that she will be helpful and not just annoying. I know she's given you advice you weren't quite on board with in the past.

DG - Glad you are back - I've missed you too

Hey perky Melissa. You're another one I love having here in our threads. You're just so sunny and perky and all that GOOD stuff.

How's Ananda? Hanging in there with all the house stress? Thinking about you also......

Hey TONY

Last edited by Anna; 11-11-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dancinggirl View Post
scoob: I am SO DANG SORRY for your loss!!! Please message me if you ever need to just vent, ok?? Losing someone is incredibly hard! How's your mom doing??

Tony Soprano: missed you!!! Anything new?
I was wondering when you were going to show up. Good to see ya.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

For Scoob.......

An excerpt from W. H. Auden's poem:

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

I remember wanting to cry when I was grieving and felt that no one would let me do it. I thought maybe this poem... I hope I'm not harming you with it.
Old 11-11-2008, 03:03 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Hey all,

Mind if I join Part 6?

I actually have no idea what day I'm on, and I'm glad about that. I know July 22nd is the start date, but I don't know what that puts me at. While I want to be vigilant about my recovery, I don't want it to dominate my life. For me, not thinking about my days is my way of doing that. Until I can count in "years" I guess I'll use "months for now, hehe. (BTW, I'm not making any comment on anyone who is counting their days--there's more than one way to cat a skin.)

Well, life goes on in the relationship realm and I'm learning to deal with things as they come. I realized last night that a bowl of ice cream with Hershey's syrup can be a good way to deal with a little stress rather than booze.

Have a good one.

BMUS
Old 11-11-2008, 03:48 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Ice cream with Herseys syrup sounds pretty damn good.