Notices

Class of November Part 3

Old 12-13-2008, 07:06 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I'll have your back massage for you nands. I'm with bugsworth on this one.

I'm spending the day dragging my sick a$$ around, altho it feels somewhat improved after taking a handful over every available pill in the house, lol! Don't worry, nothing I shouldn't!

Also, coca-cola people - good for colds and flu. Don't know why, but I'm craving it and it seems to help.
Old 12-13-2008, 07:11 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

LB *slap*

read my post to you on trivial...it wasn't trivial and should have been posted here....am i gonna have to chase you down on all the threads you visit and yell at you?????

NO RUNNING AROUND.....GO TO THE DR

I don't want to see you in

Old 12-13-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

If it wasn't for the kids, I would be in bed, believe me!

In 1886, when Atlanta and Fulton County passed prohibition legislation, Pemberton responded by developing Coca-Cola, essentially a non-alcoholic version of French Wine Cola.[4] The first sales were at Jacob's Pharmacy in Atlanta, Georgia, on May 8, 1886.[5] It was initially sold as a patent medicine for five cents[6] a glass at soda fountains, which were popular in the United States at the time due to the belief that carbonated water was good for the health.[7] Pemberton claimed Coca-Cola cured many diseases, including morphine addiction, dyspepsia, neurasthenia, headache, and impotence. Pemberton ran the first advertisement for the beverage on May 29 of the same year in the Atlanta Journal.[8] For the first eight months only nine drinks were sold each day.[citation needed]

Old 12-13-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

How we doing people?

Just popping my head in to say hi

All good hear, off the booze still and feeling good. Just busy with having my friend staying with us

Hope you are all ok, seems very quiet on here, everyone getting ready for a massive binge at Christmas I guess
Old 12-13-2008, 11:59 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Hi Wibble. I'm day 10 off the booze. I'm suddenly thinking about it more - I've hardly given it a second thought since I stopped in September, but for some reason, now, I'm having to watch myself.

I keep thinking I wasn't that bad. I made a fuss about nothing.
Old 12-13-2008, 12:00 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Hi wibs.......do miss you.....hope you are having a good time though and don't drink no matter what :ghug3
Old 12-13-2008, 01:23 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi everybody,
Glad to hear people are staying on track! Hope you will be back soon Wibs and hope you feel better LB... btw, coca cola is excellent in any situation! That's my theory anyway. Pixy! Good to see you. :ghug3

Nands, you're in Kansas? You would be laughing so hard at us with our snow preparations right now. Just came back from the store where lines were 20 deep... everybody buying food like the world is ending. Normally what happens is there is this big buildup and then suddenly the moisture never shows up and nothing happens.

PS - have so far managed to ignore the voice telling me I should stock up on wine in case I'm stuck inside for awhile!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:30 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

resist that voice cola girl! I know wibs and possibly LB aren't counting days and all...but I wondered do you know what day you are on? Only ask cause it seems like you've done well all week...but then I sometimes don't pay close enough attention

I still prefer un-cola myself....nothing personal cg....I'm sure your sweetness is superb!

I'm not much of a stocker myself (well not that kind anyways) but I will be more careful this year. Last year I only "stocked up" on cigeretes and then we had no food when the ice storm hit...ended up cooking bacon and eggs cooked on the grill in the freezing cold. No electricity and I stayed curled up under blankets in the living room for several days....was really glad I had no liqer in the house as I really really missed it during that time..but once I got out of the house I was fine.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:38 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  
getting there

Yes, I believe today is day 4, and also day 6 out of 7, which sounds better! Having a bit of a hard time pulling out of the slump from my trip, but am happy I'm at least not drinking all weekend or every night at this point! It also helps me to think only about today, because I start freaking out if I think things like what about New Years, why don't I just make it a resolution, what am I going to do when I go to another holiday party, etc. Then those things make me think, why not just drink now?

I am praying that I don't lose power here, but since I seem to lose power for every other reason I'm not that hopeful. I HATE losing power! Bought a portable light and some more batteries for my lantern flashlight just in case. If you don't see me for awhile, that's likely what's happened!
Old 12-13-2008, 01:46 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I get it with the fck its that can come when I think the big one i can't handle is right around the corner...that is a good time to really focus on the moment. I've been giving it some thought, and I don't think I'm wigging out about christmas because it's christmas or anything like that...I think its that I'm in a sorta uncomfortable place at times right now and christmas sorta seems like something good to blame it on if i decide I can't do this deal.....

but that is just crazy cause i've been through a lot worse than a little growing pain in sobriety before...so I think I will stop even trying to "come up with a plan" and taake this one day at a time for a while....so i say and hopefully I will do.

I'm already through the hardest part of this growing thing anyways...so it really shouldn't be that hard boy...the things we can hang on to...
Old 12-13-2008, 01:54 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
getting there

I totally get the whole "blame" thing. I can blame anything for making me drink. Christmas is coming, there's a spider in the house, my cats are sick, my kitchen is dirty, I can't afford the sweater I want, somebody hurt my feelings, blah blah blah. It all makes me the one who's NOT in control, and it makes me mad when I let it happen.
Old 12-13-2008, 01:58 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
getting there

Going to cover my outside faucets and such. Be back a little bit later.
Old 12-13-2008, 02:07 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

We like to panic in England to cg. A light dusting of snow and the traffic comes to a standstill and no-one can get home from work. We are slightly pathetic!! Now you guys in the States - you have WEATHER!!

Day 10, nands, without drinking. I'm counting!!
Old 12-13-2008, 02:19 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I think I'm a control freak....I like counting...plus i'm sick of being stuck on 893...

WOW when one of us hits 893 days we can have a big roman toga party....should this be on the trivial thread...really

wibs has to wear one with cookie monstor motif...haven't decided about timmy yet...now fizzy is obviously going to wear plaid...LB is white of course, and pixie has to be in a lacey sheer pink one....what about cola girl??? hum...open up a little cg...we need to make a decision!!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 04:22 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
getting there

I want a Coke-can theme!!!!
Old 12-13-2008, 04:25 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

coke heads
Old 12-13-2008, 04:48 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  
getting there

Old 12-14-2008, 12:44 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Still not counting days but am still sober

Having laptop issues (eg its fooked) so am struggling to post. Still love you all though!

The Wibble shall return

x
Old 12-14-2008, 02:52 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by wibble View Post
Still not counting days but am still sober
That's what matters!!!
Old 12-14-2008, 04:04 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I want some coke now (the black stuff!). Am feeling a little better people. Probably all that sleep I had yesterday.

The grand nativity play is tonight - I'm quite spaced out on my illness and various pills and potions, so I don't feel at all nervous. Then hopefully off to my meeting afterwards, if there is time.