Notices

Bottoms Part 105

Old 12-09-2008, 07:20 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
WARNING

Astro, you may want to skip this next part:

I found out from my friend that works there that my sons had a scuffle on the playground last week. She asked if the boys father came over and said anything. Uh... not to my knowledge. Apparently... a snotty girl in my 4th graders class sat on a boy also in the class. Then... my 3rd grader went over and kicked the kid in the head. Not good! The kid gets up and goes after my son, so my older one, sticking up for his brother... kicks the boy in the balls . Well... he shouldn't have done that anymore than the younger one kicking in the 1st place but at least he was sticking up for his brother which is a good thing in my book. Yes, I did tell him it was wrong to kick anyone regardless.He could've dragged his brother home by the ear. They are both grounded from the Wii for a few days right now.
How the heck could I skip reading something with a warning like that?? It's like putting a 40oz malt liquor in front of an alkie with a sticker that sez "don't drink" I succumbed to temptation.

Bitchin'. It reads like the screenplay for the 2009 version of My Bodyguard. So far my kids haven't been in any fights at school, but I guess there's a first time for everything.

Stone, once again I don't know what to say and I know I can't fix ya, so I'll just send some caring thoughts and prayers your way.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by RK2007 View Post
Why is it when we do stuff over here in the UK, when we get it wrong we don't just get it wrong, we get it EPIC wrong?
I dunno RK, I think you guys brew great beer and the fish and chips are pretty darn good too!

Thanks for sharing the pics and story, that's some good stuff!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:26 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Ro, I wish I could send you a huge Christmas stocking full of love, hugs, and good things.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:05 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Putting in second load of laundry and gonna take a shower.

I like the christmas ideas, K. They sound kinda manageable. When I shovel, I'll take a couple xmas things in from the garage. they are still out there from when we had the floods. It's still snowing. I better start shoveling soon or I'll never get out of here. I'll just do a bit at a time so as not to overwhelm myself or break my goddamn back.

I left a message with my gym asking to suspend my gym membership. that's money out the window that I can't afford right now - and until my anemia begins to improve, there's not much sense in paying for a gym membership.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:32 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
How the heck could I skip reading something with a warning like that?? It's like putting a 40oz malt liquor in front of an alkie with a sticker that sez "don't drink" I succumbed to temptation.

Bitchin'. It reads like the screenplay for the 2009 version of My Bodyguard. So far my kids haven't been in any fights at school, but I guess there's a first time for everything.
Well I tried to stop you... but I'm glad you found it entertaining.

Lucky for you. Your kids are probably 'normal'. This is the 1st time I know of that my youngest has been in a fight (other than with his brother)... and the 2nd time for the older one. Same kid though .

They need to chill out now before they end up getting hurt. I told the younger one if he's going to be a mean little PITA bully he had better start running faster. He's likely going to **** off an older boy and get squashed like a bug. It won't be pretty.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by gypsytears View Post
Your kids are probably 'normal'. This is the 1st time I know of that my youngest has been in a fight (other than with his brother)... and the 2nd time for the older one. Same kid though .

They need to chill out now before they end up getting hurt. I told the younger one if he's going to be a mean little PITA bully he had better start running faster. He's likely going to **** off an older boy and get squashed like a bug. It won't be pretty.
How could my kids be normal? Their father's an alcoholic and the mother is a codie and sex addict. Nope, couldn't be normal.

I only fought a few times in school. The first time I picked a younger kid but he was three times my size. I had braces, and he was wearing a huge ring on his punching hand. I was spitting out skin for days.

Thought I'd post a tough love video for stone. Pretty graphic if you have a weak stomach. To me it's not just about drinking and driving, it's a reminder of why I can't safely take another drink. Drunk Driving - www.FootyPD.com
Old 12-09-2008, 08:55 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Great post from least http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-drinking.html
Old 12-09-2008, 08:55 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
let it grow!

SEASONS GREETINGS FROM ILLINOIS, THE CRAPLAND OF AMERICA

Ill. Gov. **** arrested in Obama successor probe

CHICAGO – Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich was arrested on Tuesday on charges that he brazenly conspired to sell or trade the U.S. Senate seat left vacant by President-elect Barack Obama to the highest bidder.

Blagojevich also was charged with illegally threatening to withhold state assistance to Tribune Co., the owner of the Chicago Tribune, in the sale of Wrigley Field, according to a federal criminal complaint. In return for state assistance, Blagojevich allegedly wanted members of the paper's editorial board who had been critical of him fired.

A 76-page FBI affidavit said the 51-year-old Democratic governor was intercepted on court-authorized wiretaps over the last month conspiring to sell or trade the vacant Senate seat for personal benefits for himself and his wife, Patti.

Otherwise, Blagojevich considered appointing himself. The affidavit said that as late as Nov. 3, he told his deputy governor that if "they're not going to offer me anything of value I might as well take it."

"I'm going to keep this Senate option for me a real possibility, you know, and therefore I can drive a hard bargain," Blagojevich allegedly said later that day, according to the affidavit, which also quoted him as saying in a remark punctuated by profanity that the seat was "a valuable thing — you just don't give it away for nothing."

The affidavit said Blagojevich also discussed getting a substantial salary for himself at a nonprofit foundation or an organization affiliated with labor unions.

It said Blagojevich also talked about getting his wife placed on corporate boards where she might get $150,000 a year in director's fees.

He also allegedly discussed getting campaign funds for himself or possibly a post in the president's cabinet or an ambassadorship once he left the governor's office. He noted becoming a U.S. senator might remake his image for a possible presidential run in 2016, according to the affidavit. And he allegedly said a Senate seat would also provide him with corporate contacts if he needed a job and present an opportunity for his wife to work as a lobbyist.

"I want to make money," the affidavit quotes him as saying in one conversation.

The affidavit said Blagojevich expressed frustration at being "stuck" as governor and that he would have access to greater resources if he were indicted while in the U.S. Senate than while sitting as governor.

U.S. Attorney Patrick J. Fitzgerald said in a statement that "the breadth of corruption laid out in these charges is staggering."

"They allege that Blagojevich put a for sale sign on the naming of a United States senator," Fitzgerald said."

(THE ARTICLE GOES ON, AND GETS WORSE ...SO I HAVE SPARED YOU - TODAY'S NICE GESTURE)

****our gov before him is in prison now.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:01 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Send him to Arizona. We've had a few real winners as our governor too!
Old 12-09-2008, 09:02 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  
let it grow!

you don't want him, astro. he has really bad hair.
Old 12-09-2008, 09:06 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  
let it grow!

here's maybe the worst part - it appears the 76-page report is only for the shite he did in the LAST MONTH - since obama got elected!

disgraceful.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Shovelled 2/3 of driveway - took me an hour and a half. It's still coming down. I was losing the battle, but continued on until the plow guy went by. I saw that as sign from HP and came inside. I did take in one box of decorations. Will take in another with daughter later. If I take in 1 box a day from garage, and store it in basement, I will be done by the new year. Baby steps.

Gonna have some chicken soup and watch that vid Astro posted, and read the article that least posted.

That sucks about your governor, K. How disappointing.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Woke up feeling crappy today but managed to take the dogs to get their nails trimmed. The beagirl howls like she's in a chainsaw massacre. I'm glad it's done for a while and I didn't have to do it!

That drunk driving video is a graphic reminder of how I don't want to die. Thanks. I needed that!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:00 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Ro...... I'm sorry you having a difficult time. I wish you lived closer. I have 2 trees up. I will dedicate one of them to you!

Least........My beagle howls like that too. You would think she was being torchered in the WORST way when she gets her nails trimmed. Kinda embarrasing really.

I made a 102 on my final. I'm not real sure how that is possible. But I am very happy the semester is over!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

How do you score 102? Wowzers you amaze me Tanho.

You gals have reminded me that my beagle and jack need their nails trimmed. I tried doing them myself but gave one of them an ouchie. no more.

Yeah graphic video for sure and that article you linked was really good least. thanks.

you guys are awesome. i think i will nap now.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

102, Tan? Yow. Awesome!

I just got off the phone with my AODA counseling center... Eleven months later, my insurance has finally paid for my treatment. That alone is motivation to get me out of my funk... That was an expensive nine days!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by tanyapmc View Post
I made a 102 on my final. I'm not real sure how that is possible. But I am very happy the semester is over!
Wow! You go girl!

Tellus, glad you got some good news too!! :bbd:
Old 12-09-2008, 12:01 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Bad news always follows good, I guess... My landlord just emailed me and said she never received my rent check.

I hate that old "god, how do I talk my way out of this" guilt that still bubbles up whenever anything goes wrong.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:17 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hang in there, tellus

:ghug3

you're doing good things.

getting a lot of snow in mad?
Old 12-09-2008, 12:55 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Yeah, K. Supposed to be 11 inches by the time it stops today. I didn't go into work because the streets are so bad (and who shops during a blizzard anyway?), but now it looks like I'll be driving downtown anyway to look for my stupid rent check.