Notices

Class of November Part 2

Old 12-08-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 421 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Hi Jig. Nice to see you - and day 8 - not too shabby!

I can feel the looooove on this thread. Let me put some out there :ghug3
Old 12-08-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Perfectly Flawed

You're fine folk, give yourselves a cigar!

I've been playing this game since 9.00 a.m, with only 1 hrs break to buy some new 'puter speakers and grab a hasty lunch.

It's nearly 1 in the morning, my fingers have seized and I'm seeing spots in front of my eyes...just 1 more level though...addict that I am...

Thanks for bearing with me peeps.

:ghug3
Old 12-08-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  
getting there

Hey everybody,
Just a quick check in before I head for bed. Haven't had much time to be online today so I hope everyone is doing well! It's been a decent day and I'm going to bed sober again so that feels great.

Hugs to all!

:ghug2
Old 12-08-2008, 08:58 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  

I cant sleep woke up at 3am TUT!

Sorry I wasn't about much yesterday, it was a hectic day. Hope you are all sleeping soundly or having a good day wherever you are :ghug2

PS WIBBLE.........! your too quiet for my liking and what you done to Timzup? Are you both going to a meeting later?
Old 12-08-2008, 09:02 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams CG
Old 12-08-2008, 09:06 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi Pix! I guess this is what needs to happen in order for us to be online at the same time! I was thinking the same thing about Wibs and Timzup... hope they check in soon.

Good night/morning, hope to see you tomorrow!

:ghug3
Old 12-09-2008, 02:46 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Havent things been a bit weird on SR for the last few days?

Everyone seems to be having a really tough time.

Its quiet and there seems to be a whiff of despair in the air.

Is it the time of year?

I hope things turn around for those who are suffering.

Although its a bit worrying for the newcomer I am quite relieved to see that Im not the only one who is finding this hard.

Gratitude and positivity are great but its not the whole story and its nice to know support is here when the chips are down. X
Old 12-09-2008, 03:06 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Morning peeps! don't know where the boys are, but hope they return sometime soon!

Is it winter or the Christmas season that make this harder. Actually, I am feeling quite positive. I don't know why. I have been taking the supplements St Johns Wort and 5 HTP with my antidepressants, so that may have made me happier. (me and my pills, lol!!)

But I just feel a little less tormented by life. A bit of peace. Day 4 and just doing the next right thing - which at this point is to go back to work. C U later!!
Old 12-09-2008, 04:21 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Just popped in quickly from work hope you are all ok.

LB I'm sure I once read that it wasn't good to take St Johns Wort with antidepressants. I may be wrong.

See you all here later
Old 12-09-2008, 04:47 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

I found timmy and the wibs.

YouTube - The sun will come out tomorrow
Old 12-09-2008, 05:19 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

I'm here...running a little late, but did get a little better sleep last night.

Cola Girl.....I think it is wonderful that you stay sober not only for the party you went to, but also didn't then dive in to make up for it the next day! that is spectacular..

Jig....I like to play minesweeper sometimes..though it can be a bit frustrating....it is almost like meditation cause i get so into it that i can stop my mind from thinking about things that are not worthy of thought....or maybe just give me a break from all the serious work my brain has to do to help me get better.

LB, wibs and tim....did you enjoy your meetings? I'm afraid I haven't been sharing in meetings much this week....I have been trying real hard to listen to what others say and absorb it.

Pixy....Thanks so much for your help yesterday. It was a rough one, but I feel a little more ok today. It's a process...I now know what it is that I am dealing with and can begin the process. You know when I was drinking I never could get down to the bottom of what was really upseting me, much less start to talk about it and get some idea of a new way to work with my karma. For me the steps are the guidlines taht provide a form for me to deal with these things.

Despite the bizarness of my posts....I have not drank
Old 12-09-2008, 06:01 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Lost Butterfly, I was also told not to take St Johns' Wort with my anti-depressants, might be a good idea to check. x
Old 12-09-2008, 06:05 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

love your signature Allport....Thanks for your earlier comment....I hate having a bad day on SR cause my ego says I should always be full of high spirits and all that stuff.

It seems that SR goes through these periods...but then I'm not sure it is SR...I think sometimes it is me and the funk I get in....you knw...how i see things and then act/react....and pretty soon we are all just a bunch of wirling karma tornados bumping into each other

Old 12-09-2008, 08:21 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

lol! Like your avatar nands.
Old 12-09-2008, 08:25 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Thanks LB....you about to get off work over there?????

I''ve got 1.5 hours just till lunch

When are the kids off over there for Christmas? Do you have out of town plans? will you be on the computer much if you get a break?

I hate that I can't spend sometime with my friends here on christmas eve or christmas day....but thats probably no biggy as you will all be off having real lives those days

I'm still waiting for help on how to make the marmalite jar part of my signiture...your suggestion just produced the box with the x in it
Old 12-09-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Actually, I'de love to hear from each of you what your plans are for christmas...if you could share. Alchohol isn't really a part of the family gatherings that I will be required to attend this year....I'll tell you my plans...but only if you tell me yours (sticks out tounge)
Old 12-09-2008, 11:23 AM
  # 437 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

There is still a big X in your signature. Are you deleting the http// that is in the box before you paste what you copied. That bit is crucial. Windysan told me that and then my stuff worked!

I'm having quiet time, just me and my 5 year old daughter and we get nearly 10 days off over Christmas and New Year. New Year I'm babysitting for another single mum in her 20's and probably having a little par-tay for the yung 'uns!!

So I'll be here to talk to you, my sweets!
Old 12-09-2008, 11:36 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

I did delete the http// it didn't help...i am hopless at computer stuff....

Glad you will be around...of course unless I change my mind...which I am seriously considering at this point....i will be at work when you are awake...

I can't decide if it would be too dangerous to take off time over the holidays..as far as drinking goes....what is your take on that LB?
Old 12-09-2008, 01:15 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I've got a dancing avatar too now nands. I was jealous.

I've got no choice as our office closes down. But I am going to make a little plan so that I go out and do something every day with my little girl. That will make her Christmas happier and hopefully distract me from the drink!

It's a real danger for me. Once she's in bed and all. And I plan to decorate my bedroom. There is a big red wine stain down the wall, and I haven't a clue how it got there!

But I want to change it. It is still the same as when I was with my ex and I feel I am ready to start letting go.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:34 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Hey Girls, this is my second post the last one went goodness knows where!

Where have the boys gone?

This is my first xmas without my dad. Last year was my first without my mum. We never spent a xmas apart so trying to make this year a little different.

We are going to my brothers for xmas dinner. Never been anywhere else than home.

I got a white tree so when I look at it I won't be reminded of a normal xmas.

Hoping to be here (SR) alot of the time and dont have much time off work.

New Year is hard as my aunt (dads sis) uncle and 2 cousins are down from Scotland as
normal. But that normal includes a big party, it is my dads b'day new Years day so its always a double celebration. My dad was sober for over 20yrs, it was the rest of us that drank??

The good thing thats different this year is that I have you guys, thank you :ghug2