Notices

Class of November Part 2

Old 12-05-2008, 03:23 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

You guys make this really tough!!!! eeeks i lead the meeting and i'm late...crap....arghhhhh

later
Old 12-05-2008, 03:29 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

There, I look far more attractive from the front I'm told.
Old 12-05-2008, 03:36 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

lol liked the last pic better.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:40 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi guys,
Feel like I missed something here... like a picture of timzup's alleged butt.

PIXY - I'm so happy to see you!! We're always here for you, regardless of circumstance.

Finally back home from my business trip (at least until Monday, when I go out again). Would love to post more about it, but I'm EXHAUSTED, and so happy to be home, so it will have to wait.

Hugs to all, hope you are doing well.
Old 12-06-2008, 02:57 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Morning all, Putting the christmas decorations up today

How are you all doing today? Whens Wibble due back?
Old 12-06-2008, 03:02 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

hope wibbles is back soon...think it's a weekend long thing....

I've gotten to where it doesn't feel right if someone is missing.
Old 12-06-2008, 04:19 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

It's very quiet today. I come back and everyone has gone except Nands and CG?

Got as far as getting the decorations out of the loft. I have to go buy some as I lost loads last year when my garage flooded. The shops are just so busy at this time of year.

There is a bit of tension in the house at the moment. Everyone is arguing over crap!

Back in a bit.....
Old 12-06-2008, 06:28 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
getting there

Hey guys,
Just awake briefly for now... only 6:30 here in my normal time zone. Pix, I think Wibble had a business trip this weekend and I don't think he was going to be online. Sorry about all the arguing... just what you need, right? I hope the decorating cheers you up!

I'll be back a little later.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:23 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  

timmy and guiniefly better check in soon.....I know they are not out of town.

Hey pixie...I do LOVE buying christmas decorations....its getting them up and down thats a pain....you know it is the one time of the year that I feel sorry for myself about not having a man around....when it's time to take the tree down.......just have to remind myself that I never ever ever have met a man who takes the tree down....looking at my friends husbands has helped me stay single for a long time

Little miss un-cola...nice to have you back to your regular schedule...we want a nice long update. and tips for those of us who haven't traveled yet...it is somehting i fear.

LB....please please please stay with our class...sure...you could run off and start a new thread...but there is something special going on here and you and pixy are a big part of it regardless of your sobriety dates.....

Sobriety is important..it is the goal and we will all make it one day at a time....but sobriety is contengent on something else that I can't explain and it is happening here on SR and in this thread all the time...

plus I need single woman here....it's all about me you know Thats the real reason you and miss cola can't have a relationship in the first year
Old 12-06-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

I'm all ears wibby!!!!!!!! tell us tell us tell us!!!!:ghug
Old 12-06-2008, 07:52 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooo!

How we doing beautiful people of SR?

Honestly I go away for a few days and place falls to pieces!!!

Yeah I fooked up, drank last night (that sound in the background is LB jumping up and down in joy...) not a lot before 1's too many. Various reasons why, fact is it changes nothing. I'm not "trying to drink normally" not experimenting...... I'm an Alcoholic, I fall down I get back up. Nothing else.

I'm not thinking....well i drank last night so maybe I'm ok... fook off who am i fooling

Anyway, didn't want to lie to you all. I'm ok though, really.

I'm back tomorrow night so i'll keep you informed of my progress

Wibs

x
Old 12-06-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

:ghug wibs...your signature line says it all....glad you are not questioning your disease....
Old 12-06-2008, 08:09 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Exactly Nands

Nothing could be clearer in my mind.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Me neither. I'm a paid up member of the alkie/addict club! Have to be. If you keep doing something you very badly don't want to do, something has to be screwy, me thinks.

I'm Day 1 today, and under house arrest! I can't be allowed out. The people whose lodger I shagged have just invited me round again - they are really nice! But if I go, there will be drinking, so I have put it off for a few weekends, till I am a bit steadier.

I'm genuinely sorry you messed up Wibs (maybe). We're back together again anyway!
Old 12-06-2008, 09:12 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Me neither. I'm a paid up member of the alkie/addict club! Have to be. If you keep doing something you very badly don't want to do, something has to be screwy, me thinks.
wow lb...how true and how to the point....hope you don't mind if i borrow that thought....explains it all very well for me.

Maybe if your friends don't have a drinking problem themselves you could invite them to your house instead and serve non-alchoholic eggnogg...that stuff is good!

:ghug3

oooopsss...there went your head again!!!!
Old 12-06-2008, 09:15 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

lol! They are good peeps. Very laid back. They want me over to say thanx for taking their son with mine to the Slipknot concert.

And if I have to go to aa afterwards, I will be driving so that is a good reason to say why I don't want a drink.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:49 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Stoney taught us a new word.....

YOU ARE ALL THE SCRUMMIEST!
Old 12-06-2008, 10:32 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Just popped in :ghug got some decorations and lights but decided I WANT!! a white xmas tree this year so off out again till I find one.

Will be back with words of wisdom in a bit, well words anyway.

Smile x
Old 12-06-2008, 11:33 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Pixy = wish I had caught you sooner. Woolworths!! £14.00 for a 6ft white christmas tree. We just got one too. It looks lovely, with gold decorations. Everything is cut price there, for obvious but very sad reasons!
Old 12-06-2008, 12:18 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi classmates,
Finally trying to sit down for a longer update (excuse the stream of consciousness)... got back from my trip last night and found out this morning that my trip for next week is actually cancelled!!! So happy!!!

So the trip gave me some insight that I thought I would share. The first thing I noticed is that the "traveling" nature of the trip put me in "vacation" mode. Not only on the drinking side of things, but also with eating out, staying up late, wanting to relax and hang out when not working, etc. Kind of a total abandonment of routine and healthy habits. I know that my nature is to be "all or nothing", so it's hard for me to moderate (go figure!). Part of this was an increased desire to drink, since I was "on vacation" and was letting other things go. I want to think on this a little bit more, but I definitely see now that maintaining other healthy habits and having a routine is more important than I realized.

Another thing I realized is how much I give into the addict voice as a reaction to stress and anxiety. The first couple of nights I was there I definitely felt the pull to drink, but I was able to ignore it and read, do crossword puzzles, take a bath, etc, because I didn't have the normal home pressures around me, so wasn't as intensely anxious as I normally would be. Ended up just going to sleep at a normal hour and was fine. I know if I had been home and dealing with all the normal life stuff, I would have absolutely given in. It's like being away from all of it was a form of escape (like drinking usually is).

Where I got into trouble... one night we went out for a really nice, expensive dinner. This is another breeding ground for the addict voice. It kept telling me I was spending $40 on an entree, why wouldn't I have a drink with that? Seems silly not to, right? My coworker ordered a cosmo (note: one cosmo). Everybody else in this beautiful, well-dressed restaurant was enjoying an alcoholic beverage. Is it that big of a deal if I have one too? Wouldn't I look like a little girl if I ordered a coke? I'm sure you know where this went... had two glasses of wine with dinner, felt fine, did a little sightseeing. Went back to the hotel and ordered two more glasses from room service, which I pounded, felt great for about an hour, then fell asleep. Ordered two more glasses with dinner the next night but managed to stop there.

That's my story. I'm going to think about things I could do differently next time to avoid the same thing happening.