Notices

Class of November Part 2

Old 12-04-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
Timmy! 30 days is awsome!!!!!! You are an inspiration to me!

And each day will be a little better than the last in some way8
Thanks Nands. I don't want to be smug about it though.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:40 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

smugness is the new humble
Old 12-04-2008, 08:27 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Well done on the 30 days Timz mate.

Its what those 30 days can lead to thats important.

Like by tomorrow you'll be um .........................................31 days !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:30 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
Well done on the 30 days Timz mate.

Its what those 30 days can lead to thats important.

Like by tomorrow you'll be um .........................................31 days !!!!!!!!!

Good advice Fizz, was that estimate done with or without a calculator?
Old 12-04-2008, 08:34 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

+ 1
---

Nope, did it all by myself, here's my workings out if you don't believe me
Old 12-04-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Well done, you can have a lolipop.

Now then 2 acres? Nands wants to know what that is in feet. Didn't the Romans use cubits or something?
Old 12-04-2008, 09:03 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

and then maybe compare it to a football field....since i don't do square feet well....oh...my house is 600 sq feet....so how many houses would equal 2 acres????
Old 12-04-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I don't feel as smug about LB as i thought i would. Just feel a bit depressed now. We seem to be dropping like flies.

I'm away on business all weekend, can't say I'm looking forward to it really! Needed you lot to be up beat for me!!!!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

We are not dropping like flies wibbs! It is going to be ok...some times some of us get off to a rough start...but as long as we come back and try again...I think we all have the ability to get and stay sober. (not raggin on you wibs...just saying don't get all depresed about it if you can help it)

You guys wouldn't believe how many times I tried to quit....and just couldn't make it 2 hours. Went to meetings drunk for 9 mos. It isn't easy to get and stay sober, involves a lot of changing, but it isn't all such a desperatly horid thing you know.....

I've found out who I am and what I believe and how to live a good life...and fun too believe me...never laughed like this when I drank.

I just discovered I had this belief that didn't make since this morning...yeah...it's a little scarry...but it's fun too...felt like a real weight lifted off my shoulders...creates new opportunities in my life

When things get tough, we just hve to pull together...it is definately a we thing this getting sober, cant do it for each other...but what a difference the companionship makes!!!

did i go on just a little too long there...... :ghug
Old 12-04-2008, 09:45 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

LB's ears perk up - Wibbles going on business meetings in bars!!! Will I be in the lead again. Coz when you get back, cookie monster, I will be on ummmmm.... day 3!

Do flies drop? Do pigs sweat?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
LB's ears perk up - Wibbles going on business meetings in bars!!! Will I be in the lead again. Coz when you get back, cookie monster, I will be on ummmmm.... day 3!

Do flies drop? Do pigs sweat?
That's the way LB! Glad you're still around. I don't know, do pigs sweat? Suppose they do if they are chasing a burglar or something.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:54 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I think they are like dogs...they just slober alot
Old 12-04-2008, 02:52 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Night, night sweet people. See you tomorrow. Thank you all for being here for me today.

Be good Wibble on your weekend. Really!! Mum has spoken! And if you fck up, come back anyway. I do it all the time!
Old 12-04-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

nite guinifly.......have really nice dreams and we will see you up and early in the morning!!!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 295 (permalink)  
Administrator

Listen to Nands all of you - she's pretty sussed on this sobriety thing

and to all - whichever is more appropriate...

D
Old 12-04-2008, 03:45 PM
  # 296 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi everybody,
Still around, just not on very much due to business travel. I'm proud of you all, even those who are starting over (like I do two or three times a week).

Wibbs - good luck on your trip, it's been both good and bad for me! You're really strong right now though, I know you can hang in there.

Pixy - where are you, girl? Hope you'll let us know how you're doing soon! I'm going to send you a pm too .

Hugs to my classmates :ghug
Old 12-04-2008, 03:57 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

glad you checked in CG....seems to be key in this sobriety thing...now don't get carried away like me....checking in every 15 minites is just a tiny bit obsessive

We are all anxiously awaiting to hear from you about the good the bad and the ugly of your trip...and wibbles too....will give us something to think about when we go for a trip

I'm getting pretty worried about christmas...anyone else
Old 12-04-2008, 04:07 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  
getting there

Hahahha, actually when I posted you weren't here and the first thing I thought when I logged in was... where's nands??? she's always here!

I'll definitely update on the details of my trip. It's harder than I thought, but mostly because of my stupid addict mind than anything else! I'll be back in the beautiful northwest for the weekend then I'm off again for most of next week. Will be glad when it's all done!

I'm getting nervous about Christmas too. Family functions always stress me out, although we never have alcohol at them which is a good thing. I just get anxious over things I find out at these functions. And my birthday is on New Year's Eve - what a great combination for an alkie! That one's gonna be tough, but since it's one day at a time I don't have to worry about it now.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:12 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
Night, night sweet people. See you tomorrow. Thank you all for being here for me today.
Night God bless LB.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:55 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

HEY CG...my son's birthday is newyears eve too!!!!! He'll be 30 this year...are you twins???

well....i will be computerless chrismas eve and most of christmas day.....and out of town, with no time for meetings.....

mom is anti computer due to my dads love of them, so there is not computer or internet access at her house.

I won't drink, but I can get pretty wacko sober under family circumstances...we will all have to come up with a plan.