kissmeimamie...

I read your earlier post...and you are most welcome
to join us on this thread.

I have no experience with coming off Ultram/Tramidol
hoefully....other members will.

Hope you find the peace and joy of recovery
Old 11-13-2008, 04:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

oh no, I'm actually coming off Vics and Percs, just had a few tramadol to help ease the withdrawal.
Thank you all for welcoming me so openly!
Old 11-13-2008, 05:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Amie, it's a thread for keeping count of clean/sober time in the first two weeks after quitting whatever your drug of choice was. It's the time when your actual physical dependence is going away, and withdrawal can be rough, so it's a place for support in not picking up again in the first two weeks.

Old 11-14-2008, 06:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its day 7 for me and im feeling very hyper Im elated that Ive almost gone a week without alcohol but i think the mania is from the anti depressents ive been taking for the last few months. I think the week without alcohol has reallly let them kick in, im not entirely sure i like it. While its nice to feel happy I dont trust the feeling and I dont want to get ahead of myself. At least I havent started to feel that I dont need to totally abstain (yet) dont know how Im going to deal with that when it happens. x
Old 11-14-2008, 06:50 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It is 11 for me, it is a tough road, staying dry with all the life stuff attacking from all directions. I know it will get better the longer I stay sober and keep going to AA and reading the blogs here. So glad to have all of you.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me. Feeling relief. Still a little shaky and have a huge headache, but this will pass.

Good job everyone!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

:ghug

Hi Eclipse - Congratulations on Day 3. Yes Day 3 sucks! You have it right in that it will pass and it will get better if you hang on. Yes I know it is easier said then done. But you can do it. You know deep inside yourself you can.
Lot's of people here to help you through. Do not pick up today. Take good care of yourself, be gentle and even though it might be slowly the hours will pass and tomorrow will come. That will be one day closer to feeling better.
I'm thinking of you.

SV - You are doing more then ok, in my book. Wow stopping smoking at the same time. I can see the benefits in that big time. I thought about it in my first few days sober, but for me there was just no way. I did have to give up coffee though. Thought I was gonna shake rattle and roll forever when I drank a cup. Keep it up.

Pam - 11 days is awesome. I know what you mean about life just continuing on as it usually is (throwing more curveballs then I can count) while trying so hard to stay sober. Sheesh...doesn't anybody know what we are trying to accomplish here! LOL!

allport - Congratulations on your 7 days. Hope you let yourself enjoy the good feelings you have about your accomplishment (it is huge). Maybe just
for today revel in it. We don't know what tomorrow might bring, so even though it's tough try not to worry about it.

Hi kissmeimamie - Welcome to this thread. Least explained it well. Hope you keep coming back here and posting. Looking forward to getting to know you better. This thread really helped me make it through my first two weeks. That is why I keep coming back here. 32 days for me. Wouldn't have been able to do it without the people here.
Old 11-14-2008, 09:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

day 2! coming off of opiates (pills) is actually a lot easier than coming off of heroin, so I'm not doing as bad as I feared I would. Some tummy issues (yuck!), headache, chills...general malaise...
but so far so good!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congats to you!

Wanted to tell you that if that is you in your avatar, you really are a beautiful woman. Now here is to having our insides match our outsides, so to speak. Wouldn't that be just wonderful!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Two weeks on the D O T!
Old 11-14-2008, 09:43 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

woo Hoo doorknob! Excellent. I have enjoyed reading your posts in the thread that you started. Keep it up!
Old 11-14-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Magic! Today is my day off and normally I would talk myself into the wine around 2:00. But I am being pretty productive which doesn't happen when I drink...I am even working up a sweat cleaning house and doing laundry. Helps with the anxiety.

Have a great day and keep up the good work everyone!
Old 11-14-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

hahaha,,now mtnmagic when i read what you said made me laugh...geez..I do expect people to see what I am doing and say..wow Pam..you go girl..and above all tip toe around me...goodness..i gotta think on this...I amstill laughing as I do feel like people close to me should stop everything and concentrate on what I am doing.....wake up call..
Old 11-14-2008, 10:57 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am on day 9 (well going on day 10 now) of no weed. It has been a major roller coaster ride from hell for me at times. At times I am elated about it all and at other times just downright scared - of all sorts of things - will I be able to keep this up? Will I be really better off or just more of a neurotic mess without dope? I hope I can hang in there at least 30 days to find out. Thanks for letting me share that.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:00 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pam08 View Post
hahaha,,now mtnmagic when i read what you said made me laugh...geez..I do expect people to see what I am doing and say..wow Pam..you go girl..and above all tip toe around me...goodness..i gotta think on this...I amstill laughing as I do feel like people close to me should stop everything and concentrate on what I am doing.....wake up call..
I know Pam. Boy don't I know. Just one more way WE all understand each other and those around us wonder if we've really gone nuts now, huh?

Hi Catswalk and welcome. Day almost eleven is great. That's why this thread can be so helpful. We've all been on the huge roller coaster ride
together. I'm glad you are going to give yourself 30 days to evaluate how you feel. Give yourself half a chance and you will see improvement in how you feel. It seems to change just a little bit at a time. Sometimes I think nothing is changing at all. Mush brain I mutter. Then a couple of days go
by, I compare and see I really am better. Keep posting here, keep reading.
Lots of great support.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:16 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mtnmagic View Post
Give yourself half a chance and you will see improvement in how you feel. It seems to change just a little bit at a time. Sometimes I think nothing is changing at all. Mush brain I mutter. Then a couple of days go by, I compare and see I really am better. Keep posting here, keep reading. Lots of great support.
Thank you mtnmagic! I will take your word for it. Tonight I am feeling prety clear and relaxed after some meditation finally. Deep breathing seems to be helping. A little bit at a time....I can wait that out.
Old 11-15-2008, 12:27 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Day 8 today and i woke up feeling very grumpy, Ive got nothing to do today. I would like to feel good about my first week but I cant help thinking that its not exactly a lifechanging amount of time. Low self esteem and self hatred are a pain in the backside. I am going to try and be positive so I am grateful that I feel physically better, my mind is clearer and I have rediscovered the joy of going to and sleeping in a bed rather than sleeping wherever I pass out. I wish a lovely and successful weekend to all on the thread. x