Notices

For Those with Less than 2 Weeks Sober Part 6

Old 11-15-2008, 03:36 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome Cat...

Sounds like you are determined and that's great!
Old 11-15-2008, 03:50 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all of the new winners
who are continuing to move forward!

One of the first treats I gave myself in sobriety
was sprucing up my outside to match the new me.

I had my hair cut and colored red...just because it's
my favorite color. I gave myself a pedicure + manicure.
When I went to meetings or where ever...I wore bright
clothes...make up...jewelery and perfume.

All these external enhancements made me feel positive

Let's all stay clean and sober ..Just For Today!
Old 11-15-2008, 05:07 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Just starting out...

Day five, and conquered the Friday hurdle.

I'm surprised at the lack of anxiety I have when waking up. While drinking, I'd wake up in a panic more often than not about some trivial little thing at work that really wasn't all that big of a deal more often than not. I can't help but think that has a lot to do with the way that alcohol messes with your brain.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:21 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Way to go everyone on your clean and sober time! One day at a time really works!

Hugs for all!

:ghug
Old 11-15-2008, 09:58 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

hello 2weeks and under thread\

way to go everyone on your time. we can do this. we never have to use or drink again.

my goal is to stay clean and be clean today. just for today.

have a wonderful weekend everyone
Old 11-15-2008, 04:47 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

day 7

yeah, I have made it a week, (again) hopefully I can make it this time!
I ended up getting the flu and getting very sick on day 5 so that was not fun, but it is going around here. I am looking forward to feeling much better next week I hope. Lots of stress in my life and I am having a hard time coping.:ghug2:praying
Old 11-15-2008, 04:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

finishing day 3!!! Doin' alright I suppose..it's getting better each day.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:06 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Big hugs for those piling up positives one day at a time! You inspire me to stay sober.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey CatsWings - Sorry I called you CatsWalk in an early post. I tell you sometimes my mind is absolute mush. I think I'm doing better then blam..can't even read right.

Congratulations bumble - Day 5 is awesome. So glad the anxiety is gone for you. That is an awful feeling. I was always in a state of panic when I was drinking. My nerves were fried. This is a great place. Hope to get to know you better.

RubyCanoe - A week is great. Hope you are feeling better. Hugs to you.

Day three is down kissmeimamie - You are doing it! Good for you! Hope you have a restful night with no headaches.

Hey least - Wanted to give you well wishes for your upcoming trip.

I keep coming here, because I was exactly where you all are just a few short days ago. I got through it those very, very early days with a lot of support.
I want to offer what little I can, and never forget that I do not want to go back to Day 1 ever again.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:25 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Good morning, hope everyone had, or is having, a restful night. Its day nine for me and although I feel good and have had a great nights sleep yesterday was a bit of a strange day. I started off well by doing some work and finally finishing the assignment Ive been working on, then I spent about eight hours playing on the computer which is a bad sign, anyway I will try and get out of the house today and let the fresh air blow the cobwebs away. Had a really vivid drinking dream last night Id forgotten about them and when I woke up, for a few seconds I was convinced Id really had a drink! Why do our brains do this to us?
Old 11-16-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I hate those dreams!
Old 11-16-2008, 09:06 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Hi Allport - Excellent job on day nine. Those drinking dreams are terrible aren't they? I wake up feeling panic when I have them. I have to ask
myself if I really drank before I even realize it is a dream. I dunno why, but I have told myself maybe it's my mind's way of releasing compulsion in a safe way. I'm not going to sleep walk and go buy alcohol and I don't keep it in the house. Don't know if this is true or not, but it makes me feel better about the situation. Hope you get out and about today.

Amie - Good one for you. Day 4 right? Please keep it up, no matter how hard it is. I remember Day 4 for myself and it wasn't easy at all. Do what ever it takes and it will be behind you. You are awesome.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:52 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

day 10 today, into double figures and feeling terrible, not because of sobriety, Ive got one of those colds that doesnt want to let go, my face hurts my back hurts and I feel like Ive got a golf ball in my throat. I dont know if its anything to do with stopping drinking but since I feel so bad I havent even been tempted, theres always a silver lining if you know where to look, lol.
Old 11-17-2008, 02:26 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Please can I come back to this thread? After 26 sober days, I made the mistake of taking a drink on Saturday with disastrous consequences.

It reminded me that I cannot control it. I crawled out of bed at 5 o'clock on Sunday afternoon, feeling terrible - it was already dark outside, it was such a waste of a day of life.

I'm trying not to get overwhelmed with despair. Turning into an alcoholic was a slow, gradual "becoming", and my recovery and healing may also be a slow, gradual process, with lots of victories but occasional defeats. I know that if I keep trying I will win, eventually, in the end.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

of course you can come back paddybear! dont be silly....you come back always , no matter what

i've read therough the weekends posts and it's great to read of the sucesses. you too paddy!, you sucessfully started day 1 on sunday.

I made it through some difficulty yesterday. I received a text message from a dealer offering free crack and it sent me into the squirrel cage of my thoughts for a bit. i erased the text message. but that wasn't good enough so i called an AA friend and had to leave a message. i needed more help and i called another AA friend and he answered. then the other one called me back after that. by the time I was done I was almost at my destination.
then by the time i got to my destination, as I look back now, My thoughts and urges never re-appeared for the rest of the day.

that's one difference in my recovery now. Somehow I am learning, because of doing or practicing, I am learning how to reach out for help as soon as the first throughts of using surface. I try to squelch it immediately. i call someone. or i go to a meeting.

so it's monday and the week has started. I don't really know how many days me, or mountianmagic have!, but we are doing it together (with the same clean date ), and in fact ALL of us are doing it together today.

for all of sobriety only counts in today, and in the moment. it's jnot something we can store in the bank really. oh it helps our confidence as we compile days, and it helps our brains and spirit as we Come to, but our sobriety only exists within the day, within this breath we are now breathing....
Old 11-17-2008, 03:30 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

PB....I was in AA and trying hard too....however
I was there 4 years before I actually quit drinking.

But..I did and so will you.

I used to say I was doing a recovery dance
2 Steps up...1 back...and slide

Good to see you are making a fresh start..
Old 11-17-2008, 03:41 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

That's a shame allport...Gentle
Colds are just plain miserable

Day 10 is super!
Old 11-17-2008, 03:44 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

ksplash5....powerful share on how to work through
difficult situations. Thanks!
:Well done...
Old 11-17-2008, 03:49 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

PB just start over - 24 hours can start at any time of the day. Get to a meeting if you can for some support as well as SR.
Don't leave before the Miracle Happens
:ghug
Old 11-17-2008, 03:56 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Good to see you shineing on espresso

Let's both enjoy another day of victory