Notices

For Those with Less than 2 Weeks Sober Part 6

Old 12-09-2008, 08:09 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Sicilia~ I'm sorry you had such a bad day:ghug3 The only suggestion I would have about he Ex is to not answer the phone next time. I know, easier said than done, but remember how you feel right now before you answer!

Go take a nice hot shower and stay there until the hot water runs out. It will help relax your muscles and soothe you as well. Drink some hot chocolate if you like it and maybe put on a movie or Journal out your feelings, that helps me a lot.

Try to relax Sweetie and know you can get through this~ Stay Strong~
Old 12-09-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
new and scared. :(

Thanks so much Mari for responding back...you are totally right. I did try to make some tea but that just isn't cutting it.

well, no matter how crappy i feel i just keep telling myself that at least i am FEELING and i am sober, i will take that over alcohol any day.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:24 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm proud of you! You went thru a unpleasant
situation and once again...you won over alcohol!

Fie on all ex's....:brick
Old 12-09-2008, 11:31 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by sicilia1414 View Post
Hi all,

I had a horrible day today, sorry to be so depressing. I got a call from my ex and got into a huge fight with him. Normally I would go straight to the kitchen to make a drink but I didn't. My head is throbbing from crying, and I feel like crap. When i argue with him, my body starts shaking and my adrenelin starts pumping and for years alcohol was the only thing that would calm me down. It sucks to have to deal with these emotions and figure out a way to calm yourself down. Time to get creative I guess....
I'm going through that on a daily basis. I think this would be easier if I was straight up single.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:30 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Can I join this group?
I am on Day 8 today - but it's 9:30pm & I am not tempted to drink (was during day - but fine now) so I know I am all lined up & ready to hit Day 9.

Sicilia - all you need to focus on right now is YOU! Hug yourself, and love yourself & don't let anything and anyone jeapordise (sp?) your sobriety!
I know it's hard - I am fighting with my partner to the point where he is sleeping over a friends house tonight instead of coming home tonight (I asked him to). But I will not let it rock me.

p.s. what do we all do when we hit 2 weeks? Find a new thread? Lol!
Old 12-10-2008, 06:40 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been around lately, I've been so busy with school and work. I've had a few days of feeling really on edge and I've been very moody.

Last night I went to the post office to mail a couple of boxes off for a soldier over seas and I had a run in with someone there. This lady told me that I had to fill out these stickers, so I had to go to the back counter and wait in line again when she told me that I could come back up there. Well, this guy in line try to barge in and I said, "Well F... " He goes, "Well don't go nuts on us." I told him to, "F off" I was so not in the mood for anyones crap. I can't believe I actually said that to this guy.. I was just ticked. He said nothing in return. So I guess I went postal in the post office.

I also have been questioning whether I'm an alcoholic or not. I think I spoke too soon, and I'm feeling very irritable about this whole thing. I never used to drink heavy and the last year or two I have been. I've been so stressed out with school and work. I don't know. I'm just being honest here.

Nearly a month Sober..
Old 12-10-2008, 07:02 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

For me, I knew I was an alcoholic, but even if I didn't choose that label I'd still want to stop drinking just because of how much worse alcohol was making my life. So you may be, or not be an alcoholic, but if cutting alcohol out of your life is an improvement then more power to ya!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:18 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

November77........I did a lot of that - and still am - oh I am not a bloody alcoholic this is ridiculous why am I doing this etc - but my pure motive is that "I am not an alcoholic so give me a dam drink" Lol - sounds silly but it's the truth.
I mean I have never ever drank in the morning so I think does that not make me an alcoholic? But I am 110% a binge drinker with an alcohol problem? Same thing I spose? I don't know enough about it all yet to know.

The whole post office thing, we all do things we regret .....I have snapped at my son etc. I did today and he was crying in his room & I felt like the worst person in the world!
Old 12-10-2008, 08:07 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Ending the Old Me.

Originally Posted by Tryingto View Post
November77........I did a lot of that - and still am - oh I am not a bloody alcoholic this is ridiculous why am I doing this etc - but my pure motive is that "I am not an alcoholic so give me a dam drink" Lol - sounds silly but it's the truth.
I mean I have never ever drank in the morning so I think does that not make me an alcoholic? But I am 110% a binge drinker with an alcohol problem? Same thing I spose? I don't know enough about it all yet to know.
I did the same thing for years and even more so for the past year since I first found SR and started this thread. I just couldn't get past the whole "I'm an Alcoholic" thing. I went back and forth so many times it's not funny. I didn't drink everyday, could do 7 days, 2 wks sober no problem, right?
Wrong - my problem is that when I do drink, I am completely powerless.

Just keep moving forward. We all worried about our drinking enough to lead us here, so theres your first indication that something is very wrong. I hope none of you have to go through another year like I did, fighting it tooth and nail, the denial, trial and errors of trying to prove you don't have a problem or controlling your drinking. It's just not worth it, being sober is so much better.

I slept well last night, feel good this morning and have a very busy day scheduled.

I'm running late for work but I'll check in tonight. I hope you all have a great sober day.
Old 12-10-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

Just checking in on day 3.

Great job everyone. Well done Sicilia for not picking up after such a difficult day.

Good for you, November, for not drinking after that guy was so awful at the post office. :ghug3

And thanks Omega Man, for starting this thread! This place (and the wonderful people here) really encourages me to keep going.

Congrats, everyone!
Old 12-10-2008, 09:40 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Tryingto...good to see you here with us

Let's all continue to stay in focus and Win!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:20 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sicilia1414 View Post
Hi all,

I had a horrible day today, sorry to be so depressing. I got a call from my ex and got into a huge fight with him. Normally I would go straight to the kitchen to make a drink but I didn't. My head is throbbing from crying, and I feel like crap. When i argue with him, my body starts shaking and my adrenelin starts pumping and for years alcohol was the only thing that would calm me down. It sucks to have to deal with these emotions and figure out a way to calm yourself down. Time to get creative I guess....
Man, can I relate to this post. Every time I deal with my daughter's father I have an anxiety attack and a glass of wine or five always helps. Or maybe it doesn't. Maybe I just make excuses for wanting to drink.

Maybe you should change your number so he get sthe message you don't want to talk to him, if you really don't. I wish I could put my ex behind me for good, but we share a child so, I'm stuck all the bad memories. Of course she looks just like him.

I try focusing on all the good things in my life (and not just before deciding to get sober) because it's so easy to focus on the negative. My daughter is the best thing that ever happened to me, despite her super A-hole father, which is why I am here - for her. You are a beautiful girl and hopefully have much more going for you than just your pretty face. I hope you can get through this.

Good luck!
Old 12-10-2008, 10:23 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Also, I am on day three and feel great. I can't wait until I can say it's been a month. I feel really empowered for some reason.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

LorelaiNYC - I have to deal with my sons father as well (he is not my partner) so I know how hard it can be after a blow out. I am not really happy with him at the moment so I did just that, didn't pick up my phone and side stepped this issue. It's just because when he has him (son) - he still goes to ALL his social commitments but gives son to grandparents. Part of me doesn't mind, my son loves his grandparents. But I get annoyed that he (ex) has an escape route.
It is something I need to get over.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:32 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

LorelaiNYC
....Welcome!

Way to go on your 3 days..
Old 12-10-2008, 11:09 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  

:ghug2 everyone, keep going one day at a time!!
Old 12-11-2008, 02:30 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Steamvessel I really like your post. I love the idea about taking only half your brain (or energy) to deal with the problems while using the better half to keep yourself well. Ingenious.

Mari, Sicilia and November, you go girls. I'm so pleased you are doing so well. All newcomers, all my love and support to you.

I have bad news. I sustained the whole time with my friends who visited, I'm talking nightclubs, indulgence in other substances, pubs, bands, dinner parties, the whole bit and then on Monday night without warning, I drank. I got back on track on Tuesday night, but then dismally, more disaster Wednesday night. Tomorrow is day 1. Ouch. I'm hurting. I made 13 days. So close. Ugh.

I love you all and wish you all so well. I feel so crappy. I have never felt so good as those 13 days. I just don't know what happened.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:48 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Day 4 today. I feel as though I'm going through a painful "divorce" from alcohol.

All the relapses I've had feel like attempts to "get back together" with alcohol, to see if "things will be different this time". But each time I find that alcohol hasn't changed - it just keeps beating me up really badly.

The only hope for healing for me is complete separation from alcohol - my "ex-partner" alcohol can go off on its road, and I have to go off on a completely different road in the opposite direction.

One door closes, but another opens. I'm finding this "divorce" from drink painful, but I'm hoping to find eventual relief and recuperation by staying away from it, one day at a time.
Old 12-11-2008, 02:50 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Hi Chook

Big hugs to you
Old 12-11-2008, 03:05 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Definition of Insanity - doing the same thing over again and expecting a different result.
:ghug2