Notices

Bottoms Part 101

Old 11-07-2008, 11:33 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
Paul - I am very sorry to hear about your headaches. I'm glad you're willing to go private and pay for the scan - if nothing else, hopefully it will give you peace of mind. When I experience clusters of headaches, I begin to think I have a tumour - and I'm being serious. I'm glad you're sober and paying attention to the messages your body is giving you.

Nands - big hugs coming your way.

I'm eating a chicken schwarma (?) and lentil and curry rice I got on my break. It's really really good.

Love you guys!
I joke about mine being a tumor but there is an element of truth behind that, I do worry about it. It would be good just to have something serious like that ruled out.

I am about to have chicken with lentil curry and rice!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:42 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Tumours or any pressure in the brain will almost always makes you vomit, Stone. I had brain swelling twice from taking too much e and apart from my exploding head, I couldn't take two steps without being sick.

Ever since than I have had migraines. My vision goes and sometimes I get paralysed down half my body - apparently mild because they don't go on for days, just hours.

Cluster headaches are also called suicide headaches coz they are so painful, but again, nothing really wrong with you. It's all very frustrating!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
Tumours or any pressure in the brain will almost always makes you vomit, Stone. I had brain swelling twice from taking too much e and apart from my exploding head, I couldn't take two steps without being sick.

Ever since than I have had migraines. My vision goes and sometimes I get paralysed down half my body - apparently mild because they don't go on for days, just hours.

Cluster headaches are also called suicide headaches coz they are so painful, but again, nothing really wrong with you. It's all very frustrating!
Yea, mine are probably cluster headaches. (or maybe not since I just looked them up! lol)

True about the tumors too.

Wow, you get paralysed down half your body? That must be awful!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

It was terrifying the first time. Convinced myself I'd had a stroke! Apparently quite rare, but actually a symptom of migraine. It doesn't too long, and sometimes I am just seriously unco-ordinated.

Got some kick a$$ pills from the doctor though, £8.00 for two, but they work! Work on the serotonin levels in your brain, not painkillers at all.

I hope you work it out Stone. And the exhaustion. Have you tried taking iron. I have to take those too, for anaemia. I get so tired, right into my bones, when I get anaemic. Like it's an effort even to breathe.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:57 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I hope you work it out Stone. And the exhaustion. Have you tried taking iron. I have to take those too, for anaemia. I get so tired, right into my bones, when I get anaemic. Like it's an effort even to breathe.
I added iron, B12 and folate onto my blood test today, lol.

The boxes weren't crossed for them so I did it myself.

I mentioned about MCH earlier in the thread though...you musn't have read it....
lol
Old 11-07-2008, 12:05 PM
  # 126 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I did, I did!!! I thought you said it meant you had enlarged red blood cells - don't know what that means. Mine are small and deformed - poor little fings! A bit like my brain, lol!
Old 11-07-2008, 12:06 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Frst, in early recovery my self-esteem was pretty well destroyed after my second divorce. And I have to be honest and admit that I went into AA looking for a woman to fix me up again. Glad none of them were willing!

What helped me more than anything was attending codependency meetings in my third year of sobriety. That program encouraged me to work on my behaviors and myself, to this day it allows me to work on healthy relationships and the belief that I'm worth loving and I'm capable of giving love in a healthy manner too.

Here's one of my morning meditations, it's perfect for the topic........

Friday, November 7, 2008
You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Relationships

There is a gift for us in each relationship that comes our way.

Sometimes the gift is a behavior we're learning to acquire: detachment, self esteem, becoming confident enough to set a boundary, or owning our power in another way.

Some relationships trigger healing in us - healing from issues of the past or an issue we're facing today.

Sometimes we find ourselves learning the most important lessons from the people we least expect to help us. Relationships may teach us about loving ourselves or someone else. Or maybe we'll learn to let others love us.

Sometimes, we aren't certain what lesson we're learning, especially while we're in the midst of the process. But we can trust that the lesson and the gift are there. We don't have to control this process. We'll understand, when it's time. We can also trust that the gift is precisely what we need.

Today, I'll be grateful for all my relationships. I will open myself to the lesson and the gift from each person in my life. I will trust that I, too, am a gift in the other people's lives.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation. All rights reserved.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I did, I did!!! I thought you said it meant you had enlarged red blood cells - don't know what that means. Mine are small and deformed - poor little fings! A bit like my brain, lol!
It is a form of anemia.

Caused by lack of B12, folic acid OR alcohol abuse.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:42 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  
IO Storm

frst..

I am 12 years older than you...

Last BF of 11 years was one year older than you... *Lol*

But..all kidding aside..

"What you respect, you will attract"

This can be good..or negative. It all depends. What is it that you really

want? Do you know?

My sponsor told me..she sat down and wrote a letter to her HP...

made specific list of attributes she would (like) to have in man.

A guy in recovery..

An attentive listener, kind, fair, handsome (of course)..and so on.

On day..there he was..attentively listening to someone else in a

meeting.. she didn't know it..but he found out who she was.

He had his eye on her...chased her down in a mall..

They've been married 22 years.

He has 26 years sobriety..she..24.

This is an inspiration to me anyway...

Hugs
Old 11-07-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Stoney.. :ghug3:

Ah sweets..prayers for the headaches..hun.

I used to suffer from those....
Old 11-07-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

One other thought frst. There's a book called Life Lessons by Elisabeth Kubler-Ross, who also co-wrote On Death And Dying. The whole book is very good, but I constantly go back and read the chapter on Relationships. Each time I read it my humility and gratitude grows for every relationship I have in my life, whether they're strong or seem small and insignificant.

Buy the book or check it out at a library. I'd be interested to hear what you think.
Old 11-07-2008, 12:49 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by IO Storm View Post
Stoney.. :ghug3:

Ah sweets..prayers for the headaches..hun.

I used to suffer from those....
Thanks.

Hi Sher. :ghug3
Old 11-07-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

I just put someone on "ignore".
Old 11-07-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Who? Why? Was it me?????
Old 11-07-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Stone (what did your Doc say - did you post what he said?), Nands, Storm BIG HUGS :ghug

Gonna have to log off folks....too slow..must be a lot of traffic somewhere. It often happens at about 4pm EST (9pm UK) at the weekends...Shucks It's really irritating as I wanted to read all the new posts.

If anyone wants to see some lovely photos of the Obama family whilst they waited to see if he'd been elected President, the link is:
Flickr: Barack Obama's Photostream
Old 11-07-2008, 01:03 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You're not allowed to ignore me stone. Don't you know it's all about me?

Great share Sher

Earlier this year, when I started dating my fiance again, I sat down with her sponsor and we did a 4th and 5th Step on relationships.

Man, did that feel good. And it did a great job of weeding out all my sick beliefs about why I was worthless and unloveable.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:13 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Nah, Im not really beating myself up or at least not today. I do know I need to love myself first. I just had a nice conversation with a "missed connection" that I met a little over a year ago. The self confidence and esteem does seem to fluctuate but she managed to get them both going well.....among other things.
We may get together for the weekend.....whooo hooo....I dont think so. I still have morals and Im still rather shy.

Old 11-07-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

It was no-one on this thread BTW. LOL

Es, Doc hasn't said anything yet, I wont get the results for a week.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:24 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

You did a 4th and 5th step with Her sponsor ??
Old 11-07-2008, 01:26 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  
IO Storm

:codiepolice

*Lol*

That means I want to know..but I don't want to know...