Notices

Bottoms Part 101

Old 11-07-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

Wait until tomorrow - or the day after - that's when the stiffness should really kick in! Nice knowin ya Tanho!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:19 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
No pain no gain tanya!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:20 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

WOW.....showing number 3 in 10 days!!!!!!

Do you think thats a good sign????

Gotta go home and clean AGAIN over lunch!!!!!

I am so happy right now
Old 11-07-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

Explain windex.

Not scared away at all Ananda, just hadn't been on all week and thought maybe there was a smackdown on thread hopping or something. :wtf2 I'm easily confused.

I could not be more relieved it's Friday, but this weekend is going to be a whirlwind too.

I think I feel a sick day coming on on Monday or Tuesday.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:08 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Hi guys. Haven't been on here in a couple of days. Just so everyone knows, I've been really busy with getting ready for the holidays. I start early. Got started Christmas shopping,working on Christmas crafts, opening all my Christmas files on the computer, along with my other things i have to do in life. House cleaning, recovery, other things on the computer. So i won't be on here as much the next few weeks. It's really hard trying to keep up with everything and I don't want to stress myself out.

Just tried to put a picture on here for the craft I'm working on. Sheeh, what am I doing wrong. I'm making beaded banners for any one that knows what they are.

well, take care everyone.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:29 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
let it grow!

uh oh! people talkin' about christmas!
Old 11-07-2008, 09:31 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm more excited about THanksgiving as my daughter and son in law have bought me a ticket to go spend Tgiving week with them and my two grandsons AND her in-laws who I dearly love!

Can't wait!!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:29 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Christmas!? Are you ever organised! Do you have Christmas stockings to put at the end of the bed in the States?

I have the most fun filling those for the kids, buying all sorts of little things. And it stops them waking you up at daft-o-clock on Christmas morning too!

There is no way I could squeeze Thanksgiving in too!
Old 11-07-2008, 10:50 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  

i feel like my life is a shambles right now...I am just going crazy....everyone just give me big hugs and let me hold on to you...but i have to do action action action before things go completely to crp on me....post later
Old 11-07-2008, 11:03 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
As many as you need ananda
  # 111 (permalink)  

I had headaches every day for 3 months at the beginning of the year frst and I had been sober for 6 months when they started. These feel just the same. I then had 7 months when they just went away, they came back a month ago...but this time they have come along with exhaustion too.

Ro, when I last had a blood test I was slightly high on the MCH test which means enlarged red blood cells, that might have something to do with the exhaustion....

The headaches are a law unto themselves and are crippling, I have had stress headaches etc, these are more painful than the 'usual' headaches I have had and they are nearly daily.
They do worry me, this time around if my Doctor wont give me a brain scan (like he wouldn't last time), I am going private and paying for it.

Nands.
  # 112 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

********{NANDS}}}}}

sounds like the house is showing well
got any feedback yet ?

Stone - have you had your eyes checked ? I once wore glasses because I was getting headaches from trying to focus on a chalkboard that was too far away and the teacher couldnt write for Sh*t !
Just a thought.....didnt you say you wear glasses presently ?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Maybe this is for a new thread....

The topics at my meetings and in the NA Just For Today have been love lately.
This is a very hard subject for me to discuss and probably why I have trouble in relationships that dont reciprocate the love I feel I am giving or am trying to give. I find it very scary to approach someone of the opposite sex, especially if I find them attractive. Its like I am not worthy of talking to them or I fear being rejected from the get go. Whether is is with family, friends or a significant other. Is there any light reading out there on these subjects. Im kind of an idiot and have no attention span due to my past and present issues. I would even like to discuss it, take little quotes, suggestions feedback and the like because Im new to the whole thing even though I have been engaged twice and usually my health or drinking/drugging (sometimes equaled to theirs) has been an issue, but not the only one.

New post going up too....I figured you folks are the closest I have to anonymous friends so I would ask here first.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2008, 11:12 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by frstnm View Post
Stone - have you had your eyes checked ? I once wore glasses because I was getting headaches from trying to focus on a chalkboard that was too far away and the teacher couldnt write for Sh*t !
Just a thought.....didnt you say you wear glasses presently ?
I am wearing the same glasses that I wore before the 3 months of headaches, during the 7 months of no headaches and now the headaches have started again.

If it was the glasses then how could I have had 7 months of no headaches?
Old 11-07-2008, 11:17 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by frstnm View Post
I find it very scary to approach someone of the opposite sex, especially if I find them attractive. Its like I am not worthy of talking to them or I fear being rejected from the get go.
That sounds like a self-esteem issue more than anything Scott.

Love? Wow, ask an easy question why don't ya!

Cliches are often true, lol. Like trying to love yourself first...I know it is cheesy but I think there is some truth to it.

I can't think of any reading material I could recommend.

I think we are all just making it up as we go along when it comes to love and relationships.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:21 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Do you take anything for the headaches, Stone? Just curious. Codeine is in a lot of the stronger painkillers and it causes headaches when it wears off.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  

I think trust is my main problem in relationships...I have 'trust issues'.

This probably includes all types of relationships.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:23 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  

one of my many things today...brother may be going to treatment tomarrow...possible abuse of his codine for pain

things are just crazy...6 phone calls today just about that whole thing...
Old 11-07-2008, 11:24 AM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
Do you take anything for the headaches, Stone? Just curious. Codeine is in a lot of the stronger painkillers and it causes headaches when it wears off.
I usually take ibuprofen or sometimes nothing at all as lying in a dark room/sleep is the only thing that helps the pain.

I know about the codeine thing, I learned the hard way when I had toothache and was making it worse with codeine!
Old 11-07-2008, 11:27 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  

Barb, I'm impressed with your commitment to Christmas! I usually shop a week before the holidays but I went to the mall today with a co-worker and actually bought christmas presents for my daughter! It feels good.

Frst - what Stone said about loving yourself first - I believe to be true. I find self-confidence in a man sexy, but I also really admire a man who can be vulnerable and admit that he's shy and having difficulty approaching someone. Don't be too hard on yourself - it sounds like you have a lot to offer the right person.

Paul - I am very sorry to hear about your headaches. I'm glad you're willing to go private and pay for the scan - if nothing else, hopefully it will give you peace of mind. When I experience clusters of headaches, I begin to think I have a tumour - and I'm being serious. I'm glad you're sober and paying attention to the messages your body is giving you.

Nands - big hugs coming your way.

I'm eating a chicken schwarma (?) and lentil and curry rice I got on my break. It's really really good.

Love you guys!