Notices

Class of November

Old 11-11-2008, 04:42 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Good Morning Class! :)

(((pixie)))...What's going on, my friend? I feel connected to you and we've only known each for a very short time. I care and I want to help with whatever you are going through. Please stick around...I believe these feelings will pass...push through them...you can do it! :) Feel free to PM me anytime!
Old 11-11-2008, 07:25 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

Day 1 again for me. My problem is stopping at the store "to pick up something for dinner" and then buy the wine. I actually walked up and down the wine aisle and talked myself out of it (wondered what I looked like arguing with myself), I got up to the check out stand and the lady in front of me had a bunch of groceries. It was just enough time for me to start thinking (obsessing) about it and before you knew it I was back at the wine aisle...D*mn.

I can honestly say that it didn't even sound good to me. And I was hungry...guess that's were HALT comes in. I bought some crackers and cheese and ate those and actually starting feeling better, but by then it was too late....drank the whole bottle.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:06 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Hey Pixie....I feel that way on and off at SR, and for me the important thing is to keep going through the posting motions even when I feel like I'm not connecting....the connected feeling does come back, and I think a little stronger each time in some ways.

The same thing happens in my AA meetings.

So I post even when i'm pouty and feeling alone in the crowd...and I go to certain AA meetings regardless of whether or not I think everyone is full of crap and don't like me at certain times.

For the most part I like sobriety over all....but there are many times that I suffer from that diconected feeling. It's something that I know has an underlying cause that has to be delt with, but not today....it is future work to do.

I really do believe that slow and steady wins the race!

And I really believe that alchoholics recover together and never alone :ghug
Old 11-11-2008, 05:13 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
getting there

Hi everyone,
Just sitting down to another day zero . I was feeling strong on day 4 until I had this UNBELIEVABLE craving that lasted all day yesterday, literally from the time I woke up (I almost called in sick to work so I could start drinking at 7am, but didn't). I came home, exercised, read, played an online game, it still wouldn't go away. It was like someone was almost physically pulling me toward the convenience store. I fought it until about 8:30 then gave in, which was so stupid because it was only another hour or so before I could have just gone to bed. Of course I started in with "oh I'm starting late I'll only have a glass", but ended up finishing the 3+ glasses in one of those (very classy) Vendange boxes in about an hour. Naturally felt awful all day, but still stopped at the store on the way home. Sometimes I think I'm becoming a hopeless case.

Pixy - I know what you mean, there's been a vibe around here lately. I'm just trying to stick to posting and reading a couple of threads so I don't get overwhelmed. How are you doing??

Eclipse - I can so relate to everything you said. I can totally talk myself out of it only to completely cave in just minutes later.

Melissa, Ananda, TS, LB, Least, and everyone else I forgot - good work and thanks for checking in!

:ghug3
Old 11-11-2008, 05:30 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Eclipse, Colagirl - you are NOT hopeless. I felt that way too, but i wasn't hopeless. Dust yourselves off, learn from it, and keep on truckin'.:ghug3 You're not a failure unless you stop trying.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:07 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Colagirl looks like you, Eclipse and me are all back on day 1.

I'm fed up and off to work. Catch you all later today x
Old 11-12-2008, 05:17 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

:bounce

You guys can make it! I'm sure you've all heard it before, but make a plan, follow it to the best of your ability, and do something different.

seemingly small changes can make all the difference in the world.

(hugs)
Old 11-12-2008, 06:11 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  
getting there

Do something different... ok, the different thing I will do today is I will NOT stop at the store for wine on my way home, no matter what! I will at least get back here and breathe before I decide whether or not I'm drinking tonight.

Pixy, Eclipse - :ghug3 We can do this!
Old 11-12-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by colagirl View Post
I will NOT stop at the store for wine on my way home, no matter what!
That's it! I will NOT stop at the store! Good luck guys! I am darned determined today, cuz WE can do this!

Hey Colagirl, I buy those "classy" vendage boxes too, and my excuse is that at least I'm not drinking a whole bottle! I just guzzle the box! But not tonite!

Hang in there Pix!

Thanks for the encouragement ananda!!

Big hugs to everyone...
Old 11-12-2008, 10:13 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by colagirl View Post
Do something different... ok, the different thing I will do today is I will NOT stop at the store for wine on my way home, no matter what!

I love it colagirl! My HP is the law of cause and effect.....if you don't drink you wont get drunk!

(but it's nice to have more detailed instructions some times)
Old 11-12-2008, 10:59 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Remember to eat good, drink lots of...:ghug2WATER! and take your vitamins...it will all help!
Old 11-12-2008, 01:01 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Help needed please, I cant stop eating and unfortunately not good food. Ive been on the computer finishing an assignment for most of the day and ive just realised how much junk food ive eaten. I know this must seem trivial but in the last year or so Ive worked really hard and lost a lot of weight (four stone) and I dont want to go back, keeping my weight down is not as important to me as my sobriety, but it is important, does any one know if this massive appetite is a temporary thing?
Old 11-12-2008, 01:37 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi Allport,

I had to look up to find out how much a stone is! That is equivalent to 14 lbs...so you lost 56 lbs.? Good for you!

How long since you quit? 5-6 days? When I quit before I started to get really hungry around that time and craved sugar like crazy....it started to pass after about 1 1/2 weeks...I would get in bed and eat chocolate ice cream and hide dark chocolate in my bedside table! Your body is craving the sugar. Hang in there, it will get better!
Old 11-12-2008, 02:17 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Get back up, dust yourselves off, learn from it, and start over. You CAN do it!
Old 11-12-2008, 02:21 PM
  # 135 (permalink)  

I went out for a meal this evening and stuck to soda and lime

Now theres a first!

How is everyone doing this evening?

Allport, Eclipse is right, give it time and just be kind to yourself.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:54 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Right!

How come this thread got moved? Honestly I leave you for 2 minutes and you trash the place.

Day 1 (again...boring....)

I was so convinced I'd turned a corner but sadly it appears I was mistaken.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  

Carol has moved some of the threads from new comers so as not to confuse them, I think, I dont know it confused me.

Welcome back, not been the same without you. :ghug
Old 11-12-2008, 02:57 PM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Totally understand what people are saying about eating junk...I've had so much garbage today (not literally i'm not a raccoon or something....).

Loving drinking water at the minute, feel so dehydrated its not even funny
Old 11-12-2008, 03:00 PM
  # 139 (permalink)  

I'm sure it's because our blood sugar levels are all over the place. it makes you crave junk!

I have gone way over my Weight Watchers points today
Old 11-12-2008, 03:03 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Wibble it's a little quiet on here tonight. Maybe everone is hiding?