Notices

Class of November

Old 11-05-2008, 08:23 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Hey, Wibble, nice to see you. I did a similar controlled drinking experiment a while back. Well, I did several, back to back!!
Old 11-05-2008, 10:10 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostbutterfly View Post
Hey, Wibble, nice to see you. I did a similar controlled drinking experiment a while back. Well, I did several, back to back!!

You've got to love a bit of controlled drinking...
Old 11-05-2008, 11:53 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

:bbd: Hey all how are you all this evening?

I'm struggling yet again but not picked up, Yet!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:06 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Hi Pixy,

Hang in there! Don't pick it up, its so not worth it!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 12:44 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Eclppse I was so tempted, I even got my partner to get me wine. But I kept telling myself just to hang on another 5min and until I have eaten. By the time I ate my dinner and got back on here the craving had gone!

I have already mentioned the book I am reading "Goodbye Mr Wonderful" he believes that the numonic HALT= Hunger Angry Lonely Tired are the triggers that cause us to pick up. If there is one or more of those feelings present then we seriously risk picking up. The more I think about it the more I think he may have a point. The craving went as soon as I ate?

How are u doing this evening?
Old 11-05-2008, 12:45 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Well done Pixy... really well done
Old 11-05-2008, 12:51 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

I feel so excited and happy that it past

I know it will be back tomorrow, how can we be sure we get through each craving? Actually I'm not worring about it untill tomorrow comes!
Old 11-05-2008, 01:43 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I'm a single parent pixy, I'm always the T in HALT, and sometimes the L too!!! And make that the A quite frequently - I have two teenagers.

H - that is right under control, however. I have become a chocolate freak.

Guys, can I join you in November class. My no drinking is going a bomb (60 days about) but I have f*cked up again on opiates. I have just been very bad tempered to my little girl and life is chaos! See what happens so quickly?

I don't need to tell you, do I. I'm so much happier without this poo in my life, why can't I stay off it?
Old 11-05-2008, 02:15 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

of course you can join the november group

Bringing up children is hard enough I know I have four, but to do it alone is so difficult, my heart goes out to you.

Dont beat yourself up just keep posting and get straight back to the path of recovery.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:25 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

60 days is amazing, just keep battling away and you'll sort it with the opiates.

Its totally opposite for me, I've not touched cocaine in 11 months (January 1st...) but booze is just a nightmare.

Having said that one of the reasons i'm back here is that I got offered coke on Saturday and i came so close to having some (because i was drunk...)

I wish i'd come back ages ago, I've missed you set of mentalists!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Thank goodness you saw sense and came back wibble. Had you taken it who knows you may never have come back.

It's good to have you back with your quick wit, sense of humor and your words of wisdom.
Old 11-05-2008, 02:38 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pixy1 View Post
Thank goodness you saw sense and came back wibble. Had you taken it who knows you may never have come back.

It's good to have you back with your quick wit, sense of humor and your words of wisdom.
But no fookin pony....
Old 11-05-2008, 02:50 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pixy1 View Post
Eclppse I was so tempted, I even got my partner to get me wine. But I kept telling myself just to hang on another 5min and until I have eaten. By the time I ate my dinner and got back on here the craving had gone!

How are u doing this evening?

Hi Guys,

Good job Pixy for getting past it! That is a really hard thing to do, just get past that craving.

I am doing pretty good, but its only 3:00 in the afternoon here. Time for me to go home from work and that is when I usually stop at the store for the wine. I think I can bypass it...I have to run a meeting for one of my kids athletic teams tonite and I HATE to talk in front of a crowd, so I'm a little anxious...having the craving for a couple glasses of wine to relax me...wouldn't that be crazy to drink the whole bottle and slur...not good, so I am sure I can keep myself away tonite...

Have a great rest of the day/night!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:15 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Good luck Eclipse. I remember that forcing myself to drive past the liquor store after work. Which I managed, and then took my little girl for a bike ride, and just look where we always landed up!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 03:20 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Eclipse View Post
Hi Guys,

Good job Pixy for getting past it! That is a really hard thing to do, just get past that craving.

I am doing pretty good, but its only 3:00 in the afternoon here. Time for me to go home from work and that is when I usually stop at the store for the wine. I think I can bypass it...I have to run a meeting for one of my kids athletic teams tonite and I HATE to talk in front of a crowd, so I'm a little anxious...having the craving for a couple glasses of wine to relax me...wouldn't that be crazy to drink the whole bottle and slur...not good, so I am sure I can keep myself away tonite...

Have a great rest of the day/night!
You can do this Eclipse! If you are struggling then post and let someone know. Then take it a min at a time if you have to.

Let us know how you get on :ghug
Old 11-05-2008, 03:22 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

:bounce thats the first time I sent a quote

See you all back here tomorrow I'm off to bed, sweet dreams.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:44 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

Well done Pix! I want to know how to put pictures and youtube links on.:bounce

Day 1 again, but Day 60+ off booze. Wibble, that was encouraging about what you said, the opiates will kind of sort themselves out. I must say, I never thought coke was good value for money. 1g coke or 9 ecstacy tablets? - no contest!

Last night I was just useless as a mother, didn't help my little one do her homework, didn't do the washing up, didn't tidy up, all the kids went to bed at daft-o-clock. Missed Heroes! Was bad tempered!

These seem like trivial things, but this is just the start. Soon I lose the post, don't pay bills, miss school plays, get into debt. I've always got myself into work, and the kids into school, but that's it. Everything else goes to pot!

I can't take this stuff, I can't drink, so why, why do I????
Old 11-06-2008, 05:57 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Wow, that sounds like me. Just losing the trivial things. Manage to keep it together just enough so I could work and seem sort of normal. But every other aspect (you know the little things you should actually enough) just got discarded.

You've really got to take strength from how well you are doing with the booze, thats legendary.

Totally agree about the tablets being better value but they don't half sting when you snort them
Old 11-06-2008, 08:37 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
OMG everything's real

I never tried snorting them - thought they might get stuck!

Everytime I slip up though, I learn something, I get a little closer...not sure what to, but I do feel that I am on a journey!
Old 11-06-2008, 08:53 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Hi Lost Butterfly! (and everyone else

Your last post resonated with me. I really believe that this is an individual journey. We can do it along side of others (which is very helpful), but it is up to us individually.

I posted a thread about my experience called "The Gift of Desperation" on the Newcomers forum. Also, the following is an exerpt of something I wrote to a friend a few days ago. I don't know whether either will help...comfort...or whatever. The bottom line, IMHO, is that this IS a process that "happens", but that we also "make happen", if that makes any sense....

"Please don't be too hard on yourself (VERY difficult for an alcoholic, I know). You are where you are right now for a reason and it's a necessary step in the journey. In AA they say that it took every drink to
earn them their seat and that is so true. At least for me, I needed to FEEL that schism between who I am and who I want to be, plus a gut FEAR of impending free-fall. It was if I was watching "myself" from a purer "self". Nobody can force one to that point, nor can one force onself. It just happens and then there is very little CHOICE in the matter. For me, I just knew in my soul that it was my "bottom" and that if I didn't do something drastic, I would be irredeemable. The only thing I could say is to listen quietly to your soul. It will tell you the truth and provide all the guidance you need. I don't mean to sound preachy. I'm just trying to describe something, that for me, was necessary, frightening, liberating and calming all
simultaneously."

I also read something the other day, on SR, that I found very profound. I wish I remembered the author, but something like "if we choose the easy road (drinking), the path becomes harder, if we choose the harder road (abstinence), the path becomes easier".

Best to everyone!:ghug3