# 61 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

Originally Posted by Hope View Post
Insomnia is miserable.
I agree
Old 10-21-2008, 12:00 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Good Morning Campers!!!!
Mxchaos, Hope - I know what insomnia is like so I do understand - it's the pits and no money or all the tea in China can give you sleep when you're desperate for it.
Stoney - glad you are feeling more positive. Did you get ya B&J's??
Ananda - hope you have a better day too. Asda is part of Walmart.
Jersey - Guy Ritchie has got their Notting Hill Home, Wiltshire Estate and £20m cash to run it all ...well that's the latest in the UK press...

My whine this morning......nothing so far other than I woke up too early and it is right ol' brass monkies weather (freezin'). Anyway peeps I hope to be back much later this evening...all (may) be revealed then....hee hee...meanwhile something to cheer you all up Hugs to everyone.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:08 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

How many facilities workers does it take to change a light bulb????

All 457 of them......

And how long?????.........their whole career!!!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 07:26 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
cmc

espresso....I love your sig...thanks for making me laugh today! I can picture GM saying it too which just adds to it.
"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana"
Groucho Marx
Old 10-21-2008, 09:49 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

where's jersy?????????

Old 10-21-2008, 12:04 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Careful Nandsie...something might fly up in there....
Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Old & Sober Member of AA

Here!!!

Originally Posted by ananda View Post
where's jersy?????????

I am steaming!!! Every month they vote by ballot for Employee of the Month, and the winner is awarded a $25. gift certificate. In November, it has to be an aide on the 3 - 11 shift. There are only two full-time on my floor for that shift...the rest are per-diem...and either of the two is deserving.

Because it really is a popularity contest and depends on how many bother to vote, no one ever wins on this floor. So, I decided to try to do something to encourage more to get involved. I had 20 of the ballots printed up and started to go to the patients (who could understand), the nurses, and the aides on this shift. You would have thought I was trying to fix the election, simply because I wanted to see someone on our floor win for a change! I wasn't telling them who to vote for, just who was qualified, and asking them "Please" to vote.

I threw up my hands in disgust! I've never seen such complacency! Why should I care, if nobody else does? What is it they say about, "No good deed goes unpunished?"

I think I need to back off being so pro-active...I don't really think it's appreciated. Thank goodness for this place...I really needed to vent!!!
Old 10-21-2008, 12:08 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  
IO Storm

all (may) be revealed then....hee hee...meanwhile something to cheer you all up Hugs to everyone.
Ooooo..espresso!

I'll be waiting...(for the scoop!) *Lol*

think I should get the SR lame joke award
Old 10-21-2008, 01:10 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Ha Ha Storm, well they say ' "God" laughs at your plans' or 'you can make plans but don't have expectations about the outcome'...I am soooo tired I can hardly keep awake (which is probably good) and I am going to go to bed soon - it's 9.05pm here. All will be revealed? Well, I have been busy today so I can't whine about that because it has probably made me naturally tired BUT I can whine that I wanted to write about my day and now I am too knackered....
I do hope (rather than expect) to get some decent sleep....the other, well it's my AA birthday tomorrow which is one of the reasons I've had a busy day. Anyhow, glad to be on here, laughing at myself and of course being sober. Tat Ta for now, I'll be back tomorrow on "Whiners"......I hope...!!!!
:ghug
Old 10-21-2008, 01:16 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
IO Storm

spress!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:13 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Nonny, you have every right to be disgusted. Apathy is a disgusting trait. I"d be mad too. I'm always p!ssed by low voter turnout in elections. I couldn't wait to register to vote when I turned 21 (the voting age back then). There are two things I can do to help/serve my country: voting and giving blood. And I do both religiously. (haven't been able to give blood for months tho as I don't weigh enough!)

I've only missed two elections in the last 36 years. I know people who won't register to vote as they don't want to be called for jury duty. I'm dying to be called for jury duty so I can be a fair juror and make sure that justice is served. Anyone remember the classic Henry Fonda picture 12 Angry Men. If you haven't seen it, it's worth the watch. Made in the 50s but still applicable to today. Directed by a young Sidney Lumet, and an excellently made movie.

Well, now I'm rambling. But I sure understand your worthy whine Nonny, and understand your frustration. Give 'em hell Nonny!!
Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

the Gumbada's ebay purchase is stuck in Customs! ugh...
Old 10-21-2008, 08:46 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

So sick of this college-kid-drama. Just got a vitriolic email from ck lambasting me for demanding she pay her phone bill to me. Telling me I'm trying to make the family hate her. I'm so depressed and mad about the whole mess I can't respond as I'm too mad to be rational. Expecting her to pay a teeny expense to have a phone is "unreasonable"?? Carrying on about how she'll have to pay her own college expenses if she doesn't get financial aid next year. Well, welcome to the Real World!! Join the millions of college grads paying for their schooling!

As if I'm directly contributing to her future burden of debt... So am I supposed to cave in and let her have service for free? What would happen after school? Would this be a gift for life? Wouldn't she be shocked as hell to discover 'other' services come with a price? Might negatively impact her perspective of Life, don't you think? And if that necessitated counseling or therapy in the future, would I be responsible for that expense, since I brought her 'problems' on by insisting she pay?

I hate feeling like the bad guy when I know I'm not, and that I'm being perfectly reasonable. Tired of being hit with all this bs by someone not yet mature, throwing a tantrum like a two year old.

I'm sober, damn it, and I am NOT a witch! I just had to scream for a bit to let it out so I won't develop an ulcer overnight.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:30 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Least it's good to have you back on-line. Congrats on your 100 days too. It will get better and you will get through this.
:ghug3
Old 10-21-2008, 09:33 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
CindeRella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!

Ok Whiners...I have not been on this thread in a long time.....

I have much needed WHINES to get off my chest!

1) Grateful my best friend has provided a roof over my head however.......tonight I asked her to watch my dog for about 4 hours as I had an IMPORTANT meeting to go to for my part time business that I own-I asked her over a week ago (Meaning DO NOT BUG ME! Handle her and whatever happens) I watch her dogs 3 of them everyday for the past month since i have been laid off from my full time job- She bugged me 6 times! And when I got home my dog was ASLEEP! Ugh!

2) Got an e-mail today from the boss that my "being laid off 4-6 weeks" is now for GOOD!

3) Boss is canceling my medical insurance Oct 31st

4) Bills

5) Stomach still in pain from procedure on Friday (But my tumor in my colon did not grow back :bounce)

Ok I think that is it!

Ok at least I can still laugh! Breathe 1,2,3,......that felt good! Now back to reading and maybe a meeting tomorrow!

And P.S. Least ((((((HUGS))))) and Congrats to you again sweets! Keeping you in my prayers that things get better!
Old 10-21-2008, 09:50 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Big Hugs to you too Rella
Old 10-22-2008, 02:32 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hugs to all the Whiners this morning...and one little whine to share...

My whine du jour is people who speak in half sentences...I try to follow what they are saying but they never complete a thought. 'Scuse me! I can't read minds, even little tiny ones that just ....or big ones that go....like yesterday, for example, when I....see what I mean?

Old 10-22-2008, 02:55 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
live to ride ride to live

breathing hurts today
Old 10-22-2008, 03:12 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

queen'y

that reminds me of... you understand dont you?

now take that to your wine'o rama!
Old 10-22-2008, 04:19 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  
things as it is

Neck and shoulder hurt. I haven't paid October's rent yet. Have no idea where to find the money. Working three jobs, yet still not making enough. Feel like I'm stuck in the tar pit of life.