Notices

30 Days and Under Club

Old 06-12-2008, 01:16 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Oh I remember it all so well! My mum didn't admit it either but deep down I know she knew.
I'm Clean and sober, not so sure about calm though lol
Day 18 and off to work!
Old 06-12-2008, 04:46 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

(((Pixy, Benji)))

Wow guys, this is so eye-opening. I'm a mother too and I worry what effect my drinking has had on my kids. Good reason to stay off the sauce. My dad was an alcoholic and it is what eventually killed him - and it was a lot of work caring for him in the end. I don't ever want to do that to my kids.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:23 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

no rofl..you don't! ...and you won't coz ur here and thats more than pixy and my mums would have done...your doing the right thing...your a star...and a storky thing all rolled into one!!! (Egret thingys are summer visitors here i understand)
...all 3 of us with alch pops hey...hummmm...I feel a new thread commin' .
Kissy kissy!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-12-2008, 12:55 PM
  # 124 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Far as I know theres no alchoholics in my family ( not sure if I win a prize for being the first ). Luckily I've still got both my parents.

My mum and dad will have a drink, but I can honestly say that in 36 years I have never seen my father drunk, mum maybe a bit tipsy but then 2 glasses of wine would get here that way.

Your posts interest and scare me cos as I've stated numerous times, one of the big reasons I want to stay sober is for my 2 kids. ROFL pointed out to me that they are both young enough ( 4 and 18 months ) to not ever remember their dad drunk if I stay sorted now.

One of the things I do think though, and I attach no blame here, everyones responsible for their own actions, is that my parents never having or drinking in the house, or going to the pub, meant that I wasn't introduced to alcohol in a responsible way. When I was 16 I'd never get a wee taste of wine or beer, mainly cos it wasn't in the house. This meant I was introduced to it down the park when it was always the aim to get it down you as quick as possible before you got caught.

Even up to 5 weeks ago I was still always downing drinks as quick as possible. Even in pubs I would never sip a pint, generally it would sit there and then get necked in two.

Then I worry about not introducing alcohol to my kids right.

Thats 13 years ahead though ( got to stop looking ahead ).

Off now to worry about what I should be worried about.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:29 PM
  # 125 (permalink)  

Hi Fizzy, I was introduced to drinking responsibly by my Dad...but at some point we all end up down the park!
Old 06-13-2008, 05:04 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Fizzy, very good points you make. I wouldn't worry about introducing drinking responsibly to your kids. Just keep an open conversation with them so they know what's right and wrong. Even though I had an alcoholic Dad and a Mom that drank responsibly, and we often had wine at dinner, I didn't really drink until I went off to college - where, like you, the objective was to drink as much as fast as possible.

I can tell you're already giving a good example to your wee ones!
Old 06-15-2008, 05:50 PM
  # 127 (permalink)  

Smile Newbie - 15 days

I'm a newbie here and would love to join this group. It's been 15 days for me now. Been reading all the posts and what a great bunch of people! I live in Florida. I love that there are people from England and Scotland here. I went to Scotland this past April and was absolutely enchanted with the country and the people!

Hello to everyone
Old 06-15-2008, 07:44 PM
  # 128 (permalink)  

I am not in a good place right now.
Old 06-15-2008, 08:12 PM
  # 129 (permalink)  

((flgirl))
I've send you a pm, please get back to me or re-post on here - people are worried.

everyone is here for you........just let us know what is going on
Old 06-16-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 130 (permalink)  

Hi Krista,

I'm sorry. I didn't mean to worry anybody. I'm doing a little bit better. I've been dealing with some things that I have repressed for a very long time, and it's not been easy. Yesterday things just started feeling like they were closing in on me. I usually have a positive outlook about things, and it's always been hard for me to accept that hurtful things can and are done to me or those I love. I do the ostrich thing. Without the alcohol to numb the pain, things have been coming to the surface.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:30 PM
  # 131 (permalink)  

HI!
that's alright flgirl, we can all use time to ourselves, and doing the ostrich thing might not be so bad......... Glad you're feeling a little better - hopefully tomorrow you'll be a little better still........
thanks for letting us know.
(and sorry, but we're probably going to worry anyway.........
Old 06-17-2008, 01:29 PM
  # 132 (permalink)  

Hi all...have been away for a few days...hope all is well with you all....glad ur ok flgirl....how is everyone else. Report in pls!!!
Bless yer cotton socks yer lil' beauties!!!
xxxxxxxxxxxx
Old 06-17-2008, 06:02 PM
  # 133 (permalink)  

Hi Everyone!

I've been away for a few days. I'm so glad to see so many people here on the board. Keep up the great work.

I'm on day 44. The 60 day board awaits. Keep doing it, one day at a time.

-- NM
Old 06-17-2008, 09:01 PM
  # 134 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Been a while since I checked in on the site. I was a regular on the 2 week thread, then Day 13 hit and I was in a really lousy mood for nearly a week for some reason. Anyway, feeling better now, didn't let the beer gods tempt me, though it was a struggle. Long story somewhat short, I'm wrapping up Day 21. See everbody tommorrow, I've got the day off!!!!
Old 06-18-2008, 10:41 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Hey people...how are we all...day 23 for me...and all is well...apart from dodgy salami at lunch time...feel a little 'orrible...wondering why everything this week is costing 250 quid? ...rent 250...brakes on car 250....rates 250 ...national insurance 250...can someone please tell 'the man' that i've run out of bl@@dy 250's!!!! Sometimes running a business sucks.
Old 06-18-2008, 05:31 PM
  # 136 (permalink)  

Day 24!its scary but great!
Old 06-18-2008, 11:25 PM
  # 137 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Very early in day fifteen
Old 06-19-2008, 03:58 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  

Way to go Least!! You're doing SO AWESOME!
Old 06-19-2008, 04:34 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  
He who seeks, will find

im so looking forwards to being here in 10 days time. but have to deal with today first!
Old 06-19-2008, 11:10 PM
  # 140 (permalink)  

(storkything)
you're doing pretty well yourself, old bean!
The sun has risen....yawn yawn...still got bad stomach aches...think i've got a stomach ulcer...too much good behavior i reakon...please don't tell me i've got to eat brocolli everyday for the rest of my life...oh woe is me...feeling a little low...really tired...gotta go to work...being self employed, i don't get sick pay....and i'm skint...i need to find a rich wife....maybe storkything will deliver wives as well as babies...tee hee...
...hi johnny galway...welcome....last time I was in your neck of the woods ended up in 'the cellars' ....less said the better!!! One day ata time old boy...we're all in this together...
kind regards to ya'll.
B