Notices

first day off of percocet

Old 04-23-2008, 10:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

kj3880,

Thank you for replying so quickly. I really do love this site. It makes me feel good. I am in the States and I live in Canada. I have no coverage or anything up here. My grandma cant afford for me to see a doctor or anything/one for that matter. Cold turkey is my only hope and I truely think I can do it. I was just hopping that I could get some pointers or advice to make this time a little easier and how long will this crappy feeling be for. I have been drinking lots of fluids and going for walks and drinking lots of fluids. The only thing is I cant sleep or eat and that is concerning my grandmother.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:36 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Well, if you have to, you have to. Lots of people on here have done it. I wish I knew your area better. If you can get to an NA meeting (check the NA site, the meetings are free), the folks will help you once you get there. You will meet people who will support you, even to the point of picking you up and taking you to a meeting, or whatever. You can just treat it like the flu. But be advised, we're not doctors, so be careful, you can get real dehydrated from withdrawal. hang in there. Can you get some motrin or anything for the aches? I would go to the ER if it gets real bad. They have to treat you even if you have no money or insurance if it's an emergency. Just be honest with people, and I think you will find that they really will help you more than you suspect. People do sympathize with pain pill addiction, it's more common than you may think.
kj
Old 04-23-2008, 03:16 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

If things get really bad, you can go to an ER. perhaps you can get some clondine to help. I came off of vicodin which I do not think is a strong.

Yes, plenty of fluids and keep us posted. blessings and prayers going up! Sheila
Old 04-23-2008, 04:08 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Hello Shiela. I have been drinking lots of fluids, mainly water. I have been told that gaterade is good too. I cant sleep at all nor eat. When I do i get sick. How long will this last for? I was addicted for a good year. Will it take months to recover. I am down at grandmas for a month and i was hoping that i would be good when I go home. Errg this is going to be a long process isnt it?
Old 04-23-2008, 04:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
A Dopeless Hope Fiend

hello , since I don't know where in the "States" you at , I offer you this advice, go to Narcotics Anonymous, NA, homepage and use the links there to find the Area of the USA you are in , get the local hotline number and call it , get some help if you need it please, even just another addict to chat with and ease your mind. take in a meeting, go get some diner or coffee together. best wishes to you, Dean
Old 04-24-2008, 08:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
*Grateful*

no, it did not take me months to recover....at the height of my use i think i was only sick a week or so. you can get thru this!

how are you today?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:18 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey 19.

Naw, it won't take that long. 4-5 days tops you'll start feeling loads better. It takes a bit longer to get to 100%, but usually 5 days is all a person has hellish withdrawals from opiates. Probably less for you due to your age and it sounds like it's your first real go-around with this class of drug. Plus, 20 a day may sound like a lot ... but ... there's *LOTS* of us who's habit's got WAY worse than 20 percs a day. That's about what I needed just to get up in the morning, put it that way. Coming off 20/day ain't gonna be no picnic though, be prepared.

Here's the stuff that i know of that helps that you don't need a doctor for:
1) Immodium for the runs
2) Pepto-bismal for the nausea/messed up stomach
3) Unisom (or anything else with Doxylamine Succinate) to sleep
4) Anything you feel like eating, even if it's junk food, you gotta eat something, force it down if you have to.
5) Lots of water/gatorade.
6) If you normally smoke or drink caffeine, now is *not* a good time to stop them, imho, but you wanna go somewhat easy on the caffeine.
7) Hot baths before bed really help.
8) Aspirin and/or Ibuprofen.
9) Get to some friggin NA or AA meetings as soon as possible. They're free support, and you're gonna need it right now.

Best of luck. Don't worry, you won't die from withdrawals, though you'll feel like you're gonna, it won't happen. Let this suffering be a lesson to you ... you DON'T wanna have to go through this crap again, RIGHT? The only way to be certain you won't ... is to never take another drug to get high/drunk again.

In NA/AA is where you learn to actually LIVE clean/sober, not just GET clean/sober. Again, I recommend you check it out. FInd a meeting in your area on line, and just GO. You don't have to talk to anyone if you don't want. Just go, buy yourself a big book they're like 5 bucks or some meetings will just give you one if you tell them you're broke. You'll find caring people there who just want to help. And trust me, you're gonna need help.

Take care sweetie.