Notices

I Need An Na Sponsor

Old 02-05-2007, 10:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I dont really care what this board is called anymore. Its an excellent supplement in addition to my NA program. I get a lot out of this place, and even more helping any newcomers find what I found in NA. There are more people here just reading who never do register. If I can help motivate even one member or guest to find recovery, than being here is more than worth it. I try and leave my ego at the door. But I also still take it with me from time to time. You can still find it all over this board.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Oh....I see.

I think it's great that you guys have this site and I'll continue to poke my head in from time to time. I just wanted to be careful because I found myself posting in an AA forum and didn't want to offend anyone or cause a conflict.

Thanks for filling me in.

Be blessed.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Garry, you have a lot to offer here at SR. I like your posts. And I also post in AA. Keep posting where ever you want. We can use some of your ES&H around here.
Old 05-01-2007, 03:47 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Wow, controversial thread we have going here.

I'm also looking for a Sponsor.

I've flailed around thinking that I couldn't work the steps without a sponsor.

Really, I feel that I can work the first 3 on my own. Obviously, I'll need a sponsor for the 4th and thereafter. I continue to look for a sponsor and I'm working my 2nd step now out of the NA Step Guide.

I go to tons of meetings. Just about one every day, sometimes two. I'm keeping my eyes and ears open for the right person. I really feel that God will put the right person in my life as soon as I figure out exactly what I need out of a sponsor. Meanwhile I work the steps and keep listening and figure out just what it is I want out of this program and out of a sponsor.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Oblique Reflections

I'm so glad to see that you're 150% willing to do what it takes to stay clean and I wish more newcomers had that conviction. Having said that...

I don't sponsor myself. My sponsor doesn't sponsor herself. And since HER sponsor recently passed away, we now sponsor each other until she can find someone with more than the amount of time she has (27 years) and with whom she can feel comfortable. We've done that often through the years, with one of us sponsoring another if "the" sponsor was unavailable during difficult times. It's called a family, and it means that none of us who are sponsored by her are ever left without a sponsor.

I just had a conversation with my sponsee on Friday about how she tries to sponsor herself, or will try to direct the way I sponsor her. It's just never a good idea.

Is anybody in NA perfect? Of course not. We are flawed individuals that come complete with our own baggage for the trip. But that doesn't mean that the imperfections equate to a bad choice for a sponsor. I was told to choose someone I didn't like, because obviously none of my choices in life were ever good for me. I did just that, and ended up with the world's best sponsor. (Oh, and I do like her now!)

I would suggest that when you do find a sponsor, that you review the work you've done on your own prior to determining your readiness to move onto Step 4. If we had all the answers in the first place, we wouldn't ever need a sponsor.

RIP Diana H.
Old 05-07-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks for your experience strength and hope. I am looking for a sponsor, however I'm being very careful about who I choose.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Life...It's What's For Dinner

I am going to be going through the same thing here soon. I am moving across country. I went with my sponsor to the jail last night and I was talking to her about it all, of course I will keep her as my sponsor till I can find someone else in Ohio to replace her, but she believes that I need a sponsor that lives in the same place as I do. It really kind of stinks, I am really close to my sponsor and she helped me be the person I am today. Of course, I believe that the move is something that my higher power has in store for me. More will be revealed.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:34 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

are u still looking for a sponsor?
Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

ivone V.....Welcome....

This thread is from 07...I'm guessing the issue has been solved by now.
Old 04-25-2012, 04:44 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
ivone V.....Welcome....

This thread is from 07...I'm guessing the issue has been solved by now.
Yeah been digging again...

I was digging the other day too,

Hi Carol!