SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Narcotics Addiction-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-addiction-12-step-support/)
-   -   I need a NA-Meeting Format (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-addiction-12-step-support/61345-i-need-na-meeting-format.html)

KEEGANSDAD 06-08-2005 08:16 AM

I need a NA-Meeting Format

Hi All fellow Addicts,

I am starting a meeting and neeed a meeting Format.

Thanks in advance !

Keegansdad

Morgan :wink3:

Moontime 06-08-2005 10:29 AM

Monday 8:00 PM United Methodist Church, Hinton Avenue

8:00 PM

OPEN:
Please help me open this meeting with a moment of silence, followed by the “we” version of the Serenity Prayer.

ANNOUNCE:
Welcome to the Monday night New Attitudes Group of Narcotics Anonymous. This is an open varied meeting of NA.

• This is a non-smoking facility. If you would like to smoke please do so outside and dispose of your butts in the butt can.
• Please leave the church they we found it, clean up after yourself.
• If you have a meeting attendance slip, please fill out the information and bring to me after the meeting to be signed.
• Please turn off all cell phones and pagers or place them on vibrate
• At the request of the landlord please observe there are no pets allowed in this church.
• There will be a notebook going around please write any announcements for the good of NA, it will be read after the meeting.

READINGS:
• Who’s an Addict
• What is the NA program
• Why are we here
• How it works
• We Do Recover
• All Traditions apply at this meeting at this homegroup we like to focus on 4.
1st Tradition: Personal Recovery depends on NA Unity- If you have drugs, weapons or paraphanelia please leave them outside this church.

3rd Tradition: The only requirement for Membership is a Desire to stop using.

7th Tradition: Every NA group ought to be fully self supporting declining outside contributions- There will be a basket passed at the end of the meeting.

12th Tradition: Anonymity is the spiritual foundation of all our traditions ever reminding us to place principles before personalities

ASK:
• Is there anyone here for their first NA meeting ever? In their first 90 days? From out of town? We would like to welcome you and extend a special welcome to you all.
FORMAT: 1st and 3rd Monday of every month
We will read from the It works How and Why book. Members will read a paragraph or two from the text at any time. Any members should feel free to jump in and share on the reading as we go along. Please feel comfortable to share on a passage even if you haven’t formally worked that step or tradition. There is no pressure to finish a chapter so feel free to share more than once was we go along.

2nd Monday of every month-
Ask it Basket or Open Discussion

4th Monday of Every Month
Speaker Meeting- each member of the home group takes a turn finding someone to speak on this Monday.
TEXT STUDY:
Is there anyone who has a request to read a specific step or tradition? If not the
Chair will choose the step or tradition.
ANNOUNCE;
The floor is now open for discussion. Please feel free to share your thoughts on what was read or anything else that will help you in your recovery.

8:50PM- ANNOUNCE;
Thank you all for reading and sharing. If you need to share more please pull someone aside at the end of the meeting.

The 7th Tradition Basket will be passed. No fees or dues but expenses, if you feel as if you are a member of NA please give what you can. Money goes for literature, coffee, rent, what’s not used goes to the area, region, world.

NA literature is on the back table, pamphlets are free. Books have a cost and we have easy credit terms.

Often Members will select a homegroup to become more involved with their recovery. If you would like to make New Attitudes your home group please see one of the home group members who are now raising their hands.

KEY TAGS: I have asked a member to do the key tags.
To show that this program works would everyone who has a year or clean more
And are willing to sponsor people, please raise their hand.
Announcements:
12th Tradtion
Close in a circle.

eddie z. 06-08-2005 12:50 PM

Western Mass. Area of NA info.

Don't forget to contact your Area Service Committee to get your meeting on the schedule! They could probably help you with the format as well. Best wishes!

Love and hugs,
Eddie

Andygirl 06-08-2005 01:00 PM

Wow, you guys do a lot of readings at your meetings. My noon meeting does not readings, but most of the others do a few. They all do the Serenity prayer at the beginning and the Lord's prayer at the end.

eddie z. 06-08-2005 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Andygirl
Wow, you guys do a lot of readings at your meetings...They all do the Serenity prayer at the beginning and the Lord's prayer at the end.

Andygirl,
Hey! I'm just curious. When you say "your" meetings, do you mean NA in general or NA in Charlottesville? I mean, it sounds like you're coming from AA because yes, we do alot of readings in NA meetings, but I don't think I've ever been to an NA meeting that closed with the Lord's Prayer. I was a bit confused. Thanks!

Love and :hug:s,
Eddie

Andygirl 06-09-2005 06:15 AM

Oh, yeah, I'm talking about NA meetings. I haven't been to one yet. I go to AA every day though. I think the standard format is similar, but AA's don't do as many readings and such. They do more in some meetings, less in others. I guess it just depends on the group and what kind of meeting it is.

eddie z. 06-09-2005 08:27 AM

Yeah, I've been to AA and NA in various places and overall there are definitely more readings done in NA meetings. Both tend to open with the Serenity Prayer, but AA often closes with the Lord's Prayer while NA generally uses the "We" version of the Serenity Prayer. Thanks for sharing, Andygirl. I like to hear how things are done in different places. And you should certainly go to some NA meetings, too. I think you'll dig it!

Love and hugs,
Eddie :slaphappy