SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Narcotics Addiction-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-addiction-12-step-support/)
-   -   Question about NA Meetings..... (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-addiction-12-step-support/60262-question-about-na-meetings.html)

startingnewlife 05-27-2005 05:52 AM

Question about NA Meetings.....

Just a question about NA meetings, the first one available in my area is on Monday and I'm really looking forward to going....my question is it's Memorial Day, will they still have the meeting??? I haven't been able to find a phone # to call to find out so I didn't know if any of you would know if they have them on holidays or not??? I appreciate any input. By the way, I'm going on my 66th hr norco free!!!! If I can do it, anyone can! I think I'm still in shock that I've made it this far! I haven't had any pain med at all!!! It's amazing what we can do when we set our mind to it!

BikerBill8 05-27-2005 06:45 AM

Hi, Yes they will have a meeting that night. NA has meetings every holiday NA doesn't close. Keep up the good work.

andyaddict 05-27-2005 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by startingnewlife
Just a question about NA meetings, the first one available in my area is on Monday and I'm really looking forward to going....my question is it's Memorial Day, will they still have the meeting???

A question I use as a benchmark for meetings is:

Would an addict ever use (on a holiday)?

Many people, especially in early recovery, begin by using meetings as they used drugs, if they used in the morning - they go to meetings in the morning; if they used on holidays - they go to meetings on holidays; if they used while on vacation - they go to meetings while on vacation.

The patience and cunningness of our malady knows no boundaries and seldom offers up mercy. One would be wise to respect such power by adhering closely to the path laid before them, the practice and application of all Twelve Steps, furthering their relationship with a God of their understanding, and practicing these embodied principles in all their affairs.

andyaddict
Los Angeles

Gooch 05-27-2005 07:51 AM

Oh yeah we'll be at metings on monday night .. (probably right after the cook out;)

where in upstate are you?

godsonmyside 05-27-2005 10:03 AM

What they said, Let us know where you are, we can do our best to help you get where you need to be!!
Todd J.

namommy 05-27-2005 11:39 AM

Around here, we will have the monday afternoon meeting (1:00), a meeting at the picnic (4 or 5) then the 3 night meetings (7:30 and 8:00) I am sure it is done the same way everywhere.

This disease doesn't go on holiday, and neither can we.

startingnewlife 05-27-2005 12:40 PM

I'm located in Chestertown, NY.....north of Lake George NY. When I did a search for meetings thru NA it came up w/one in Glens Falls & one in Saratoga. My zip is 12817 if that helps any....and guess what...15 mins and I made it 72 HOURS!!!! Hip, Hip, Hooray! I even slept "pretty good" last night! Thanks everyone!

Paulie 05-27-2005 02:58 PM

Woohoo congrats - Great job!!

My husband heard that quote in your signature a few months ago at a meeting, he says it all the time now :D

jenn1063A 05-27-2005 07:48 PM

Great job on the 72 hours!! I am at 27 hours pain med free. I also can't believe that I even made it one day. You are doing great. I hope you make it to the NA meeting. I also want to try one soon. They have lots of them around here at night but I have to go to a noon one and that isn't as easy. Plus I am scared. This board is a big first for me so far.

Anyway great job and I hope the meeting is really helpful for you.

Jenn

GrandmaDee 09-26-2008 04:16 PM

Great job!im 24 hrs narcotic free

Paulie 09-26-2008 05:14 PM

Congrats to you and welcome GrandmaDee.

Gmoney 09-26-2008 10:03 PM

Welcome Grandmadee and congrats on your first day of a new life!!

(by the way...you responded to a post that's a couple of years old)

2ala2 09-27-2008 12:59 AM

Congratulations!
I could never manage 24 on my own. I had to be locked up one way or another.
You're very fortunate!