JFT December 16, 2017

Old 12-16-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

JFT December 16, 2017

December 16, 2017
Where there's smoke�
Page 366

"Complacency is the enemy of members with substantial clean time. If we remain complacent for long, the recovery process ceases."

Basic Text, p. 84

Recognizing complacency in our recovery is like seeing smoke in a room. The "smoke" thickens when our meeting attendance drops, contact with newcomers decreases, or relations with our sponsor aren't maintained. With continued complacency; we won't be able to see through the smoke to find our way out. Only our immediate response will prevent an inferno.

We must learn to recognize the smoke of complacency. In NA, we have all the help We need to do that. We need to spend time with other recovering addicts because they may detect our complacency before we do. Newcomers will remind us of how painful active addiction can be. Our sponsor will help us remain focused, and recovery literature kept in easy reach can be used to extinguish the small flare-ups that happen from time to time. Regular participation in our recovery will surely enable us to see that wisp of smoke long before it becomes a major inferno.

Just for Today: I will participate in the full range of my recovery; My commitment to NA is just as strong today as it was in the beginning of my recovery.

Copyright (c) 2007-2017, NA World Services, Inc. All Rights Reserved