Notices

No Matter What Club

Old 01-19-2011, 10:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

No Matter What Club

There's some things I have to remember today. One of them is not use no matter what. Every time I do that successfully, even when I screw something up or hurt someone, I can start over agan if I haven't thrown dope and all that goes with it on top of my shortcomings. Today, no matter what, I want to choose sobriety and peace in my life.

No Matter What: Today, I will not let fear discourage me on my upcoming knee replacement and the narcotic pain medication the doctor said that I will definitely need after the operation. Though, I still get a case of the what If. Even so, each day I thank my HP for the gift of NA, my life, and the love of the fellowship as a result of this recovery program.

Thanks everyone for sharing and caring, for asking questions and answering them with solutions. You've helped bring peace into my life today!

TB
Old 01-19-2011, 06:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You'll be fine.
Old 01-20-2011, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When an addict attends an NA meeting and hears a message of hope, their ability to admit their need for help begins. Hope is catching, in a sense, and can be transmitted by spiritual interaction.

One common principle has been binding our spirits together is Hope. No Matter What today I will believe in hope.

TB
Old 02-21-2011, 04:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, today is the big day guys, right knee replacement.

Feeling nervous.

Wish me luck, see you when I get back.

TB
Old 02-21-2011, 08:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Best wishes!! We'll be here!
Old 02-22-2011, 02:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I see you online, how did it go?
Old 02-22-2011, 02:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I'm back home.

There was a miscommunication between my primary doctor and myself and the surgery was called off.

My fault, and I have to deal with it.

TB
Old 02-22-2011, 02:19 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

oh poop what now? and are you ok?
Old 02-22-2011, 02:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

At my last visit with my primary doctor he ask if I was still taking a medication he prescribe, I said yes. The medication is lasix which treats fluid retention. But I wasn't truthful with my doctor, I only take the lasix when I need it and I haven't had to use it in some time. He then clear me for surgery everyting was set for Monday.

Yesterday everything was going according to plan, I got admitted, the nurse ask hundred questions, when she ask what medications I was on, I said none. I was started on IV fluids and antibiotics. An hour went by when the nurse said according to my medical files from my primary doctor I was on lasix. I said true but I havn't use it in some time. Another hour went by when the nurse said they are trying to get in touch with my primary doctor. I ask her why, she said they had to let him know I wasn't taking the lasix.

What seems like eternity, four hours later the surgeon and nurse came over to tell me they got in touch with my primary doctor and beacuse I wasn't taking the lasix as he prescribe he refused to clear the surgery. The nurse removed the IV told me to get dressed she give me a cup of coffee something to eat and told me I needed to make a appiontment with my doctor and reschedule my surgery.

I went through hell yesterday, at least the turkey sandwich was good.

Life on life's terms.

TB
Old 02-22-2011, 03:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

wow, sorry you had to go through that. I learned something similar, although it didn't have any surgery involved.

I learned that the inflamation occuring with my rheumatoid arthritis has little to do with how much pain I am in. I needed to be taking the ibuprofen (anti-inflammitory) whether I was in pain or not. I thought I could just take it when I thought I needed it and I based that decision on how much pain I was in. I was wrong. No matter the pain I have to keep inflamation under control or my disease (its an auto-immune disease) will cause my immune system to attack where ever there is inflamation...it goes nuts and actually destroys rather than heals. In RA patients the inflamation is in our joints and that varies from person to person. Good thing I got clarity early enough for me and my doc to find the right RA medication and the right dose to control it before I got any real damage! I now take very little ibuprofen because the RA med keeps it under control but I have to be honest with specific symptoms...and oddly enough pain isn't the first one. If I get in pain...it's already too late, destruction is underway. This addict had to go through a certain amount of denial before I could really "get it". My doctor prescribed it and I didn't take it like he prescribed...I took way less and when he asked was I taking it...I would say yes. He didn't ask me if I was taking it 3x a day...and I didn't admit I was taking it only once or just when I got stiff or sore somewhere. Bad idea.

good for you being honest before surgery

what a day for ya!

peace,
Missy
Old 09-25-2013, 08:34 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Timebuster View Post
There's some things I have to remember today. One of them is not use no matter what. Every time I do that successfully, even when I screw something up or hurt someone, I can start over agan if I haven't thrown dope and all that goes with it on top of my shortcomings. Today, no matter what, I want to choose sobriety and peace in my life.

No Matter What: Today, I will not let fear discourage me on my upcoming knee replacement and the narcotic pain medication the doctor said that I will definitely need after the operation. Though, I still get a case of the what If. Even so, each day I thank my HP for the gift of NA, my life, and the love of the fellowship as a result of this recovery program.

Thanks everyone for sharing and caring, for asking questions and answering them with solutions. You've helped bring peace into my life today!

TB
I needed to see this. Thank you.