SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Narcotics Addiction-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-addiction-12-step-support/)
-   -   A letter from our disease (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-addiction-12-step-support/28606-letter-our-disease.html)

Timebuster 04-29-2004 11:49 AM

A letter from our disease

A Letter From Our Disease

Hello... just in case you forgot me... I am your disease...

I hate meetings... I hate Higher Powers... I hate your program. To all who come in contact with me, I wish you suffering and I wish you death. Allow me to introduce myself, I am the disease of addiction. I Am cunning, baffling, and powerful. That's Me. I have killed millions and I am pleased.

I love to catch you with the element of surprise. I love pretending I am your friend and lover. I have given you comfort, haven't I? Wasn't I there when you were lonely? When you wanted to die, didn't you call on me? I was there, I love to make you hurt. I love to make you cry. Better yet, I love to make you so numb you can neither hurt nor cry. When you can't feel anything at all, that's my true gratification. And all that I ask from you is long term suffering. I've been there for you always. When things were going right in your life, you invited me. You said you didn't deserve these good things, and I was the only one who would agree with you. Together we were able to destroy all the good things in your life. People don't take me seriously. They take strokes seriously, heart attacks, even diabetes, they take seriously. Fools. Without my help these things would not be possible. I am such a hated disease, and yet I do not come uninvited. You choose to have me. So many have chosen me over reality and peace.

More than you hate me, I hate all of you who have a 12 step program. Your program, your meeting, your Higher Power. All of these things weaken me, and I can't function in the manner I am accustomed to. Now I must lay here quietly. You don't see me but I am growing bigger than ever. When you only exist, I can live. When you live, I may only exist. But I am here... Waiting...

And until we meet again, if we meet again, I wish you suffering and death.

Sincerely, Your Disease.

To those still sick and suffering addicts out there... If know one told you they love you today.. I LOVE YOU

Timebuster

True Blue 04-29-2004 12:01 PM

Re: A letter from our disease

Hello Timebuster, I LOVE YOU also. Thanks for sharing this with everyone. I read this last week to the guys at our meeting. We have to stay connected to our Program so we will keep our disease quiet. By the Grace of our HP we will stay winners.

Doug 04-29-2004 01:13 PM

Good one TB,

Thanks for sharing it.

Dan 04-29-2004 01:13 PM

Powerful post.

mackat 04-29-2004 07:11 PM

pretty well sums up MY disease
thanks TB

loki4289 04-30-2004 07:11 AM

tb, yep! what more can you say about it? i really like your post. it puts the whole disease in perspective in my crazy addict head!
christine

Timebuster 04-30-2004 07:44 AM

Christine this disease is like your shadow, what ever street you walk down what ever turn you make. Its not that far behind you.

Those who forget their past are doom to repeat them.
Timebuster

loki4289 05-01-2004 06:18 AM

ain't that the truth!!!!!!!!!!!

godsonmyside 05-01-2004 08:12 PM

I have that letter on my wall, it hit home and gave me chills when I read it for the first time. Dudes just doing push-up waiting for that day for us to give up on recovery. He'll take over and kill us slowly.