Notices

Day By Day- June 8th- "Helping Slippers"

Old 06-08-2012, 07:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lady Blaze

Wink Day By Day- June 8th- "Helping Slippers"

Helping Slippers

Why do they have to suffer? Why is it that we have found and accepted this fellowship while some seem incapable or have to experience untold hardships before they can accept? Many times our hearts have ached at the seeming failure of twelfth step work.
We watch others suffer needlessly and we watch some die. We watch others repeatedly slip and our heart cries out to them. Those of us who make it must never give up on the ones who don't...they need us desperately and we need them. If truely they cant make it, they are in God's hands and he loves them all. Do I let the results of twelfth step work with god?

All God's children are in His hands. Thank You for the way You are holding me.

Today I will try to help a slipper by:

God help me to stay clean and sober today!
(c) Hazelden Foundation
Old 08-06-2012, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Wow...I've been gone for awhile...come back and find non-NA stuff posted in the NA forum? For the record: in NA, a relapse is a relapse (period). The term "slip" minimizes the reality of a conscious decision to use. We don't "slip"...we use or stay clean.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:38 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

I think it cool to post Hazelden stuff in SoberRecovery's Narcotics Addiction-12 Step Support Forum. Its the NA forum yes, but this forum is not the Narcotics Anonymous only forum.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Just coming back to this forum (again). Hello everyone and I missed you guys! Still a clean NA member with over 14 yrs.

I hear ya Zencat. Yet I have noticed that Alcoholics forum doesn't have the non-AA stuff in it. What should be so different here? And since this is a Narcotics Addiction 12-step forum, please tell me what is the name of the program or fellowship these steps come from.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gmoney View Post
I have noticed that Alcoholics forum doesn't have the non-AA stuff in it. What should be so different here? And since this is a Narcotics Addiction 12-step forum, please tell me what is the name of the program or fellowship these steps come from.
Today I noticed this thread called up from last summer. I wasn't here reading then and didn't notice it buried pages down, but since it was recalled I suppose it was for a reason. Very little is posted on this forum beyond "Just for Today" readings and I didn't realize the NA thread was exclusive to NA material. So if this recall notice was directed at my ongoing "not liking purgatory" thread, please tell me so directly and I'll stop writing, no problem. Just let me know...
I did appreciate reading "Helping Slippers" by the way.