SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Narcotics Addiction-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-addiction-12-step-support/)
-   -   Using dreams (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-addiction-12-step-support/109355-using-dreams.html)

Time2Surrender 12-03-2006 03:39 AM

Using dreams

Dont really have them too much anymore, but I just woke from a bad one. I woke up drenched in sweat, pissed, and scared. It was amazing how much wreckage I created and how miserable I was in such a short period of time. Man, thank God it was only a dream. Must be my subconscience reminding me I dont wanna go back to that life. Now, if I can just go back to sleep. :)

Sugah 12-03-2006 03:56 AM

I'm hoping that "pissed" was just slang for angry? Bad joke. Sorry.

I had them nightly for the first 3 months. Weekly for the next six. Then, just here and there, but on average, about every 2 or 3 months, and usually when I'm stressed.

My strategy? A prayer of gratitude, shake it off, another prayer and back to bed. Remember...you don't have to live that way anymore.

Peace & Love,
Sug

aasharon90 12-03-2006 05:36 AM

The more you work your program into ur everyday
life, recovery becomes a part of u like a second skin.

When i live and breathe recovery it in etched into
my subconscience mind...so now when i dream
they r of recovery....even if the temptaion arises
i have enough knowledge and wisdom to ward off
those demons.

Its pretty neat to wake up from a dream where
someone has offered u alcohol and u say NO.
And then begin talking about ur program to
them. : )

brians 12-03-2006 07:44 AM

Does The Same For Me. The Magic Of A Aa Meeting

Luckyv2 12-03-2006 10:05 AM

I haven't had any using dreams that I am aware of anyway but here lately I have been having some recovery dreams :thinking: that is wierd in itself. Anyways Mike at least it was only a dream :)

REZ 12-03-2006 11:03 AM

Using dreams are useful reminders that I am still an addict and could go right back to my old ways if I use drugs today.

Heartinpieces 12-05-2006 03:44 PM

i too have had crazy, waking up in a cold sweat really thought i had relapsed dreams lately! one time i woke up and said OUT LOUD "oh **** i gotta call my sponsor and tell her i relapsed". then looked over to see my dog lying next to me looking at me like i was nuts! lol... but the shame that dream brought me was such a reminder of how i don't want to live anymore. sometimes when i think getting loaded isnt that big of a deal and i can't make it to a meeting or cant get someone in the program on the phone, i start to think of how many people will be so disappointed if i do use. being the people pleaser that i am the thought of letting others can help me stay clean for those few mins, or hours before i can talk to another addict or hit a meeting.

i feel dreams are subtle reminders about how we used to be...

you guys RULE! have a great day.