SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Narcotics Addiction-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-addiction-12-step-support/)
-   -   It's Time To Move ON!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-addiction-12-step-support/107255-its-time-move.html)

Luckyv2 11-07-2006 02:42 PM

It's Time To Move ON!!

Yes it is! I just completed my fourth step on paper and now it is time to move on to Step 5. I know today that this is very important to do. I dug so deep into my soul and this one looks like it is more complete than what I have ever attempted in the past. I am grateful to have it done, and yet I fear the thought of telling someone else all of this stuff that I have done. I know that I must continue in the process and that is where I leave the fear behind because I know that I must continue the steps for freedom from active addiction.

I know that the power this will have will make things so much better and I am willing to continue on with the next step. I ask for peace and for courage to continue each step as I take them today. Knowing that in my heart there is peace waiting when I do each one.

The last question that I was asked is "Describe any celebrations or honoring activities that you have done or will do to honor the completion of your 4th Step?"

Well I am going to treat myself to some burritos from one of my clients :) (see thinking of food now). I am also going to go to staples and get me some stuff for my computer. I might even go get me a new movie to watch something that I like an action movie or a comedy would be nice. I am happy that this is all down now, I can see what it was like but I can also see where I want to do things different and I am going to do my best to work on this Just For Today and knowing that I am human and I am going to make mistakes.

I think that I might go ahead and attend church and ask for forgiveness and to celebrate my new life in which I am headed. I am happy to know that I have worked hard on my recovery this time around and have opened up all areas of my self even though I didn't want to face them. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of SR.

With Love and Respect

Vic :bananadan

Ann 11-07-2006 03:09 PM

Well said, Vic. Forgive me for chuckling but when I saw your thread title, my first thought was "what now?" :D

Getting past Step 4 was a relief to me, I felt like a load had been lifted.

Hugs

Doug 11-07-2006 04:16 PM

Good for you Vic!

dalin 11-07-2006 04:30 PM

good for you homelice

Luckyv2 11-07-2006 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Ann
Well said, Vic. Forgive me for chuckling but when I saw your thread title, my first thought was "what now?" :D

I planned it that way LOL I knew that I would draw attention that way of course that is on my 4th step too ;)

Doug Good for you Vic!
Thanks Doug you know it wasn't easy to face it all but I am sure that it is better to face the truth than to run from it anymore!

dalin
good for you homelice
Thanks I appreciate hearing it from you also! You were there many times when I really needed to hear what you had to say.

Anyways now I need to get dinner going! Just got back from my meeting and I have a lot of reading to do now.

Grateful that none of us have to use anymore.

With Love and Respect

Vic :bananandan

andyaddict 11-07-2006 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by luckyv2
Yes it is! I just completed my fourth step on paper and now it is time to move on to Step 5.
Vic :bananadan

You pud :C023: vic, I thought you were leaving this board. <rolls eyes>

a

Luckyv2 11-08-2006 05:22 AM

Originally Posted by andyaddict

a

;)

Time2Surrender 11-08-2006 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by andyaddict

a

So did I. Congrats Vic. Sounds like your doing good. :)

abtchonamission 11-08-2006 10:39 AM

((((((((Vic))))))))))

You always make me smile, and help me remember where I left all my hope.

Luckyv2 11-08-2006 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Time2Surrender
So did I. Congrats Vic. Sounds like your doing good. :)

Sounding good and feeling good are two different things sometimes I get into a lot of self-pity especially with this treatment that I am on. So anyways just keep reminding myself that it won't last forever.

abtchonamission ((((((((Vic))))))))))

You always make me smile, and help me remember where I left all my hope.
Where did you leave all of your hope? :thinking:

Ok just call me slow :C023:

With Love and Respect

Vic

shockozulu 11-09-2006 12:02 AM

I'm so glad to read this Vic. Enjoy your movie.

Luckyv2 11-09-2006 06:07 PM

Ok Chances and my celebration so far for finishing the fourth Step is a movie called "Hitch" and a CD, Chance got a new set of tennis balls from Wal-Mart, and we printed out the fourth step. So far so good, the fifth will be started tomorrow :) . And we each had our own Ice Cream! Yep life isn't bad ;)

With Love and Respect

Vic

mackie 11-09-2006 11:05 PM

Vic........

Man, won't it feel GREAT to get those 4th and 5th steps under your belt??

((((((Prayers)))))) Keep on, keepin' on!