SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Narcotics Addiction-12 Step Support (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-addiction-12-step-support/)
-   -   Where do I fit in now? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/narcotics-addiction-12-step-support/107097-where-do-i-fit-now.html)

ANGELINA243 11-05-2006 02:11 PM

Where do I fit in now?

Hi! I'm an alcoholic & have been around SR for a few months now. In my past history of drinking--there may have been only a few occasions where I also did "outside issues"--usually after drinking for a long time. However, this past Halloween, I relapsed on both alcohol & drugs. The difference now is that I am constantly craving the "drug" I did the other night & not so much the alcohol. My question is--Have I "crossed over" that line (as my AA group would say) & should I start going to NA even though this is the first time in my life that I have that same "phenomenon of craving for the drugs" like I used to feel for alcohol. Please someone help me!

Luckyv2 11-05-2006 02:17 PM

My name is Vic and I am an addict. It probably best if I don't give you advice, however in Narcotics Anonymous alcohol is a drug. A drug is a drug is a drug. I know all about the cravings even though I haven't had any for awhile. I go to basically NA. I love it there, I feel welcomed. However if I need a meeting I would go to any 12 step program.

Our problem is with the disease of addiction! The behaviors that we have, compulsive, obsessive behavior. The other day I bought a bag of candy that was on sale, before I even got home I had eaten a half a bag, talk about obsessive :lmao. I hope that you find what you are looking for.

With Love and Respect

Vic

Arura 11-05-2006 02:42 PM

Hello Angleina,...Thanks for bringing that up,..................? !!!. .........!

I also have a problem with were i fit into this 'not NA',...forum anymore,...???
as im not really going to meeting's at the mo,...there no stranger to me or I to them....???........!!!!!
I really dont want to be shot down in flames for this but as i get closer to actually going back to my home group were they have known me for a few yrs,...!!! and show me much Love n advice,...!!!

Im consfued as if im not doing step work ,....can i come here or not,...to share or is it that i can Only share about the steps,...not my triggers,...or...sucssess...???

I just dont know were to fit in this part of the site now,...???
as when i do eventually get my Butt to a meeting i want to share it with the people here ive grown to love n trust in the past few months...???

Please dont beat me.....:a049:

Only Love...:Val004:

REZ 11-05-2006 04:15 PM

I consider myself a drug addict and an alcoholic. I got to both fellowships. Each has its virtues.

chicago 11-05-2006 04:46 PM

even though im recoverying from heroin addiction, im in AA because when i read the docters opinion it states when alcoholics drink they have an alergic reaction that triggers a phenomon of craving. i didnt get drunk (primarily used heroin, pot, and any form of opiates) but im still alcoholic because when i drink i MUST get drugs. it is impossible for me to drink safely.

so i got an AA sponser, work the AA program, and read out of the Big Book and 12+12. NA, AA, and CA are very similar and i think its just whatever the individual feels most comfortable with. here in chicago they are all intertwined at this point.