Notices

Step#7..Humility..."ASK"..and Act...

Old 09-12-2010, 03:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Step#7..Humility..."ASK"..and Act...

Yesterday I went over Steps 6 & 7 with my Sponsor. We both sat down and spoke for several hours. I had "My List" of defects in front of me and we went over each defect. Now, this Step ,for me, is about asking this God, I fully dont understand, to help me change these lesser traits for ones that will help me in my life. Most of these shortcomings are based on many forms of "FEAR". My Sponsor says, "Its now about building character". How ? "Humbly Ask" Who ? God. I was a cocaine addict... I wanted it done NOW !! lol....Steps 6 &7 is a Resting place. Not that I dont DO anything, But I Trust God that He will Remove what needs to be removed. So now I live a little and PRAY alot. Live !!! I dont know how. Im in the process of learning..Ive come a long way from smoking crack in strange places to learning how to live a spiritual life...Its crazy. Sounds very odd. Im clean. Im getting better. Its just not in my time, but Gods. Taking it "One Day at a Time".....I need a wife...lol..really I do. Be Well, Clean
Old 04-30-2011, 12:33 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Clean4ever View Post
My Sponsor says, "Its now about building character". How ? "Humbly Ask" Who ? God. I was a cocaine addict... I wanted it done NOW !! lol....Steps 6 &7 is a Resting place. Not that I dont DO anything, But I Trust God that He will Remove what needs to be removed. So now I live a little and PRAY alot. Live !!! I dont know how. Im in the process of learning..
Today its about learning to listen but also learning to speak. So, for me.....Its time to pause, pray, and be still. Now its time for The Meat and Potatoes of this program. Ive been drinking milk for some time now and Im a little bit more mature....And Ready for work...Not my work, but Gods...PRAY, PRAY, and I need to PRAY some more...I see How these Steps are linked to one another...So, I visit my first three Steps again. I cant do this alone..Step #1... Their is help...Step#2....God Help me with my thinking {will} and behavior {life}.....STEP #3.....a recommitment to developing a closer walk with my Higher Power...Thats where Im at...."Humility is NOT thinking less of myself...Its thinking of myself less". I didnt make that up myself I heard it at a meeting..Lol....So now I "Humbly "ASK" Him to remove my shortcomings". This is Step #7. Allow God to work on me, while I do the foot work and leave the outcome in His hands. PRAY, PRAY, and PRAY again...My job is to keep my focus on Character building. There is so much more to what Ive shared about these Steps. Ive shared some of my experience and thats all it is "My Experience". Action, Humility, And Willingness....And PRAY again..Thanks, Clean herewego
Old 04-30-2011, 10:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So you are working on your 2nd cycle of steps? I'm curious, did you lump together the 6th and 7th steps each time? If so, can you help us understand how they are so closely linked for you that they be gone over during the same timeframe?

I am about to cycle through the steps again and know that it's a new beginning, so I'm open to learning from others experiences.

Peace,
Missy
Old 05-01-2011, 07:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Lightbulb My Willingness...

I believe that Steps 6 and 7 are linked together, like all the other Steps, yet separate..My "WILLINGNESS" in Step Six will be the reason I move on to the 7th Step. By moving on to Step 7 it will help me see how 'Willing' I am..In the Basic Text (page 34 Step 6 third edition) it says "We put our Willingness into action by moving on to Step 7" My Sponsor and I both believe that I 'NEEDED' to work through the Steps....Not 1 Step a year..I NEED help NOW..lol..So, that's what I've been doing.."Being human we will wander off course" (Basic Text pg 34)..Thanks for your input on these Steps Missy...Clean
Old 05-01-2011, 08:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

ok I see where you are coming from. Are you in an area where it is customary to do one step a year? That seems like a long drawn out process! Seems like we could die before getting through the steps if we take that long. I have heard it mentioned there are places that do that...however I have not come across them yet.
I took the occasion to look up "ready" and also "willing" in the dictionary. They are indeed defined using the other word in each set of definitions. "ready" used the word willing in it's definition...and "willing" used the word ready in it's definition. They only slight difference was "ready" used 'fully prepared' in it's defintion and "willing" used 'inclined'. Thank you for prompting me to ponder these steps.

Peace,
Missy