Notices

Scared

Old 02-13-2011, 08:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Scared

Today I begin my road to recovery. I'm SCARED!! I been on opiats since 2003. I going cold turkey at home. I worry because I feel I will not have the support I need to go thru this. My reasons I cannot explain right now. I know that I will be going thru hell and I'm going to feel like crap. But I'm willing to go thru this in order to get control of my life and my families as well. Day ONE... here I go!! Please lord give me the strength and courage that I need to help remove the evil that is killing me from within!! AMEN!!

Last edited by Fatherof2; 02-13-2011 at 08:45 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-13-2011, 11:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Fatherof2, Welcome!
I hope you make it back to reality safely. I also hope you have a plan...like how to eat, sleep and withstand the withdrawl. Whether you were or were not getting your drugs from a doctor, it's a good idea to consult with your doctor on what you are attempting to do. I worry about you not having the support you need too! You said yourself...and add that you won't say why...that you know you need support. I do have experience understanding someone knows what they need...but chooses a different way. Personally I was not successful until I got the support I needed. It took a level of honesty that was born of complete defeat before that came into being.

If you'd like to know more about Narcotics Anonymous please speak up in the discussion forum....or maybe try posting in the step 1 section to start at the beginning.

There is also a "New To Recovery" forum.
Also, you may find some info on others detoxing on their own and what they went through on other forums at this site.

There is lots of support here. (right here you are in 'Step 5' step study forum)
Do you know how to find an NA meeting near you?
Your family doesn't have to know you are going unless you tell them.
It may even suprise you how many families are supportive and appreciate being a part of someone's recovery rather than more deceit in covering it up.

Each individual is responsible for their own recovery....it's up to each to choose a path that works for them.

NA works for me.

Gratefully recovering,
Missy