Notices

step four- again- several times

Old 07-08-2008, 10:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

step four- again- several times

hello, everyone, after having finished step four- and feel relief, do i need to go back , after doing some clean time, to write another one, or the fact that i am doing a step ten regularlly, honestlly means no need, for a second step four, i hear people who share in meetings that they wrote step four several times, i am a bit confused, any comments , thankx and bless you alll
Old 07-11-2008, 01:05 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Lost-n-Found

I believe that through honest self examination, you are the one to decide whether you need another fourth or not. In my opinion, It is a very personal question that only you can answer.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Agreed. It isn't written in stone that we have to "formally" write step 4 repeatedly. Some of us do it, some of us don't. I've just completed my 4th step for the second time and there were things I discovered I still needed to work on as a result. Some refer to the latter steps as "maintanence steps" and see no need to do another inventory. Yet, I've found that, after considerable time has passed, it can be very helpful to inventory my life since my last 4th step.

I found it good to remember that we addicts are masters of self-deception.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

:praying:prayingI'm currently working on a Step 4,slowly,cause some days I don't write any.I claim it's not fear,I'm really trying to be thorough.Advice is very welcome,if there is anyn such advice.My sponsor said I'm doing great.I believe him......Zeko807:praying:
Old 10-09-2009, 02:18 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am writing another step 4 because I did one early in recovery so many things have changed since then.. that was back in 93 (I think). My children are grown, I am alone... lovers, changes, regrets, resentments... Oh, when I started writing, I released a flood gate and my head started hurting... this is my second day. I am feeling better. Glad to know I am not alone... but, for me, recovery is on going and I do what I do to get better consistently.:praying
Old 11-28-2010, 06:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am a 2.2 yrs clean now.. I find the further away from active addiction I get, the clearer my thinking became. LIke Grateful.. I find it so purging. Seems my recovery process is never ending. For me.. if I question something.. I might be needing to look deeper.
Old 12-07-2010, 02:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Stopping the Train...

Location: Sevierville, TN - in the valley of the Great Smoky Mountains
Ask your sponsor... ;-)
Old 04-05-2011, 08:03 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

hey im Rashelle im new n i need help myself so if ur interested n i need help regardleess anyone?
Old 04-30-2011, 04:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hey what do you need help with