Notices

New, Just getting started!!!

Old 04-10-2011, 04:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New, Just getting started!!!

Hello, my name is Adam and I am addicted to narcotics. Hope to find strength and companions here.
Old 04-10-2011, 07:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome Adam!
Old 04-10-2011, 08:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome, glad you're here!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

welcome.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome Adam,all the help you need is available today...............Lots of us here have Kicked Massive Drug Addictions..................keep in touch,and Good Luck.
Old 04-13-2011, 09:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm an RN in recovery for over a year a now. It's still very hard and the temptation is starting to get worse right now for some reason.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hello everybody, my name is Joey and I am addected to pain killers,,,, recently got help from a doctor and thought it would be a good idea to find a place where I could talk to people that are going thought the same thing I am,,, hope to fit in somewhere
Old 05-21-2011, 08:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Evolving Addict

Hey Joedogg...welcome to SR.

In case you didn't notice, there are numerous forums here at SR (and some forums have sub-forums). This is the Narcotics Anonymous Step Study Forum (Step 1). If you are a member of NA and/or currently working on Step 1 and wish to discuss or ask questions about that step, this is the right place. Otherwise, you may be interested in posting in another forum - which probably will increase your chances of getting a response.

The main NA forum could be a good start. If you went back to the home page or main forum page you'll find it under drug addiction. Here's the link:
Narcotics Addiction-12 Step Support - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

If NA isn't your thing, you might consider posting in the Substance Abuse forum:
Substance Abuse - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Whatever the case, take your time and look around, There are plenty of people here who have been through what you're going through and are willing to help.

G
Old 05-23-2011, 06:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Adcat12 View Post
Thanks everyone for the welcome. I'm an RN in recovery for over a year a now. It's still very hard and the temptation is starting to get worse right now for some reason.
Adcat,

I just wanted to say stay strong in your recovery. I am also an RN, just getting started, feeling the effects of withdrawl and depression from coming off of opiates. Talk to people you trust, people who you are accountable to that love you. Find support in a program. Don't quite, this is a very rough road to go down. I know you can do it, and so can I...

Nebether
Old 05-23-2011, 06:55 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Joedogg View Post
Hello everybody, my name is Joey and I am addected to pain killers,,,, recently got help from a doctor and thought it would be a good idea to find a place where I could talk to people that are going thought the same thing I am,,, hope to fit in somewhere
Hey JoeDog,

Sounds like we are in the same boat, I am also addicted to opiates. I went to the doctor last week who also prescribed medication to help me beat this addiction. Coming off opiates is hard, probably one of the hardest things I have tried to do. Try to stay strong in your recovery, and keep in mind that the medication is evil, who wants to control you. Vow to take your life back! It is your life!!! You can do it and so can I!!!

Sincerely
Nebether
Old 06-01-2011, 09:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Did you just go to your regular medical doctor or how did you find a doctor to help you?
Old 11-04-2014, 11:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi I am an addict to drugs and alcohol. Today I woke up and have and enough. I told my verbally abusive meth addict boyfriend to get out of my car because. he yells at me for anything that goes wrong in his life I felt for the first time in a year strong enough to let him and my addiction go.