Notices

Just a vent...

Old 03-19-2006, 01:26 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  
On The Bus

See It Through Teach!!

Just stay calm and focused and stick to the facts. Nothing personal. Your cool persona will cause them to implode upon themselves. Such silly people.

50 years from now no one will give a shyte about this.

You have done nothing wrong, you cant expect their respect, but you certainly deserve it, IMHO.

See it through Teach!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 03:25 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thanks, Bozo;

You know, on Friday, three of the girls out of class handed in an assignment. They must have gotten it from the male dean; I gave it to him for the boy out of class. (Long story; I thought I was helping out dean. Boy was transfered out of my class. Then dean said he wasn't. I have the written notice that he was...)

Anyhow, they haven't been in class for three weeks or so??? And they think one assignment is going to make a difference?

Well, I don't do long distance learning. Period. If they want to pass, they need to be in class, doing their work EVERY day. They can hold their drama after class, if they'd like. I am not grading these things.

Only one came to my class herself to hand it in. I've not had a problem with her; she just joined the party cuz she could! I asked her why she wasn't in class. Her reply was, "because. Just because, that's why.'' Yea, that's a valid reason to fail.

Thanks for supporting me, bozo. I am more cool now that I know what's being done. I wasn't so cool before. Unfortunately. But, since school's do NOT operate the way this place is, (because they cannot operate like this), it's no wonder I was upset before. Crazy stuff was going on. And still is.

The grievance will make it better.
And will put that poser for a principal on notice. Maybe the dean too, through him. I cannot grieve her behaviors, cuz she's not administration - she's just "acting as."
And she's a very bad actress!

Shalom!
Old 03-20-2006, 07:47 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I honestly don't think I'm bringing this on myself.
no no gurl...
I was talking about the ticket and the crap around that.. ;o)

I KNOW your under attack... and man... I'm po'd FOR you...
That principle and dean...
man.. a cosmic two by four on the head to them....

and the kids...
I know how much you care Teach...

I just don't want you to overextend...
that's what I was trying to get at...

Do too much.. ;o)

Praying for your greatest good Deb...
Old 03-21-2006, 04:13 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thank you, (((Bike)))
And I understand now what you were saying.

I had the meeting yesterday with the Union Delegate. She was impressed with my write up of the three grievances; the statements and the corrective action requested. And with the pile of evidence I had collected. I didn't give her my journal accounts, but told her that I have them, if needed. :>)

She told me what to expect. I'm not happy. She said that because principal wrote in a letter that he was unsure what to do here, that the union and the school will "mediate" between us. They will mentor him.
Me? I get squat! Even as he continue to undermine me; even as my professional reputation is destroyed with the kiddies in this school; even as the very letter in which he admits his inadiquacy he continues tearing me apart, I'm left to myself, and they will help poor principal learn to do his job!

I do believe a lawyer will be necessary if they don't do better than that!

Oh, and I'm not the first one to file a complaint against him. She said the school will look at that and the fact that I've never filed a grievance like this in my 20+ year career.

And now, I'm thinking what is it I want from this grievance. I know I'm not happy with what the union delegate suggested. As I said to her, it's too little; too late. So, what is it I really want.

Honestly, I want what is impossible for anyone to give me. I want the respect I deserve and the professional reputation I had entering this school. And that's impossible. He and the dean have destroyed that for good in this school. I went through all of this for NOTHING! :>(

And it does dawn on me that G*D may have put me there for the principal to learn. But, I don't WANT to be his teacher. That's NOT my job. I'm sick of being stepped on by everyone, everywhere, all the time.
Tantrum over now.

The hearing is tomorrow at 10 AM. I am staying home today.

Shalom!
Old 03-21-2006, 06:22 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

hugs for you history.....boy but it sounds chaotic!!!

just a quick note to let you guys know i didnt get my job.....never mind just have to keep trying i guess...

love to you all

purrddy
Old 03-21-2006, 06:30 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Here is a (((bear hug))) for you.. ;o)

So.. "nasty name" needs to be mentored.. lol

I think he needs to read a few good recovery books and get his butt to some meetings.. lol

Man.. would he be ashamed of the crap he is puking out there now...

You'd get a bigtime amends... ;o)

lol...

Yeah.. I'm awake.. but.. I'm dreaming..

In the end... regardless of what's right or wrong....
people wanna just smooth over the trouble without fixing it.

Your principles history is proof of that...

And all it does is make him sicker and let him get further and further into the lives of others and cause them ick...
And of course... people like them always have their little groupies... like the dean...

In the end Teach...
you gotta believe in yourself.. that's for sure...
cause you know what your about...

And it does dawn on me that G*D may have put me there for the principal to learn. But, I don't WANT to be his teacher. That's NOT my job.
..ya got drafted.. ;o)

Good that you stayed home today...
I hope you have a peaceful day for you...
Old 03-21-2006, 06:50 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  

never mind just have to keep trying i guess...

hey ((Puurdy))..

I'd say God has something better in mind for ya.. ;o)
and what would we do with our time if we ever quit trying.. lol

Just one right thing after another...
and the miracle will unfold....
praying for your greatest good....
Old 03-21-2006, 07:05 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

(( teach ))

Each day a new adventure, right?

I hope you find your answers... soon!

Hugs
Barb
Old 03-21-2006, 10:25 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Purrdy)))
I too believe there will be something better around the corner for you.
I have to. Because I have to believe the same thing for me!
And yea, it sure is chaotic. But, thanks for your good will.

Bike,
You made me remember something the principal told me once. His wife thinks he's an alcoholic. He doesn't think so. He himself told me this, long ago when he first started, and a group of us went for a drink one Friday after school. And you're right. He DOES need to get to a meeting! Man, did you hit the nail right on the head!

I am trying really hard to continue believing in myself. And the fact that the union and all of my colleagues are supporting me, helps a whole lot. I truely wish it didn't have to turn into this nonsense, though.

Oh, and I got drafted, huh? LOLOLOLOL!!!!
That was just TOOOOO funny!! As down as I'm feeling right now, (I'm not feeling well either, on top of this stuff), that made me LOL. Thanks. I needed it.

Barb
At this point, I'd like to find the questions! LOL!
Thanks...

I spoke with my career counselor. He gave me some good advice as to how to go in tomorrow. To require that any "apology" he gives is accompanied with a change in behavior that SUPPORTS me in the classroom. (What a concept, huh?) If not, the apology means nothing, and I'll be forced to seek redress elsewhere, ie, lawyer or charges with the Human Resources dept myself.

A possible transfer of these students under the following conditions will be acceptable. I will NOT be the teacher on record for phoney passing grades. And the date of transfer will be retroactive to the first day of the second time he allowed them to cut classes repeatedly. Their grades at that time were F's. What he does AFTER my name is off the record is none of my concern.

Finally, I will NOT accept work due from the first quarter. The union delegate said he can force me to, as the wording of the contract is so nebulous. But, I will NOT do so. He can write a letter to my file if he so desires. It will be the first one in over 20 years, and speaks more to him than to me. But, I won't let HIM make MY word worthless. And I will have to seek redress elsewhere for that action, should he choose it, elsewhere too.

All good advice. I'm so glad he is such a good man! (My counselor, that is, lol!) And the fact that everyone but administration is on my side makes me feel very good!

We had a staff meeting after classes ended yesterday. One of principal's concerns was DISCIPLINE!!!
Makes me want to PUKE!

So, there it is. I think it sounds like a good plan. I hope so, anyway....
And thank you all for your support. It means the world to me to be able to vent this and hear loving support during this difficult time. Cuz, this really did effect my serenity to its core. And I know I have to work on that. I look forward to the day when the storm can be raging, and I'm going along on my own path.

Shalom!
Old 03-22-2006, 03:34 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
To Life!

The hearing is today at 10 AM.
I woke up at 3 AM, unable to get back to sleep. I finally got up at 5 to make the coffee.
Equus gave me some sage advice too, along with all of yours. To speak with the heart. To meet him as if he were a loved one, with whom I have a disagreement, and to share my concerns that way. That, I will try to remember, along with the other wonderful thoughts and words of support I've been given along the way.
Thank you all...

Shalom!
Old 03-22-2006, 05:51 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Teach,

When you go in, make sure there are enough chairs for all of us to be there too. Look around the room and smile, and know we are with you in spirit. You'll think of us, our support, and our belief in you and it will strengthen you for the meeting.

Sending strong cyber hugs your way.

Barb
Old 03-22-2006, 06:26 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Sending prayers out for you Teach...
Old 03-22-2006, 11:18 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  
On a tear

Is she back, yet? ....

Teach - between your hearing and Jewelz' baby, I think I am going to have screaming coma.

Do hope all went well and you are ok .... ((((((Teach))))))
Old 03-22-2006, 04:26 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Sis...

A screaming coma.. ??? lol...

Well.. I see Jewelz and emerging son is coming along fine...
and Teach...
hopefully.. no news is good news...
Old 03-22-2006, 05:54 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
To Life!

YEA!!!!
Yea, it went well. It is only the first leg of the process. And my union guy was BRILLIANT!
He gave his story. I gave my rebuttal. My side was stronger than his side, LOL! And my union guy said that I made his job easy, cuz I had everything so well documented, lol! You should have seen him pulling up slips to prove my points. Principal did not look good at all, and he certainly heard about the dean. Union guy said I'm not the only one with a problem, and that there is another big issue coming up about her. Principal finally began to see the debth of the problem.
Oh, and all of a sudden, kids have been getting suspended for cutting class! Like, just the last two days, lol! More proof that they know they were wrong, and are now starting to act differently. But, compared to the pile of slips showing otherwise, or dissapearing, it clearly shows them trying to fix their act up too late!

We only presented @ 1/3 of our information. Then, my union guy stopped us, gave a strong summary to the principal's side and his helper from human resources. He said we've got plenty, and he wants to see what they are willing to come up with now, before we determine future strategy.

I feel really good about this!
And then, I decorated the hallways for Parent Night tonight, with student posters from my classes. And I got two girls to act as greeters for the parents. And went back to school for 3 hours tonight.
It's been a VERY long day. I feel good. And I hope to G*D I can sleep through the night tonight!

Thanks my friends....your support really means the world to me... And you've all helped me get through this mess in one piece. Thank you all!

Shalom!
Old 03-22-2006, 08:51 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
On a tear

Shhhhh........ teach is sleeepping. ...... zzzzzzzzzz

Old 03-22-2006, 09:44 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

hehehe...

.... and that's a good thing..

tiptoes outa the thread..
Old 03-23-2006, 04:27 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
To Life!

You guys crack me up!!!

Yea, and I'm doing the Happy Dance, right now!!! hehehehe
I slept through the night; the alarm had to wake me up!!!
It felt SOOOOOO good, hehehe

Gotta get ready for work. And I'm meeting my sis after school at the gym. Back to caring for me! :>)
See you all afterwards. And thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the love and support you've given me though this mess. Ya got me through it...

Shalom!
Old 03-23-2006, 01:06 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

I am so glad to hear how well it went. You got a full nights sleep too? You are on a roll!
Old 03-23-2006, 04:04 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Teach

Yeah baby!

Is it hard to be humble when you are so great? Heh, heh.