Notices

Sleeping problems....

Old 11-29-2005, 09:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
A picture's worth a 1000 words

Sleeping problems....

okay....so when manic I'm usually up for a couple of days or only sleep an hour or two, but my problems are when i'm NOT manic. I slept about 35 hours in 48 hours time last week.

Typically I sleep between 10-14 hours and yeah....one other time I slept 19 hours straight.

Anyone else have sleeping problems??
Old 11-30-2005, 12:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Shutter;
For the past month or so, I've been getting by on about 5 hours/night. Up again today at 3:30. And I'm no good without 7 hours. But, I've never slept for the lenght of time you have. Time to talk to your doctor?
Wishing you peaceful sleep...

Shalom!
Old 11-30-2005, 01:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks teach....I'm also a nocternal creature. So you're getting up at 3 a.m. and I'm just now finally starting to get a tad sleepy, but still have to get some dinner, drive home and wind down, so I'll prolly dose off around 5-6 a.m.

It's fun having others up with me though.....not that I'm glad your gunna be sleep deprived today though.

Have you tried things to help you sleep longer or help you fall back asleep like meditation, relaxation cd's, self-hypnosis, things like that? I use to do a self-hypnosis technique when manic and couldn't sleep that would usually work if I kept it up for 5-15 minutes. I would count backwards from 10 - 1, very slowly and picturing the numbers being drawn as I thought the words in my head and the lower the number, the lower the position of this "image" in my mind's eye (like picturing the 10 at eye level or higher and ending up with picturing the one around my belly - like going down a list or a staircase.) The trick is to really image seeing the numbers and drawing the lines very slowly and to keep repeating the set.

Having a chilled room helps most people sleep better too b/c otherwise you become hot when your body temp drops during sleep and it ends up waking you b/c you then get uncomfortable.

just my 2-cents since I rarely have trouble sleeping unless manic.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My good-4-nothing pdoc says I sleep too much and should MAKE myself stay awake. I told her I've tried that MANY times and it's been NO use since this episode hit last year so I just don't bother trying to fight it any more.

I was in a staff meeting at work one day and dosed off. I was sitting right next to my arrogant boss who was at the head of the table and he told me to wake up and listen b/c I needed to hear what he was saying (99 percent of what he said wasn't ever important though). Anyway my job was on shaky ground with him at the time so I tried with all I had. My friend/fellow worker nudged me with her elbow when I dosed off the 2nd time. The third time, my boss kicked me from under the table!
Old 11-30-2005, 01:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

WOW, not a good way to get a job review! LOL!
I've done progressive muscle relaxation; deep breathing; and the heat's off tonight. It's just a result of stress. It'll go away soon. It's just a pain while dealing with it.
Thanks, though!

Shalom!
Old 11-30-2005, 05:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep up with the progressive muscle relaxation cus that really helps with stress if done regularly.

Hope it goes away soon teach! Sleep depervation makes life miserable the longer it goes on.