Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Mental Health Issues > Mental Health
Reload this Page >

VERY bad dpdr... Anxiety and detachement from reality??

Notices

Old 02-02-2022, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Still in a rough spot in life. I think I screwed myself over. Latley I been drinking about once a week out of bad depression and anxiety. Trying some SSRIs no luck. But a while back after a night of drinking I woke up with bad anxiety and this dpdr which is depersonalization and derealization. It's the scariest thing some people can go through. I feel like everything is wavy and it feels like I'm on a dream like state.... I'm taking valium and tapering off celexa looking to try a new medication soon. Any advice on this? I don't know what's wrong with me and my anxiety is a 10 out of 10 each day I don't know what happened is this maybe some type of pyschosis? Or schitozoprenia or a mild case I developed?? My mental health is not good at all any help or experiences ?
Old 02-02-2022, 02:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I know its hard Karthas but it's really hard for any med to work as it should if you're drinking on them?
I think you'd have much better results if you can get around the idea that drinking is helping depression and anxiety cos it's really not, man.
Old 02-02-2022, 04:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Karthas, I only have second-hand experience from watching a loved one go through a lot of anxiety and med changes. I do know that the act of changing meds can cause some serious anxiety and the addition of alcohol is never helpful. Are you being 100% honest with your medical provider regarding your symptoms and your drinking? I know from previous posts you have been having a hard time, I'm so sorry you're going through this. Wishing the best for you.
Old 02-03-2022, 05:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by Karthas View Post
I feel like everything is wavy and it feels like I'm on a dream like state.... I'm taking valium and tapering off celexa looking to try a new medication soon. Any advice on this?
I felt this way taking SSRI's without alcohol, and as mentioned no medication should be taken with alcohol unless approved by the prescriber. I hope you're being honest with him/her about everything you're taking. I know you're experiencing a horrendous amount of anxiety and I'm sorry to see you going through this, but really the key to recovery is abstaining from what brought us here in the first place, and following the recommendations of experts. Please, try your best to do this safely.