Notices

Thankful for my mental illness?

Old 10-24-2020, 11:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Thankful for my mental illness?

Yes in a big way. Not for the mental symptoms that caused such distress. Grateful that I was finally diagnoses with something I can learn about. To know that there was a cause of my behaviors and there is treatment for them, was a relief. For decades I was baffle that I acted in ways other people found weird to say the least. All that isolation, sadness, lost hope, addiction had a cause and a way out. That 'way out' instilled hope in me. My wellness journey was a winding road with pitfalls and wrong directions. Yet I stayed on that road knowing as long as I continue down the path of wellness I will away have HOPE. Today I find hope translated into action makes that recovery road a scenic rout.
Old 10-26-2020, 09:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
Yes in a big way. Not for the mental symptoms that caused such distress. Grateful that I was finally diagnoses with something I can learn about. To know that there was a cause of my behaviors and there is treatment for them, was a relief. For decades I was baffle that I acted in ways other people found weird to say the least. All that isolation, sadness, lost hope, addiction had a cause and a way out. That 'way out' instilled hope in me. My wellness journey was a winding road with pitfalls and wrong directions. Yet I stayed on that road knowing as long as I continue down the path of wellness I will away have HOPE. Today I find hope translated into action makes that recovery road a scenic rout.
Yes! This! All of this!!!!!!!!

I found so much strength in my diagnosis, and just within the last year finally accepting that my mental illness is chronic......I don't have to fight it anymore! I've learned how to control it, how to manage flair ups, and I continue to learn how life goes on! Learning how to live with it and understanding it more - It's a great place to be! 💜