Notices

Dr. Ramani vids

Old 08-26-2020, 06:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Dr. Ramani vids

With regard to mental health and how to deal with dysfunction, to survive, to get along in situations that cannot be escaped/e.g., when around toxic players, specifically, highly narcisstic people:

I am pleased I found Dr. Ramani's videos on YouTube. Two thumbs up to her for sharing her knowledge. So therapeutic. One that really explains grey rock method well -- I am going to share. Quite good and the method is thoughtfully and well explained:

https://youtu.be/AmksB-SIvtA
Old 09-22-2020, 06:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life Health Prosperity

Anaya, thanks for the video. For 30 days or so I have been putting out the effort to change my thinking. It is dominated by automatic negative thoughts and has been that way for as long as I can remember Been watching videos like Dr. Ramani's. There is big resistance in me to do this.
Old 10-24-2020, 06:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
Anaya, thanks for the video. For 30 days or so I have been putting out the effort to change my thinking. It is dominated by automatic negative thoughts and has been that way for as long as I can remember Been watching videos like Dr. Ramani's. There is big resistance in me to do this.
Hoping things are going well for you at present!

Old 10-24-2020, 09:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

Originally Posted by neferkamichael View Post
. It is dominated by automatic negative thoughts and has been that way for as long as I can remember
I use the stop thought tool. When a negative thought pops in my head I may say out loud "STOP". I'll do this repeatedly until I have disrupt that thought. Some times I laugh because I saying "stop" so many times. Challenge that negative thought. What cognitive distorting https://arfamiliesfirst.com/wp-conte...istortions.pdf is messing with me.

Anyhow, a healthy practice makes us well. Keep at it, u can do it!
Old 10-27-2020, 05:50 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Zencat View Post
I use the stop thought tool. When a negative thought pops in my head I may say out loud "STOP". I'll do this repeatedly until I have disrupt that thought. Some times I laugh because I saying "stop" so many times. Challenge that negative thought. What cognitive distorting https://arfamiliesfirst.com/wp-conte...istortions.pdf is messing with me.

Anyhow, a healthy practice makes us well. Keep at it, u can do it!
Great suggestion!

One helpful tool for me is practicing mindfulness, especially being now more engaged in practicing mindfulness and other coping strategies with help from a professional who helps "light" the fire under my butt and brings me to a positive place; the results of the practice provide such relief from negativity and stops me ruminating. I must be conscious of my tendencies daily and I must use my tools daily.