Notices

This pandemic truly sucks

Old 04-05-2020, 11:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

This pandemic truly sucks

I would totally rock this pandemic with alcohol. I keep thinking that in this situation it would be OK to get have some wine. Just to feel normal. I have such crushing anxiety. I usually shake during the night. Fear of dying. Fear of leaving my five-year-old without a daddy.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey TobyOne - good to see you again.

You've been sober a fairly long time yeah? Congrats.
Don't throw that away,

You'll regret it bitterly man.

I think, if I started drinking again, I'd probably not see out the year.

Drinking may or may not take me out directly - I might be injured venturing out, or get a fine I can't afford to pay or maybe even a fatal dose of the virus...and rather than alleviating my anxiety I know it would make it worse.

Despair was always worse for me when drinking.

I have faith that if I stay in lockdown and make sire I'm practicing good hygiene, I have a good chance of getting through this fit and healthy

There a lot of guided meditations & relaxation exercises available for free on you tube - I'd go those every time over a drink.

Post here too - I think it helps to know you're not alone

D
Old 04-06-2020, 06:21 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Yeah this stay-at-home time is a great time to do just that, stay at home! I venture out for necessities and walks with our dog for some fresh air. I appreciate this time to work on healthy eating and enjoying my usual coffee and seltzer water, I can't imagine alcohol improving anything right now. This is also a good time for me to be mindful of prayer and meditation.

Stay with us here Toby, this site provides great support during even these most difficult times. I'll show up every day and hope you continue to join us!
Old 04-06-2020, 08:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Def another one voting that this is way better sober.

What are you doing to occupy our waking hours?
Old 04-06-2020, 08:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
nez

Fear of leaving my five-year-old without a daddy.
If I return to drinking I would be greatly increasing the odds that I would leave my loved ones prematurely.
Old 04-06-2020, 10:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I think so many of us are struggling in one way or another. Please stay strong and sober. I can't say anything anyone else has said. I live in a Condominium complex and everyone is home all the time now. It's hard sometimes to get along, although some of us work at it more than others.
Prayers, love and hope to you. It does suck, but it sucks for all of us. We're all in this together and I hope you and anyone struggling chose to stay sober.♥♥♥
Stay safe.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I think more than usual, this is a great time to take it one day at a time. Whatever you need to do so you don't drink today is the right thing.
Old 04-09-2020, 02:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Adding my support with others, that I know we can all get through this. Some have said warmer weather will stop this virus; I don't know if that's true.

I sure do love when I have the opportunity to walk, get fresh air and that it is warming up where I live; the sunshine is so wonderful.

I am not stuck at home, in that I am required to continue working. However, I do my best to follow what the CDC recommends.

Stay safe and stay well. God's blessings to you and your child.