Notices

15 days in. now what?

Old 02-02-2020, 06:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

15 days in. now what?

Im 15 days out of detox. Still sober. But depressed ass all hell. Lonely.

quick rundown. drank for 10 years 26er a day. lost house, wife, kid. everything. sold the house made a profit. moved into an apartment and ex and daughter moved to another city. losing them broke me. i came up with a plan to party like 30 grand away and kill myself. well i partied that 30 grand away in 4 months. then detoxed. im now broke. lost my job. only have enough money to last 3 more months. now im sober i see that was a bad idea lol. but im scared. this is the lowest ive ever gone and noone will talk to me. like...noone. i hurt them all. sooo now what?
Old 02-02-2020, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Great job on starting this sober journey.

My immediate thought is are you having and going to continue counseling of some kind? Meds? I needed those quite intensely at first, and still do tho at a "maintenance" level. My recovery life and foundation of AA was and is critical and freeing as well.
Old 02-02-2020, 07:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome to SR, I hope you find this useful on your recovery journey. How about posting in the Newcomers & Alcoholism forums? We're glad you've found us!
Old 02-02-2020, 08:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

no meds. i go to AA meetings as often as i can. Sometimes they are an hour away and i dont wanna drive that far.
Old 02-02-2020, 08:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

You'll get more replies on the Newcomer's section. SoberRecovery is great! Here's a couple good threads to join:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-3-a-14.html (Class of January 2020 PART 3)

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ml#post7374040 (24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 473)