Notices

Suffering from Depression

Old 09-26-2019, 06:17 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Many similarities to my childhood (could've been written by Stephen King- on a good day)….
just remember Aly- the past is just that- memories cannot hurt us now- in the real world where we action stuff, if we do not reqct to them. As to thebrain thinking part, that is a lifetime gig. Apart from here, and my 'professional friends' (psychoist etc- they are paid to listen and be a friend, of sorts)

- journal writing helps me. Almost like breathing in meditation, it allows the 'doing stuff' part of my mind work on what needs to be done, while the childish crazy part is focused on words.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:40 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Thank you so much PJ.
I used to journal write prolifically since high school. Then all of a sudden I stopped, it was like I had nothing more to say. It was odd.
Maybe I'll either pick that up again or go to the craft store and get some paper and pastels and charcoal and try to draw again. I haven't done it for years. When I was pre teen or so, I used to love drawing and painting in water colors. I don't know how to paint with anything else. It just felt good and if it turned out well,, all the better. xxoo
Old 09-27-2019, 02:53 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

DO THE ART!!!
It is not about being a genius, it is about being creative, expression, learning.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:49 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
The art sounds like a wonderful idea Aly, any creativity is a great recovery tool. I'm a terrible artist other than paint-by-numbers but I'm still enjoying my guitar even though I may eventually have to admit that I'll never play like Alex Lifeson (guitarist for Rush)
Old 09-27-2019, 06:57 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Definitely do the art Aly, it is therapeutic and you will enjoy it, get yourself out this weekend and get some paper, pastels and charcoals, go for it.
I'm sorry I've not checked in here for quite a few days so I've just done some back reading and I'm sorry about your childhood and all the trauma's you endured ((())).
As per P.J the memories can't hurt you now, they are just memories. I'm glad too that you have your therapist to confide in and of course us who are always here for you. You're very loved.

All my love

Mxxx
Old 09-27-2019, 11:41 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

PJ, you are so right. And Astro and Daisy. I'd forgotten how much I love to do art. I think I will go and get some art supplies this weekend. It does help. Gets me out of my head for a while.
I have my shift with ARF today. Once I get there and start working, I feel better, it seems like physical work helps too.
All my love to you all. Thank you so much for being here. ♥♥♥
Old 09-27-2019, 02:51 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Here's another vote for doing art. You would be wonderful at it. Getting out of our heads is so important - I overthink everything & drive myself wacky at times.
Old 09-27-2019, 04:35 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Art helps me a great deal- not so much the end result, but the understanding and the path in making it.
Old 09-27-2019, 05:34 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Aly, yes, do the art! I admire anyone with artistic talents. I can't draw a straight line with a ruler...

Give Luke a tummy rub from me.
Old 09-27-2019, 06:07 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  

Thank you all!
Least, Luke loved his belly rub! He wants you to give Billie one too for him! ♥
This weekend I am going to find a store with art supplies and get some stuff for pastel, charcoal and maybe some good pencils.
Love you all so very much. ♥♥♥
Old 09-27-2019, 11:20 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good morning Aly my lovely, I'm so pleased you're going to buy some art supplies and I'm looking forward to hearing how it goes. I have a feeling you will enjoy it.
Have the best Saturday you can.
Love always
Mxxx
Old 09-28-2019, 08:06 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Jumping in a little late on this, but I have benefited so much from refurbishing vintage wood items, (hoping to get an old wooden spinning wheel today). I can imagine painting would fall into this also.

badge
Old 09-28-2019, 10:46 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for your support! ♥♥♥
All my love to you all.
Old 09-28-2019, 11:20 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Billie said to tell Luke thank you for the tummy rub from the West Coast. She enjoyed it very much and sends Luke doggie love from Ohio.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:50 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Thank you all for being here. Your support, stories, advice, and wit as well as empathy means so very much to me. ♥♥♥
Old 09-28-2019, 02:01 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

I'm sat at home tonight painting pebbles, I've started painting Halloween ones, pumpkins, ghosts, spiders etc and I'm enjoying it immensely.
I hope you managed to find some supplies Aly or it least gave it some more thought.
Wishing you a calm and tranquil evening.
Love always
Mxxxx
Old 09-28-2019, 02:07 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Daisy, you are so sweet to remember me. Today I'm just taking it kind of easy, so I think I'll go tomorrow to the art store. I'm a little tired and sore after my ARF shift. So busy getting ready for their biggest fundraiser of the year, with celebrities and athletes. Maybe one day I can work it and be a voyeur. Lol.
Have a wonderful day and I hope your art projects turn out well. There is a house where I live that has a rock garden with a lot of painted rocks. they looked so pretty. Love to you always, M ♥♥♥
Old 09-29-2019, 07:53 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by badgerden View Post
Jumping in a little late on this, but I have benefited so much from refurbishing vintage wood items, (hoping to get an old wooden spinning wheel today).
That sounds awesome! I've refinished some furniture and cabinets the past few years. It's a lot of work but the results are eye-popping!

Aly, celebrity fundraisers can be a lot of fun and give you lots of surprises. I get to work Alice Copper's Christmas Pudding every year, I enjoy bumping into lots of rock stars and celebrities and the amount of money raised is inspiring!
Old 09-29-2019, 11:06 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Alice Cooper's sounds like a lot of fun to work!

Maybe next year they'll ask me to volunteer, besides just in the back. Although, I'm comfortable around people for only so long, it wouldn't take me to very long to find my way back to the animals, I think. ♥♥♥
Old 10-03-2019, 01:25 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

how are you, Aly?