Blogs

Notices

What helps you when you're depressed

Old 03-06-2019, 03:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robert88 View Post
Watch Whose Line is it Anyways on YouTube. It is funny as hell. It always helps me when I feel really down. I know that exercise helps too but that is hard to do when you are bummed out. If you like playing video games, that might help.
Video games are the one exception where the word "addictive" is used as a positive descriptor. This comment has nothing to do with the efficacy of your suggestion. It's just an unusual use of a word that usually describes something bad. And a game that is not addictive is not a very good game, IMO.
The Following User Says Thank You to DriGuy For This Useful Post:
Pathwaytofree (03-14-2019)
Old 03-14-2019, 03:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Robert88 View Post
Watch Whose Line is it Anyways on YouTube. It is funny as hell. It always helps me when I feel really down. I know that exercise helps too but that is hard to do when you are bummed out. If you like playing video games, that might help.
I used to watch that show years ago. What a great idea! I used to enjoy comedy. I wish I had thought of this myself. Thanks for the idea.

Sometimes I'll play a game on my phone, but I find that it gets a little too addictive. I just have to set a time limit I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Pathwaytofree For This Useful Post:
Astro (03-15-2019)
Old 04-20-2019, 02:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Comedy and being with my dogs and husband.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to choublak For This Useful Post:
Astro (04-21-2019), Pathwaytofree (04-22-2019)
Old 04-27-2019, 04:06 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

A lot of people mistake depression with sadness. If I'm sad, playing video games, watching movie, just doing what I love will make me happy again. But when people are depressed and I mean really depressed, then all those things that makes you happy wont! All you can do is sleep, rest, eat healthy, drink water, try to move more and find new hobby and maybe slowly you will recover.

Depression is something really hard to recover from, because you see everything in one color, not in 2,3,4,5,9999+

Hope that helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AnabolicSteroid For This Useful Post:
hopeful4 (04-29-2019), Pathwaytofree (05-07-2019)
Old 05-07-2019, 02:08 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AnabolicSteroid View Post
A lot of people mistake depression with sadness. If I'm sad, playing video games, watching movie, just doing what I love will make me happy again. But when people are depressed and I mean really depressed, then all those things that makes you happy wont! All you can do is sleep, rest, eat healthy, drink water, try to move more and find new hobby and maybe slowly you will recover.

Depression is something really hard to recover from, because you see everything in one color, not in 2,3,4,5,9999+

Hope that helps.
Thanks, AS. That's a really good explanation. I also find that proper sleep, rest, eating healthy, exercising, getting lost in a hobby, are all things that help my depression, too. They don't cure them, as I used to want to believe, but they do definitely manage them.

I like your point about seeing things in one color. I never thought of it that way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pathwaytofree For This Useful Post:
Astro (05-08-2019), hopeful4 (05-08-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 01:23 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

First and foremost, meeting with my doctor. I recently returned to a prescription that worked in the past for me. I am starting CBT to help with how I process my emotions.

Can I also say that my cat has radar for my down moods and sticks right to me. Silly, I know, but it's heartwarming to have that unconditional care ❤❤
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HideMe For This Useful Post:
Astro (05-24-2019), Dee74 (05-23-2019), hopeful4 (05-29-2019)
Old 01-29-2020, 07:20 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Auburnazd View Post
Loving on my cats, excercise used to work but hasnít lately but definitely can for some people, journaling, these forums. Just getting things off your chest can be so cathartic. I have battled depression for years and it has only gotten worse since I got off weed that I used for 20 years to cover my emotions. So if you ever need to vent, Iím here. We can be vent buddies. Just know you have a place to come to for help and support.

Question .....
I have had a three year depression that hasnít gone away and no med has helped . This is my third one . I have no experience with weed , but people keep telling me that if I canít find a med to work, I should go the route of marijuana. You say above your depression was worse . Why do people suggest that ? Is there a difference between regular marijuana and medicinal marijuana?
Old 07-11-2020, 05:29 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Being around other people, exercise, meditation, helping someone, doing something I enjoy and engrossing myself in it, watching something funny, praying to God. Those are the things I am most likely to do when I am feeling depressed. I can't help but believe that if you do some of those, then things will definitely improve for you.
Old 08-01-2020, 06:42 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I like to watch random acts of kindness videos on YouTube. And the calm app helps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stickyone For This Useful Post:
Astro (08-02-2020), least (08-02-2020)
Old 08-02-2020, 10:30 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Petting my little dog while she's lying on my lap never fails to calm me and make me feel better.
The Following User Says Thank You to least For This Useful Post:
Astro (08-02-2020)