Notices

Losing hope

Old 11-25-2018, 03:48 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I've been extremely sick, so I haven't been posting much. Things are okay- my mood has been better because I'm trying to get to meetings. My interview is tomorrow.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Meetings always help to improve my life in general, they remind me of the basics & principles of recovery and keep me connected to other addicts. I hope you feel better soon.
Old 11-26-2018, 04:00 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  

prayers and support to you
Old 11-26-2018, 04:08 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

I'm having a hard time right now. Everything hurts and I just want to give up. I feel this way a lot. I'm holding out until 7:30, maybe I will leave to go to the meeting. I've been running around all day. I don't really have much of a plan for the future. For anyone who says, that's okay- really- it's not- I need income ASAP.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:23 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I hope you made it to that meeting, I always found meetings comforting and made a point of talking to someone else who might give me a different perspective on my circumstances. Forward steps Lacey, I know you need employment and income, the best you can do is to keep focused on that.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:31 AM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Hi Lacey, I just wanted to drop in and see how you are doing and let you know I am thinking about you!
Old 11-29-2018, 01:53 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Thanks. It's the same. I'm seriously considering leaving this area once I get my check. I'm about 90% sure that is what I am going to do. There's no point in me trying to stay here and just work a menial job and exist. I'm already applying for jobs out of state.

If that check doesn't come in the next week, I am going back to my old ways to make some money. This is very disheartening and I don't want to do this, but I have to survive. It's only for a short time.

One of of these days, I have to just be really productive, but it never seems to happen. I am applying for jobs, though. Just not here. I honestly don't see any jobs here I qualify for that I could support myself on.

thanks for thinking about me.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:36 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

I had a second interview for the job today and she already called one of my references! It went SO WELL. I would LOVE to work there and move back into my old house (once I get my check).

Ive been interacting with the nicest people lately. Our family doctor agreed to see me free of charge since I have no insurance and insisted on no payment, which is so kind. And today, when I went to the pharmacy with no insurance (which I haven't had to do in years) they were SO NICE and bent over backwards to get me discounts and saved me almost $400! I am calling the store manager tomorrow to tell them how wonderful their employees were. I didn't have the extra money and wouldn't have been able to get all of my pills without their help.

Things like that really help me get through the day.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:50 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  

LaceyDallas, It is really heartening to hear that things seem to be turning your way after such a really difficult stretch.
Old 12-06-2018, 04:15 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Lacey, I'm happy to hear you have some positivity in your life right now
Old 12-06-2018, 07:20 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Lacey....I am so happy things are looking up!!! God has a way of taking care of things even when we cannot see around our hurdles!!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you, it sounds very promising! Keep us updated!
Old 12-06-2018, 11:31 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  

I got offered the job and start right before Christmas. I hesitate to celebrate, because they haven't seen my record yet, but they do really like me and I think it's going to work out. They ask about felonies on the application l, and I answered no, since I don't have any. But I'm still a bit concerned. But, if it works out, I think I will REALLY like it there. Unlike the last job, there were zero red flags during the interview (see my thread on recovery coaches)- they are a very middle of the road non profit and don't have any extreme views or anything- they just want to help people, and that's really it. And it's so close to my old house, and hopefully the check will be coming by January, so I can get what I need done st the house and move back in and live there. And have ALL 6 of my cats again- right now I have 2, and I miss the other ones.

Thanks everyone for your kind words. This is my first day with all 3 of the pills I need in about a month (Dr. wrote for a generic- which was STILL over $400 but the lovely people at the pharmacy got it down to $48!), so I am sure, along with the job situation, I am going to feel better!
Old 12-06-2018, 10:25 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  

keep posting ld. support to you
Old 12-07-2018, 04:24 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Win-win all around, I'm very happy to hear all this good news!
Old 12-07-2018, 08:28 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

So super great Lacey!!! Have a wonderful weekend!
Old 12-08-2018, 03:27 AM
  # 156 (permalink)  

That's great news to hear on all fronts for you! You've been pushing through some very tough times, and it's nice to hear that you have a more clear and hopeful path lying ahead. I went through that anxiety of waiting for the background check, it's the last part that can be difficult, but from what you have described I think you're probably all set to go forward.
Old 12-10-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Great news, Lacey.

You have certainly come a long way since you started this thread.

Keep up the good work.
Old 12-10-2018, 07:41 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Thanks. Something amazing that I've waited a very long time for is happening tomorrow. I will keep you all posted!
Old 12-10-2018, 08:57 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

So, in less than 24 hours, I will be face to face with "the guy"...and this will pretty much determine if he a) cares about me on any level and wants to have some ongoing contact with me or b) doesn't really want to publicly acknowledge me and just wants to let it go, at least for now. I was NOT anticipating this at ALL. He lives 8 hours away and I have given up on moving there because of my job offer, and I won't be traveling anytime soon, either, so I have mentally shelved the entire thing...until...

he is going to be speaking at at an event in a city about four hours from me. It's feasible to drive down and back in the same day. Gas is $50 (I can sell plasma for $50). I can eat in the car and the event/parking is free. So...why not? It's Wednesday. I have clothes to wear, makeup, etc. I don't have to spend any money here. I just have to get there REALLLLLY early because it's first come first serve. But...I'm not working, what else am I doing? Lol.

So. This is it. I'm not mentioning that I will be there. I want to see the exact look on his face when he looks across the room and sees me sitting there. THAT is worth a million dollars, because that is the moment of truth I've been waiting a year for. That will tell me all I need to know.

My gut reaction is that he is, on some level, interested in me, but he isn't going to act on it, because ""someone like me" isn't going to be good for his image. This is harsh, but this is life. I can deal with that. I know what baggage I bring. I've been THRILLED lately, literally walking around on Cloud 9 about going back to my old house and taking this job, so I have invested NOTHING in this trip emotionally. ZERO. Every fiber of my being is committed to going back to (My Old Town) and living the life I started to live a year ago. If this is the end of this chapter in my life, I'm completely fine with it. I feel it is time to just KNOW, one way or another.
Old 12-11-2018, 04:17 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I hope the outcome is what you'd like it to be Lacey, and even if it isn't, I still sense that you're happy and that life is positively going well for you.