Notices

Stuck in a Depressive Cycle

Old 03-08-2018, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stuck in a Depressive Cycle

I feel I know what to do, but cannot get myself to do it. I don't even know what to say about my situation as it's very conplex.

I've been working so hard to hold things together but I can't get my mind moving to do what I need to.

I feel like I am just doing enough not to fall apart. Yet, at times putting g to much pressure on myself giving the situtaiin I'm in.

I have come so far, and all while 92 days clean and sober. It's not enough to keep things right.
Old 03-08-2018, 11:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
totfit

Eat right, get a good amount of exercise, get outdoors. Do the things that you have to do daily that your living situation requires first. Don't over-complicate things if this is related to a "recovery thing" you think you must do. Take deep breaths and relax. If you think you may be clinically depressed, see a Doctor. Not sure what is going on with you, but I know that we can overwhelm ourselves sometimes when we think we are not doing enough, when in fact we are doing everything necessary. Go easy on yourself. Wish you the best.
Old 03-09-2018, 04:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Originally Posted by totfit View Post
Eat right, get a good amount of exercise, get outdoors. Do the things that you have to do daily that your living situation requires first. Don't over-complicate things if this is related to a "recovery thing" you think you must do. Take deep breaths and relax. If you think you may be clinically depressed, see a Doctor. Not sure what is going on with you, but I know that we can overwhelm ourselves sometimes when we think we are not doing enough, when in fact we are doing everything necessary. Go easy on yourself. Wish you the best.
Amen!

This is where I take that "one day at a time" literally, I'm just going through the motions to get through today sober and I'll wake up the next day and do it again. Life is always good for me but not without some challenges.
Old 03-10-2018, 02:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

92 Days is fantastic! What an accomplishment

Sometimes, when I am overwhelmed by everything I believe I "should" be doing in my life, I try to break things down very simply.

My house is a mess: Just tackle one pile in one spot. The whole house seems overwhelming, but I can do just one pile.

My lawn needs to be mowed: I can at least prep the lawn for mowing, pick up pine cones and branches, rake just a bit. That way, I'm at least outside and moving a bit.

Need to get groceries: I haven't tried it yet, but some stores allow you to place your order on-line and pick it up later. That way, you don't have to be out among a throng of people but you do get your needed groceries.

Breathe, hang in there!!