Notices

Just need a thread for a while

Old 12-27-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Just need a thread for a while

Need a place to check in. I'm "detoxing" off social media and it's hard. Especially not checking the one with my ( ow former) love interest. Checking it became such a habit. So I figured I'd start this thread so I can check this instead.

I loved him for seven years. Now I believe he may never have been the person I thought he was. Still hurts like hell.

All sorts of other stuff going on. Life is hard.

Thanks for reading.
Old 12-27-2017, 05:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey, social media can be a real problem for me as well. I deleted my fb account years ago then started a new one last spring. I ended up having an affair with someone and eventually had to unfriend them. I've checked their account a few times but it's been a while now.

Also realizing the person you love may not be the person you love anymore is something I'm dealing with as well. I don't really have any advice but know you are not alone
Old 12-28-2017, 04:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Totally understand the need to step away from toxic situations and work on ourselves so if this thread is what you need I applaud you!
Old 12-28-2017, 05:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Right now, TBH, I'm just white-knuckling it to stay out of the hospital. It's minute by minute most of the day.

Thanks for the responses. The two closest people to me in program are dealing with a death right now, so I just can't lay this at their doorstep right now. I feel very guilty that I can't be there for them in any meaningful way during their difficult time.

The pain is so bad that I would literally give anything for it to stop, just for an hour. But I don't want to change my sobriety date. So, somehow, I get through it.

I haven't been perfect with staying off the social media, but I've been refusing to post anything on Twitter in hopes that he will read it and I deactivated FB altogether.

In the meager time I do spend online, yesterday, someone managed to completely insult me. Go figure.

I have to go back to work really soon- my second job. This is the source of about 95% of the stress. I don't want to do it, but I literally have no choice. It is so hard for me.

My mom is also going through some mystery reorganization at her work, whereas losing her job altogether is an option. As a 67 year old alcoholic, her employment opportunities are limited, and I simply cannot support her right now.

My sister is totally useless, as usual.

Basically, it's just me and my mom. Everyone else is dead, or we don't talk to them for some reason, like they're crazy or a user.

I have two mortgages for the foreseeable future. This is really hard.

And the guy- it was more of a fantasy than a reality- but now I know for sure I will never have him. Just what I need right about now.

Thanks for listening.
Old 12-29-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Recovery will get us through any challenge, I know that to be true. Please lean on people who have been through trials, you'll find support when you need it.