Notices

Severe depression, day 85 sober

Old 01-07-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thanks icoi! There are a lot of opinions on prescribed medications and sobriety. I have to be selective about which ones I pay attention to for my own sanity.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:31 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

5 months - nice work!!!!

Well done on putting in five months of sobriety - that's great!!!!

I have a friend in the fellowship who put in 11 years of work into the 12 steps, while miserable. He finally took antidepressants under pressure from his GP and the cloud lifted.

The steps are an amazing program and to date the only seriously effective way to deal with addiction - however they do not deal with other conditions. I'm so glad you are getting medication.

Stay safe Leana
Old 03-10-2018, 11:46 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

This is a very overdue to your response wagster.

I'm doing way better these days. It helps that my RA pain is under control. Pain really complicates depression.

The other day my sister said "you've been really stable lately" and I can only attribute that to not drinking. Every time I had serious suicidal thoughts or made an attempt, I was drunk. That's the undeniable reality.
Old 03-11-2018, 10:30 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Bipolar 2 here

Hi there. I know how debilitating it is to slide into a depression. I can only tell you what works for me though 😀
I always do the double barrel approach. I go see my Psychiatrist and my psychologist in parallel, at the same time. First one checks if my meds needs adjustment and I start talking to the psychologists. Sometimes I feel I have nothing to say but I go anyways and always end up talking about a lot of things.

This way my depression does not last long.
I hope this helps you getting on the path of recovery 😁